Talk of the 'Ton
LOGIN HERE
Talk of the 'Ton

GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) Empty JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) on Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:09 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) Morton10

Sport10th October

McAlister hopes Morton are surprise package this season
By Christopher Dodds

Sports reporter

MORTON skipper Jim McAlister says that his tenth season at Cappielow has been a rollercoaster and backed his teammates to come good as the campaign progresses.

The midfielder says the league is throwing up plenty of surprises and he hopes that Morton can continue to produce a few of their own as the first quarter of the campaign comes to an end.

McAlister admits their away form has been a big disappointment but is confident they can turn it around.

He told the Tele: “It’s the way the league is, it’s a rollercoaster – which has made my tenth year special in itself.

“Does it surprise you that Alloa are beating Dundee United? Or Queens going up to Partick Thistle and getting three points? Probably not.

“It throws up results like that all the time, you’re going to go from extreme highs one week to probably extreme lows the next.

“We got used to that last year and it’s all about how you come out the other side of it, but I think that we’ll come good over the season.

“Obviously our away form is widely known to not be good enough, but it’ll come good if our home form stays as consistent.”

McAlister is enjoying playing an integral part in the first-team and believes he has found a new lease of life after being deployed further up the park in a more advanced midfield role.

He hopes that with his new-found freedom he can kick on and have more of an impact to mark a decade at the club in style.

He said: “I’m enjoying having so much involvement. I’ve always said that once you go over that 30 barrier the most important thing is to keep playing as much as possible to keep it in the legs.

“On Saturday I really enjoyed playing a bit further up the park.

“I had a good bit of freedom, I wasn’t ‘holding’ up the pitch like I was for much of last season so it was good to get a bit more involved in the play.

“It was good to go and press and get into the box and it obviously paid off when I got the equaliser.

“We were at home and obviously wanted to go for the win, but if the way you play can trigger a reaction from other players then you’re onto a good thing.

“We set a lot of traps throughout the game, especially when they were stepping in with the ball, so it was good to see that what we’d worked on in training came to fruition.”

http://gmfc1874.forumotion.com

2JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) Empty Re: JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) on Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:08 am

MidTon

MidTon
Limited ability but never stops trying. Wish there were more like him tbh.

3JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) Empty Re: JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) on Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:22 am

baker street

baker street
MidTon wrote:Limited ability but never stops trying. Wish there were more like him tbh.
I suppose you'd say the same about Messi if he was played in goals!

Jimbo was well and truly fucked about under Rae's useless managers (like several other youngsters) yet he still managed to carve out a reasonable career for himself.

4JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) Empty Re: JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) on Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:42 am

Clydeview2

Clydeview2
Rae's useless managers

Four wasted years under Jim the Dim. It could have been SO different. Rolling Eyes

5JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) Empty Re: JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) on Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:47 am

Tomton

Tomton
Well said but it’s actually the better part of 20 wasted years under the Raes and they still have their brown nosed acolytes banging the big drums for them. Why do we bother?

Sent from Topic'it App

6JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) Empty Re: JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) on Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:52 am

weemanTon

weemanTon
Always loved to see Jimbo

Sent from Topic'it App

7JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) Empty Re: JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) on Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:31 am

JCB

JCB
Will never forget seeing the young McAlister for the reserves at right midfield and thought he was a real prospect. Then he ended up on the left courtesy of the same clot who thought Spoonsy was a right back.

8JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) Empty Re: JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) on Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:44 am

houston

houston
Twitter feed asking if he's lost the plot. NAH - he probably got a nice wee bung for the interview!

9JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) Empty Re: JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) on Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:25 pm

cowalton

cowalton
It’s sad to read so much negativity about him. He always gave 100% and still does IMO

Sent from Topic'it App

10JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) Empty Re: JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) on Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:11 pm

theduffer

theduffer
cowalton wrote:It’s sad to read so much negativity about him. He always gave 100% and still does IMO

Sent from Topic'it App
Yes always a grafter and would always be in my squad

Sent from Topic'it App

11JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) Empty Re: JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) on Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:53 pm

TonInDubai

TonInDubai
I used to love watching Jimbo back in those heady early Rae days. May yet get back to see him play again before he finally hangs up those boots. What energy.

12JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) Empty Re: JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) on Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:58 pm

JJB

[quote="TonInDubai"]I used to love watching Jimbo back in those heady early Rae days. May yet get back to see him play again before he finally hangs up those boots. What energy.[/quote
When did you emigrate mate?

13JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) Empty Re: JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) on Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:41 am

SPIKE

MidTon wrote:Limited ability but never stops trying. Wish there were more like him tbh.

Who would drink Glen's Vodka?

As daft as STalin's Whisky!

14JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) Empty Re: JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) on Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:20 am

MidTon

MidTon
SPIKE wrote:

A lot of folk mate. I work for them! Exclamation

For starters we don't make it from scabby Rusky tatties, and in a test run by The Telegraph we beat the lot including Grey Goose and Absolut.

So there! Razz

15JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) Empty Re: JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) on Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:51 am

The Toad

The Toad
MidTon wrote:
SPIKE wrote:

For starters we don't make it from scabby Rusky tatties, and in a test run by The Telegraph we beat the lot including Grey Goose and Absolut.

So there! Razz
Made in Irvine I'm told.

16JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) Empty Re: JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) on Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:19 pm

Blade Runner

Blade Runner
The Toad wrote:
MidTon wrote:
SPIKE wrote:

So there! Razz
Made in Irvine I'm told.

Not quite Irvine, Catrine distillery near Auchinleck.

17JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) Empty Re: JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) on Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:14 pm

MidTon

MidTon
Blade Runner wrote:
The Toad wrote:
MidTon wrote:
SPIKE wrote:

So there! Razz
Made in Irvine I'm told.

Not quite Irvine, Catrine distillery near Auchinleck.
Exactly!

18JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) Empty Re: JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) on Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:38 pm

Jonathan Jones

Jonathan Jones
MidTon wrote:
SPIKE wrote:

So there! Razz

scabby Rusky tatties lol!

19JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) Empty Re: JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) on Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:07 am

SPIKE

Not even scabby Ayrshire tatties.

20JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) Empty Re: JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) on Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:34 pm

MidTon

MidTon
SPIKE wrote:Not even scabby Ayrshire tatties.
Correct - sugar beet

Sent from Topic'it App

21JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) Empty Re: JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) on Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:08 pm

TonInDubai

TonInDubai
JJB wrote:
TonInDubai wrote:I used to love watching Jimbo back in those heady early Rae days. May yet get back to see him play again before he finally hangs up those boots. What energy.[/quote
When did you emigrate mate?
Sorry - just caught you - we've been over here for almost five years but were in London for the better part of ten before that.

22JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) Empty Re: JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) on Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:24 am

willyTon

willyTon
weemanTon wrote:Always loved to see Jimbo

Sent from Topic'it App
Just watched that podcast weeman and it brought back good memories.

23JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) Empty Re: JIMBO (FROM THE GREENOCK TELEGRAPH) on Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:51 am

weemanTon

weemanTon
willyTon wrote:
weemanTon wrote:Always loved to see Jimbo

Sent from Topic'it App
Just watched that podcast weeman and it brought back good memories.
Seen it last night Bill - thought it was never going to finish but enjoyed! bounce

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum