GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

EMBARRASSED!

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1EMBARRASSED! Empty EMBARRASSED! on Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:45 pm

PLEDGERTON

PLEDGERTON
Tonight I'm embarrassed - not my only emotion - but Graham McLennan told us quite clearly that our MCT pledges would not only add to the playing budget but would bring QUALITY into the squad. Anybody can check that out. How much more are we supposed to suffer before we pull our pledges en masse?

That was absolute SHITE today.  thumbs down

2EMBARRASSED! Empty Re: EMBARRASSED! on Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:53 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
Just think how bad we'd be without MCT money.

3EMBARRASSED! Empty Re: EMBARRASSED! on Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:03 pm

weemanTon

weemanTon
Johnny Bravo wrote:Just think how bad we'd be without MCT money.
Your fucking naive banana heid if you think it gets spent at Cappielow! bounce bounce bounce bounce

4EMBARRASSED! Empty Re: EMBARRASSED! on Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:17 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
weemanTon wrote:
Your fucking naive banana heid if you think it gets spent at Cappielow! bounce bounce bounce bounce

*You're

5EMBARRASSED! Empty Re: EMBARRASSED! on Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:19 pm

weemanTon

weemanTon
Johnny Bravo wrote:
weemanTon wrote:

*You're
eh???

6EMBARRASSED! Empty Re: EMBARRASSED! on Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:23 pm

Edwards

Edwards
Back on topic and McLennan and his crew DID promise that quality would be added to the squad, but it strikes me that they have been conned out of their money.

7EMBARRASSED! Empty Re: EMBARRASSED! on Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:49 pm

bunter

bunter
Edwards wrote:Back on topic and McLennan and his crew DID promise that quality would be added to the squad, but it strikes me that they have been conned out of their money.
Fools and there money eh! clown

8EMBARRASSED! Empty Re: EMBARRASSED! on Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:52 pm

Blade Runner

Blade Runner
Edwards wrote:Back on topic and McLennan and his crew DID promise that quality would be added to the squad, but it strikes me that they have been conned out of their money.

It was a very stupid statement to make. Paying good money guarantees you nothing.

9EMBARRASSED! Empty Re: EMBARRASSED! on Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:03 am

SPIKE

Blade Runner wrote:

It was a very stupid statement to make. Paying good money guarantees you nothing.

I recall the McGraw Consortium offering good money only for DDFR to use the Professor to block their offer with the administrators.

That was the beginning of the slippery slope under Raes.

And the slope gets stepper and steeper.

10EMBARRASSED! Empty Re: EMBARRASSED! on Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:34 am

Tomton

Tomton
SPIKE wrote:
Blade Runner wrote:

I recall the McGraw Consortium offering good money only for DDFR to use the Professor to block their offer with the administrators.

Did that consortium actually make an offer? unsure

11EMBARRASSED! Empty Re: EMBARRASSED! on Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:24 am

SPIKE

Tomton wrote:
SPIKE wrote:
Blade Runner wrote:

Aye - McGraw can give you the details.

12EMBARRASSED! Empty Re: EMBARRASSED! on Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:44 am

Tomton

Tomton
SPIKE wrote:
Tomton wrote:
SPIKE wrote:
Blade Runner wrote:

Well that's new to me! I clearly remember Stuart Duncan (one time Trust chairman and Club director) claiming on the now disappeared Trust website (under 'How it all began') that the consortium couldn't get their act together!

13EMBARRASSED! Empty Re: EMBARRASSED! on Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:18 am

SPIKE

Tomton wrote:
SPIKE wrote:
Tomton wrote:
SPIKE wrote:
Blade Runner wrote:

Well that's new to me! I clearly remember Stuart Duncan (one time Trust chairman and Club director) claiming on the now disappeared Trust website (under 'How it all began') that the consortium couldn't get their act together!

Well, Mr. Duncan has told quite a few fibs in the last 20 years.

14EMBARRASSED! Empty Re: EMBARRASSED! on Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:27 am

Tomton

Tomton
SPIKE wrote:
Tomton wrote:
SPIKE wrote:
Tomton wrote:
SPIKE wrote:
Blade Runner wrote:

Well, Mr. Duncan has told quite a few fibs in the last 20 years.
He is indeed a stranger to the truth.

15EMBARRASSED! Empty Re: EMBARRASSED! on Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:05 pm

kidston

kidston
Tomton wrote:
SPIKE wrote:
Tomton wrote:
SPIKE wrote:
Blade Runner wrote:

That is exactly what Stuart told us in the early Trust days. He was well respected in the Morton community at that time.

16EMBARRASSED! Empty Re: EMBARRASSED! on Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:17 pm

SPIKE

Even more so than Mike Peden.

17EMBARRASSED! Empty Re: EMBARRASSED! on Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:27 pm

kidston

kidston
SPIKE wrote:Even more so than Mike Peden.
Ah - the memories! Peden at least had some kind of track record whereas Duncan was just a mouth disconnected from above.

19EMBARRASSED! Empty Re: EMBARRASSED! on Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:04 pm

kidston

kidston
Then there was Mileson who wanted to turn a village team into a premier league outfit! I wonder what might have happened if Rae senior had just delegated but it's all too late now.

20EMBARRASSED! Empty Re: EMBARRASSED! on Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:00 pm

willowman

willowman
kidston wrote:Even more so than Mike Peden.

Ah - the memories! Peden at least had some kind of track record whereas Duncan was just a mouth disconnected from above.
Excellent Kidston. Cheers Jim

Sent from Topic'it App

21EMBARRASSED! Empty Re: EMBARRASSED! on Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:40 pm

Roberton

kidston wrote:
Tomton wrote:
SPIKE wrote:
Tomton wrote:
SPIKE wrote:
Blade Runner wrote:

That is exactly what Stuart told us in the early Trust days. He was well respected in the Morton community at that time.
He sure was and proved to be anothey of those motormouths like hawke

22EMBARRASSED! Empty Re: EMBARRASSED! on Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:42 pm

MANGLETON

Is this the same one that Dougie booted out the BOD?

Sent from Topic'it App

23EMBARRASSED! Empty Re: EMBARRASSED! on Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:51 pm

vaperton

vaperton
MANGLETON wrote: Is this the same one that Dougie booted out the BOD?

Sent from Topic'it App
.                          I’m pretty sure he resigned because Rae wouldn’t cooperate with his youth Academy after the Stars farce

24EMBARRASSED! Empty Re: EMBARRASSED! on Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:16 pm

MANGLETON

That rings a bell and the funds were then used to set up the community trust

Sent from Topic'it App

25EMBARRASSED! Empty Re: EMBARRASSED! on Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:32 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
MANGLETON wrote:That rings a bell and the funds were then used to set up the community trust

Sent from Topic'it App

The Community Trust takes handouts from anyone.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum