Talk of the 'Ton
LOGIN HERE
Talk of the 'Ton

GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Motherwell v Morton

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Motherwell v Morton Empty Motherwell v Morton on Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:48 pm

I wouldn't have made the game due to work so glad that it's on the telly, I'll only miss the first ten minutes.

A tough ask for the boys but Tuesday's game must have them filled with confidence. You just never know in the cup but sneaking it to penalties would be a very good result.

View user profile

2Motherwell v Morton Empty Re: Motherwell v Morton on Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:16 am

There was Dumbarton and now there’s The Well. This must surely be Hoppy’s first real test. I’m not very confident.

Sent from Topic'it App

View user profile

3Motherwell v Morton Empty Re: Motherwell v Morton on Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:28 am

Agreed - tonight's the first real test. Nobody can dispute Hoppy's success with Livi but can he really walk on water?

View user profile

4Motherwell v Morton Empty Re: Motherwell v Morton on Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:11 pm

Hope this is on in the pub!

View user profile

5Motherwell v Morton Empty Re: Motherwell v Morton on Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:46 pm

I guess that's just your luck depending on where you drink.

View user profile

6Motherwell v Morton Empty Re: Motherwell v Morton on Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:42 pm

Motherwell v Morton Vmothe10

View user profile

7Motherwell v Morton Empty Re: Motherwell v Morton on Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:52 pm

Quite good - so far and Sutton's a pest to them. Only half time mind!

View user profile

8Motherwell v Morton Empty Re: Motherwell v Morton on Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:10 pm

Oh - dear bit of a mix up in defence there!

View user profile

9Motherwell v Morton Empty Re: Motherwell v Morton on Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:20 pm

They're showing us up a bit now!

View user profile

10Motherwell v Morton Empty Re: Motherwell v Morton on Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:24 pm

OH dear!

View user profile

11Motherwell v Morton Empty Re: Motherwell v Morton on Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:36 pm

Hoppy has a LOT to do but in fairness the boys kept their noses to the grindstone.

View user profile

12Motherwell v Morton Empty Re: Motherwell v Morton on Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:14 pm

This squad just isn't good enough to mount a challenge for promotion. I guess you pay peanuts and recruit monkeys!

View user profile

13Motherwell v Morton Empty Re: Motherwell v Morton on Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:42 pm

Well that was pretty crap!

View user profile

14Motherwell v Morton Empty Re: Motherwell v Morton on Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:59 am

JCB wrote:This squad just isn't good enough to mount a challenge for promotion. I guess you pay peanuts and recruit monkeys!

That's the nub of it. We have a club owner who doesn't want to spend. End of story so far as I'm concerned.

View user profile

15Motherwell v Morton Empty Re: Motherwell v Morton on Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:33 pm

Disappointing result but it's clear that this squad is miles ahead of the last seasons team. Motherwell killed us with their speed out wide but we didn't help ourselves either. Goalkeeper needs to improve his handling and Hoppy needs to have a good look at making sure the players know exactly what they're meant to be doing.

We should bounce back against Annan on Tuesday and the Queens game will determine whether we progress in the cup.

View user profile

16Motherwell v Morton Empty Re: Motherwell v Morton on Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:39 pm

Johnny Bravo wrote:Disappointing result but it's clear that this squad is miles ahead of the last seasons team. Motherwell killed us with their speed out wide but we didn't help ourselves either. Goalkeeper needs to improve his handling and Hoppy needs to have a good look at making sure the players know exactly what they're meant to be doing.

We should bounce back against Annan on Tuesday and the Queens game will determine whether we progress in the cup.

I disagree about this squad being 'miles ahead'.

It's just another hotch potch of jobbers and has-beens cobbled together because Rae refuses to open his purse strings BUT what's different is that we have a manager with proven success at Championship level. Maybe they'll surprise everybody!

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum