Talk of the 'Ton
LOGIN HERE
Talk of the 'Ton

GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Morton Club Together.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:01 pm

weemanTon wrote:whose the first three?

No idea. It doesn't need to be three, could be any number that adds up to £6k a month.

View user profile

27Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:06 pm

You said ANOTHER three quality players matey. Who are the quality players already signed?

View user profile

28Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:07 pm

weemanTon wrote:You said ANOTHER three quality players matey. Who are the quality players already signed?

Haha. You got me there weeman. Very Happy

View user profile

29Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:12 pm

Quick Draw wrote:
weemanTon wrote:You said ANOTHER three quality players matey. Who are the quality players already signed?

Haha. You got me there weeman. Very Happy
Cool

View user profile

30Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:22 am

Quick Draw wrote:

No idea. It doesn't need to be three, could be any number that adds up to £6k a month.

Well done to the guys who have put their money in. We seem to need a quality goalie pronto. Get it done Hoppy!

View user profile

31Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:25 pm

theduffer wrote:
Quick Draw wrote:

Well done to the guys who have put their money in. We seem to need a quality goalie pronto. Get it done Hoppy!

Will be very disappointed if we don't see  at least one good signing now. We're guaranteed the money will go to the playing squad.

View user profile

32Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:41 pm

Yes that’s going to be the big lie detector test! If pledgers don’t see something for their money the direct debits will start getting cancelled.

Sent from Topic'it App

View user profile

33Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:41 am

Tomton wrote:Yes that’s going to be the big lie detector test! If pledgers don’t see something for their money the direct debits will start getting cancelled.

Sent from Topic'it App

Lie detector test Laughing You surely don't think anyone would tell lies at board level!

View user profile

34Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:55 pm

I'd be more surprised if anyone at board level told the truth.

View user profile

35Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:11 pm

Johnny Bravo wrote:I'd be more surprised if anyone at board level told the truth.

I think they do from time to time.

View user profile

36Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:37 pm

Wylie wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:I'd be more surprised if anyone at board level told the truth.

I think they do from time to time.
Just what tonton said. We've been given guarantees by Mr. Rae but we can pull out if he rats on us.

View user profile

37Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:55 pm

I've pledged but I'll only set up a direct debit once more signings come in. I know that goes against what the scheme is all about but that's where I am at the moment with it for now.

I hope it's a success but I really can't see how that can happen without real action from Crawford Rae. Talk is cheap.

View user profile

38Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:01 am

Johnny Bravo wrote:I've pledged but I'll only set up a direct debit once more signings come in. I know that goes against what the scheme is all about but that's where I am at the moment with it for now.

I hope it's a success but I really can't see how that can happen without real action from Crawford Rae. Talk is cheap.

I'm doing it the other way around Johnny. I've set up the direct debit but if no substantial signings appear before the window closes, I'll be out.

View user profile

39Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:50 am

I'm confused by the whole scenario. A couple of months ago Mr. Rae stated very clearly that if things went favourably, he'd RECOMMEND to the 'controlling' shareholders at Golden Casket that the debt be written off - presumably the same controlling shareholders who forced him to bin his 'Three year plan'.

Now that MCT is up and running (the first payment is to be made tomorrow I believe) The Greenock Telegraph is parading Mr. Rae as a philanthropic hero who is going to scrub that debt all by himself.

It's going to be a VERY interesting few months!

View user profile

40Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:35 am

I'm doing my best and I'm in for well over £10 a month. Easy to knock folk down. Let's see how the signings go first.

View user profile

41Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:27 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
Apparently all the active accounts have had the first instalment debited. I'm no mathematician but I reckon that's something like £8k a month added to player wages pool - not counting closed season.

SURELY we'll see significant signings very soon!

View user profile http://gmfc1874.forumotion.com

42Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:09 pm

Admin wrote:Apparently all the active accounts have had the first instalment debited. I'm no mathematician but I reckon that's something like £8k a month added to player wages pool - not counting closed season.

We simply must have new signings or the MCT scheme has failed. I'm guessing there might be excess funds that will be carried over to the January window but I'm unsure how they plan on distinguishing whether the January signings are financed by MCT money or the club. You'd think first and foremost it would be club money but it's near impossible to know if the club were to pull a fast one or not.

View user profile

43Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:32 pm

Quick Draw wrote:
Admin wrote:Apparently all the active accounts have had the first instalment debited. I'm no mathematician but I reckon that's something like £8k a month added to player wages pool - not counting closed season.

We simply must have new signings or the MCT scheme has failed. I'm guessing there might be excess funds that will be carried over to the January window but I'm unsure how they plan on distinguishing whether the January signings are financed by MCT money or the club. You'd think first and foremost it would be club money but it's near impossible to know if the club were to pull a fast one or not.

I think we're all worried about that last bit but what matters most is to see the squad clearly strengthened.

View user profile

44Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:41 am

No new signings yet, although maybe a bit early for the MCT money still

There was talk last week of an Armstrong from Motherwell and a defender from Hull. I wonder if they meet the 'MCT money will improve the team' standard.

View user profile

45Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:43 pm

Johnny Bravo wrote:No new signings yet, although maybe a bit early for the MCT money still

There was talk last week of an Armstrong from Motherwell and a defender from Hull. I wonder if they meet the 'MCT money will improve the team' standard.

The board's got MCT looking over it shoulder. Might do no harm in the long run if we get found out at ayr..

View user profile

46Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:29 pm

weemanTon wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:No new signings yet, although maybe a bit early for the MCT money still

The board's got MCT looking over it shoulder. Might do no harm in the long run if we get found out at ayr..

Sure did wee man. That was disgusting. Rae's got our money and he better do something pronto or I can see a huge cancellation of those debits.

View user profile

47Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:34 pm

If there's nobody new in by the Alloa game next week it's going to start looking as if the fans have been taken for a ride again.

View user profile

48Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:13 pm

Quick Draw wrote:If there's nobody new in by the Alloa game next week it's going to start looking as if the fans have been taken for a ride again.
Absolutely QD. It's obvious Rae has slashed the budget. If the MCT lads don't see clear signs of intent they'll do the same and we'll be languishing in the seaside leagues in no time.

View user profile

49Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:29 pm

JCB wrote:Absolutely QD. It's obvious Rae has slashed the budget. If the MCT lads don't see clear signs of intent they'll do the same and we'll be languishing in the seaside leagues in no time.

The thing about MCT is that it's a one member one vote organisation, or so they say. It'll be the members who decide what happens to their money, not the Leadership Team.

Well, that's what should happen.

View user profile

50Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:44 pm

Quick Draw wrote:
JCB wrote:Absolutely QD. It's obvious Rae has slashed the budget. If the MCT lads don't see clear signs of intent they'll do the same and we'll be languishing in the seaside leagues in no time.

The thing about MCT is that it's a one member one vote organisation, or so they say. It'll be the members who decide what happens to their money, not the Leadership Team.

Well, that's what should happen.

One member one vote like the Trust. Once bitten twice shy mate!

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum