Talk of the 'Ton
LOGIN HERE
Talk of the 'Ton

GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'SACK THE BOARD'.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26'SACK THE BOARD'. - Page 2 Empty Re: 'SACK THE BOARD'. on Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:18 pm

stalkton

stalkton
houston wrote:
baker street wrote:How much do those people think it costs to take two adults and two children all the way from Glasgow to Dundee and back, and pay in and buy food and refreshments, only to be served up that unacceptable rubbish? What right does Mr Rae think he has to hang onto the Club if he won't fund it properly? MCT should NEVER have been needed in the first place and now looks like a joke in very bad taste - and YES - I'm going to put my name to this.

Willie ('Sherlock') Holmes.
Well said Sir! It's all very well for the hard core lads who travel (and get a wee drink) on the supporters' buses etc., but the Club is frightening away families I.M.O. An afternoon at the cinema is far more attractive than the stuff we're being asked to watch.
funny we were discussing exactly that in the Willow the other week. When Douglas Rae started and we were getting 3.000 crowds there was a lot of family interest. Now it's down to the hard core that go out of habit/for a piss up/to get away from the missus etc.

27'SACK THE BOARD'. - Page 2 Empty Re: 'SACK THE BOARD'. on Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:37 am

nickr

nickr
stalkton wrote:
houston wrote:
baker street wrote:How much do those people think it costs to take two adults and two children all the way from Glasgow to Dundee and back, and pay in and buy food and refreshments, only to be served up that unacceptable rubbish? What right does Mr Rae think he has to hang onto the Club if he won't fund it properly? MCT should NEVER have been needed in the first place and now looks like a joke in very bad taste - and YES - I'm going to put my name to this.

Well said Sir! It's all very well for the hard core lads who travel (and get a wee drink) on the supporters' buses etc., but the Club is frightening away families I.M.O. An afternoon at the cinema is far more attractive than the stuff we're being asked to watch.
funny we were discussing exactly that in the Willow the other week. When Douglas Rae started and we were getting 3.000 crowds there was a lot of family interest. Now it's down to the hard core that go out of habit/for a piss up/to get away from the missus etc.
Yes I remember the feeling good back then. We really thought the Scott days were well and truly gone. Wish Crawford would take a hard look at himself as his Dad turns over in his grave! Crying or Very sad

28'SACK THE BOARD'. - Page 2 Empty Re: 'SACK THE BOARD'. on Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:03 am

erskine

erskine
nickr wrote:
stalkton wrote:
houston wrote:

Yes I remember the feeling good back then. We really thought the Scott days were well and truly gone. Wish Crawford would take a hard look at himself as his Dad turns over in his grave! Crying or Very sad
Very much so. Mr. Rae senior was a genuine 'Ton fan along with Arthur. His son seems to be doing everything he can to undo any good that was done.

29'SACK THE BOARD'. - Page 2 Empty Re: 'SACK THE BOARD'. on Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:59 am

everTon

erskine wrote:
nickr wrote:
stalkton wrote:
houston wrote:

Very much so. Mr. Rae senior was a genuine 'Ton fan along with Arthur. His son seems to be doing everything he can to undo any good that was done.
If Dougie hadn't thrown money away instead of employing football folk to run the club we wouldn't be in the mess we're in. I feel sorry for Crawford. The Raes are a big name in the town and he has to put a face on things.

30'SACK THE BOARD'. - Page 2 Empty Re: 'SACK THE BOARD'. on Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:36 pm

stuarton

stuarton
everTon wrote:
erskine wrote:
nickr wrote:
stalkton wrote:
houston wrote:

If Dougie hadn't thrown money away instead of employing football folk to run the club we wouldn't be in the mess we're in. I feel sorry for Crawford. The Raes are a big name in the town and he has to put a face on things.
Your spot on.

31'SACK THE BOARD'. - Page 2 Empty Re: 'SACK THE BOARD'. on Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:21 pm

BarrTon

BarrTon
everTon wrote:
erskine wrote:
nickr wrote:
stalkton wrote:
houston wrote:

Either that or sell the Club for a realistic price instead of waiting for his dream buyer!

32'SACK THE BOARD'. - Page 2 Empty Re: 'SACK THE BOARD'. on Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:07 pm

eraser

eraser
erskine wrote:
nickr wrote:
stalkton wrote:
houston wrote:

The brown nose brigade don't help though. Club is fucked until he does one.

33'SACK THE BOARD'. - Page 2 Empty Re: 'SACK THE BOARD'. on Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:25 am

TonInDubai

TonInDubai
eraser wrote:
erskine wrote:
nickr wrote:
stalkton wrote:
houston wrote:

The brown nose brigade don't help though. Club is fucked until he does one.
That's not very polite but as accurate as you'll get!

Maybe it's more clear here from a distance but all I can see is a poor little rich kid lumbered with a Club he only ever 'supported' to keep in with his father and muddle headed about how to offload it now that he's got to pick up the tab.

34'SACK THE BOARD'. - Page 2 Empty Re: 'SACK THE BOARD'. on Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:57 am

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
Assuming that MCT get GC to wipe the debt, eventually. What do the Raes then expect to get for the club? That's clearly why they haven't already walked away.

I said a few years ago that the only way they'd make money from the club was to walk away then. Losing around £300k each year since then, I couldn't have been more right.

35'SACK THE BOARD'. - Page 2 Empty Re: 'SACK THE BOARD'. on Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:33 am

Tomton

Tomton
Quick Draw wrote:Assuming that MCT get GC to wipe the debt, eventually. What do the Raes then expect to get for the club? That's clearly why they haven't already walked away.

I said a few years ago that the only way they'd make money from the club was to walk away then. Losing around £300k each year since then, I couldn't have been more right.

Who's a clever boy then! Razz

In the fifteen or so years when Douglas Rae (actively) controlled the Club there were several rumours of offers being made and of none matching up to his expectations. At the end of the day, the Club is worth only what someone is prepared to pay.

If Crawford Rae cannot get his head around the 'cutting your losses' ethos, we'll continue to sink lower. MCT is just pissing into the wind!

36'SACK THE BOARD'. - Page 2 Empty Re: 'SACK THE BOARD'. on Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:48 am

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
Tomton wrote:
Quick Draw wrote:Assuming that MCT get GC to wipe the debt, eventually. What do the Raes then expect to get for the club? That's clearly why they haven't already walked away.

Who's a clever boy then! Razz

In the fifteen or so years when Douglas Rae (actively) controlled the Club there were several rumours of offers being made and of none matching up to his expectations. At the end of the day, the Club is worth only what someone is prepared to pay.

If Crawford Rae cannot get his head around the 'cutting your losses' ethos, we'll continue to sink lower. MCT is just pissing into the wind!

Douglas Rae always said that he'd only want back what he bought the club for. If my memory is correct, that was around £350k.

Now that they have stated they would wipe the debt, does that mean they'd only be looking for the £350k back, probably £500k in today's money?

37'SACK THE BOARD'. - Page 2 Empty Re: 'SACK THE BOARD'. on Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:08 am

Tomton

Tomton
Douglas Rae always said that he'd only want back what he bought the club for.

Dougie contradicted himself many times over the years. I vividly remember a tabloid interview on the morning of the away game at Starks Park when his beloved Jim McInally secured promotion by default! He claimed that 'As long as there was breath in his body Greenock Morton was not for sale'.

Later he claimed more than once that 'There had been offers' which clearly did not come up to expectation.

There is NO debt, except in the convenient minds of conniving accountants, as the Rae family IS Golden Casket and vice versa, nor are there unnamed shareholders twisting CR's arm behind his back.... BUT the brain dead pond life of Inverclyde who continue to perpetuate those myths are as guilty as the Rae family of the ongoing destruction of our beloved club.

38'SACK THE BOARD'. - Page 2 Empty Re: 'SACK THE BOARD'. on Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:33 am

lowndes

stalkton wrote:
houston wrote:

Used to bike it from Dysart to Cappielow and back for every home game in those days and would still if it was worth it!. There must be hundreds of folk like me.

39'SACK THE BOARD'. - Page 2 Empty Re: 'SACK THE BOARD'. on Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:50 am

Alf Hucker

Alf Hucker
cumbraeTon wrote:Seen this tweeted yesterday but how can you when Crawford Rae holds all the aces?

What get's my goat is all the lies about a quality squad getting built with extra cash and if we scrape three points next time the telly and MCT and the club twitter will be full blast again. Sick of us fans getting treated like shit tbh.

Bang on mate. One minute we're getting told that Rae isn't allowed to spend so we're in financial soapy bubble then this MCT crowd ride into town and we're world beaters. It's the constant lies and bummin' their loads every time we scrape a win over other crap that does my nut in.

Surely theres something better out there? FFS we're not exactly East Stirling or Stranraer. Evil or Very Mad

40'SACK THE BOARD'. - Page 2 Empty Re: 'SACK THE BOARD'. on Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:11 pm

peejay

peejay
Alf Hucker wrote:
cumbraeTon wrote:Seen this tweeted yesterday but how can you when Crawford Rae holds all the aces?

What get's my goat is all the lies about a quality squad getting built with extra cash and if we scrape three points next time the telly and MCT and the club twitter will be full blast again. Sick of us fans getting treated like shit tbh.

Bang on mate. One minute we're getting told that Rae isn't allowed to spend so we're in financial soapy bubble then this MCT crowd ride into town and we're world beaters. It's the constant lies and bummin' their loads every time we scrape a win over other crap that does my nut in.

Surely theres something better out there? FFS we're not exactly East Stirling or Stranraer. Evil or Very Mad

There's always the Easdales. It frightens some because of their Rangers connection but at the end of the day the Club has historically been presided over by local businessmen and that's not uncommon for provincial clubs.

Golden Casket has taken the Club as far as it's willing to go. It's definitely time for change.

41'SACK THE BOARD'. - Page 2 Empty Re: 'SACK THE BOARD'. on Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:30 am

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
peejay wrote:
Alf Hucker wrote:

There's always the Easdales. It frightens some because of their Rangers connection but at the end of the day the Club has historically been presided over by local businessmen and that's not uncommon for provincial clubs.

Golden Casket has taken the Club as far as it's willing to go. It's definitely time for change.

I'm not even sure the Easdales would make much of a difference. They already have their feet under the table and the club is being run into the ground. Any new owner must completely clear out all the deadwood and bring in their own people. I don't think the Easdales would be ruthless enough to do that, simply because they are already there.

42'SACK THE BOARD'. - Page 2 Empty Re: 'SACK THE BOARD'. on Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:04 pm

TonInDubai

TonInDubai
Johnny Bravo wrote:
peejay wrote:
Alf Hucker wrote:

I'm not even sure the Easdales would make much of a difference. They already have their feet under the table and the club is being run into the ground. Any new owner must completely clear out all the deadwood and bring in their own people. I don't think the Easdales would be ruthless enough to do that, simply because they are already there.
Opinions eh. My view is that they are just biding their time!

43'SACK THE BOARD'. - Page 2 Empty Re: 'SACK THE BOARD'. on Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:10 pm

baker street

baker street
Johnny Bravo wrote:
peejay wrote:
Alf Hucker wrote:

I don't think the Easdales would be ruthless enough affraid

44'SACK THE BOARD'. - Page 2 Empty Re: 'SACK THE BOARD'. on Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:53 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
baker street wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
peejay wrote:
Alf Hucker wrote:

I don't think the Easdales would be ruthless enough  affraid

I stand by that mate. The big bad Easdales is a pretty much unsupported tale. Even if there was any truth to it, all the 'bad' stuff was from years ago. They delegate nowadays, I'd hardly expect them to get their hands dirty at all.

45'SACK THE BOARD'. - Page 2 Empty Re: 'SACK THE BOARD'. on Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:47 pm

richton

Johnny Bravo wrote:
baker street wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
peejay wrote:
Alf Hucker wrote:

I stand by that mate. The big bad Easdales is a pretty much unsupported tale. Even if there was any truth to it, all the 'bad' stuff was from years ago. They delegate nowadays, I'd hardly expect them to get their hands dirty at all.

Clean hands and ruthless!

46'SACK THE BOARD'. - Page 2 Empty Re: 'SACK THE BOARD'. on Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:23 pm

feeney

feeney
richton wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
baker street wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
peejay wrote:
Alf Hucker wrote:

Clean hands and ruthless!
Pyromaniacs you mean! cheers

47'SACK THE BOARD'. - Page 2 Empty Re: 'SACK THE BOARD'. on Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:09 pm

stalkton

stalkton
Fire the board 😂

Sent from Topic'it App

48'SACK THE BOARD'. - Page 2 Empty Re: 'SACK THE BOARD'. on Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:39 pm

Blade Runner

Blade Runner
stalkton wrote:Fire the board 😂

Sent from Topic'it App

Firing squad?

49'SACK THE BOARD'. - Page 2 Empty Re: 'SACK THE BOARD'. on Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:01 pm

weemanTon

weemanTon
Blade Runner wrote:

Sent from Topic'it App

Firing squad?
Petrol and a box of matches!

50'SACK THE BOARD'. - Page 2 Empty Re: 'SACK THE BOARD'. on Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:49 pm

LadyHail

LadyHail
weemanTon wrote:
Blade Runner wrote:

Sent from Topic'it App

Firing squad?
Petrol and a box of matches!
Your very funny wee man! 🐰

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next