Talk of the 'Ton
LOGIN HERE
Talk of the 'Ton

GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Morton Club Together.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

76Morton Club Together. - Page 4 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:52 pm

JCB

JCB
That's not a sign of a runaway success. I wonder if the honeymoon is already over.

77Morton Club Together. - Page 4 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:48 pm

theduffer

theduffer
If the Club makes a couple of decent signings soon and it's made clear that MCT money paid for them, they'll probably kick on from there. Bit of a limbo just now I think.

78Morton Club Together. - Page 4 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:54 pm

stalkton

stalkton
Rae's had his buckshee cash injection. Don't expect anything soon! Suspect

79Morton Club Together. - Page 4 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:31 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
theduffer wrote:If the Club makes a couple of decent signings soon and it's made clear that MCT money paid for them, they'll probably kick on from there. Bit of a limbo just now I think.

I'd like to think that MCT will possibly sponsor any player who is brought in with their money. It shows intend and would probably encourage more to sign up.

80Morton Club Together. - Page 4 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:52 pm

PLEDGERTON

PLEDGERTON
Quick Draw wrote:
theduffer wrote:If the Club makes a couple of decent signings soon and it's made clear that MCT money paid for them, they'll probably kick on from there. Bit of a limbo just now I think.

I'd like to think that MCT will possibly sponsor any player who is brought in with their money. It shows intend and would probably encourage more to sign up.
I believe that's been discussed informally.

81Morton Club Together. - Page 4 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:56 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
Good to hear that PT.

82Morton Club Together. - Page 4 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:50 pm

JCB

JCB
Been told that a signing is imminent. Fingers crossed.

83Morton Club Together. - Page 4 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:09 am

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
It doesn't look like the club have allowed one of the MCT guy's onto the board of directors after all. That was one of their big demands right from the start.

84Morton Club Together. - Page 4 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:19 am

toddyton

toddyton
Quick Draw wrote:It doesn't look like the club have allowed one of the MCT guy's onto the board of directors after all. That was one of their big demands right from the start.
It wouldn't make any difference. Dougie pled for friends while pissing all over the fans and their two appointed directors. His son has taken the farce to a new level by accepting charity from said fans while still pissing all over them. The MCT money will hopefully be used honestly to bolster the squad but don't kid yourself that anybody will be able to check that out.

85Morton Club Together. - Page 4 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:30 am

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
If I'm not mistaken, the idea of the director on the board was to be able to keep an eye on whether the MCT money was being used after the budget had been exhausted.

86Morton Club Together. - Page 4 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:38 am

RSlicker

RSlicker
Quick Draw wrote:If I'm not mistaken, the idea of the director on the board was to be able to keep an eye on whether the MCT money was being used after the budget had been exhausted.
Whether you trust him or not Mr Rae is still the boss.

87Morton Club Together. - Page 4 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:27 am

hoppyton

hoppyton
RSlicker wrote:
Quick Draw wrote:If I'm not mistaken, the idea of the director on the board was to be able to keep an eye on whether the MCT money was being used after the budget had been exhausted.
Nothing like stating the bloody obvious!

88Morton Club Together. - Page 4 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:22 pm

PLEDGERTON

PLEDGERTON
RSlicker wrote:
That's not what he says. Apparently he gets told what to do at Golden Casket and isn't allowed to spend like his father.

89Morton Club Together. - Page 4 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:29 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
People always get this wrong.

Crawford Rae does not own Morton.

90Morton Club Together. - Page 4 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:42 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
Quick Draw wrote:It doesn't look like the club have allowed one of the MCT guy's onto the board of directors after all. That was one of their big demands right from the start.

I stand corrected. Noticed this on Facebook this afternoon.

Morton Club Together. - Page 4 Mctboa10

91Morton Club Together. - Page 4 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:49 pm

weemanTon

weemanTon
Quick Draw wrote:

Seen that too mate. Wonder who.

92Morton Club Together. - Page 4 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:45 pm

Delton

Delton
weemanTon wrote:
Quick Draw wrote:

Seen that too mate. Wonder who.
Bound to be the Graham guy surely. He's done all the hard work.

93Morton Club Together. - Page 4 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:52 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
I think it might be the other MCT director Del.

Graham seems a nice bloke but I don't think he offers anything they don't already have. The other MCT guy, Gordon Ritchie, is a Lawyer. The GMFC board don't have a legal guy on board as far as I'm aware.

94Morton Club Together. - Page 4 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:59 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
Quick Draw wrote:I think it might be the other MCT director Del.

Graham seems a nice bloke but I don't think he offers anything they don't already have. The other MCT guy, Gordon Ritchie, is a Lawyer. The GMFC board don't have a legal guy on board as far as I'm aware.

That makes sense QD. I like the guy Gordon Ritchie, he wears funny ties. Laughing

95Morton Club Together. - Page 4 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:39 pm

toddyton

toddyton

That's correct. They had a very well qualified lawyer on board but she jumped ship when Mr. Robinson was appointed.

96Morton Club Together. - Page 4 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:01 am

Tomton

Tomton
toddyton wrote:

That's correct. They had a very well qualified lawyer on board but she jumped ship when Mr. Robinson was appointed.
Yes - Alison Bryce was well thought of at the Club, but when Robinson appeared she was off. Nobody seemed to notice at the time.

97Morton Club Together. - Page 4 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:21 am

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
The club never really has announced backroom changes. I've always had the impression that they look at it like it's none of our business.

98Morton Club Together. - Page 4 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:00 am

RSlicker

RSlicker
Quick Draw wrote:The club never really has announced backroom changes. I've always had the impression that they look at it like it's none of our business.
Just as it should be!

99Morton Club Together. - Page 4 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:18 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
RSlicker wrote:
Quick Draw wrote:The club never really has announced backroom changes. I've always had the impression that they look at it like it's none of our business.
Just as it should be!

Rubbish. A football club belongs to the fans, no matter who's name is above the door.

100Morton Club Together. - Page 4 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:29 pm

weemanTon

weemanTon
Johnny Bravo wrote:
RSlicker wrote:
Just as it should be!

Rubbish. A football club belongs to the fans, no matter who's name is above the door.
Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum