Talk of the 'Ton
LOGIN HERE
Talk of the 'Ton

GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Morton Club Together.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

26Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun 28 Jul 2019 - 23:01

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
weemanTon wrote:whose the first three?

No idea. It doesn't need to be three, could be any number that adds up to £6k a month.

27Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun 28 Jul 2019 - 23:06

weemanTon

weemanTon
You said ANOTHER three quality players matey. Who are the quality players already signed?

28Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun 28 Jul 2019 - 23:07

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
weemanTon wrote:You said ANOTHER three quality players matey. Who are the quality players already signed?

Haha. You got me there weeman. Very Happy

29Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun 28 Jul 2019 - 23:12

weemanTon

weemanTon
Quick Draw wrote:
weemanTon wrote:You said ANOTHER three quality players matey. Who are the quality players already signed?

Haha. You got me there weeman. Very Happy
Cool

30Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Mon 29 Jul 2019 - 8:22

theduffer

theduffer
Quick Draw wrote:

No idea. It doesn't need to be three, could be any number that adds up to £6k a month.

Well done to the guys who have put their money in. We seem to need a quality goalie pronto. Get it done Hoppy!

31Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Mon 29 Jul 2019 - 18:25

PLEDGERTON

PLEDGERTON
theduffer wrote:
Quick Draw wrote:

Well done to the guys who have put their money in. We seem to need a quality goalie pronto. Get it done Hoppy!

Will be very disappointed if we don't see  at least one good signing now. We're guaranteed the money will go to the playing squad.

32Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Mon 29 Jul 2019 - 23:41

Tomton

Tomton
Yes that’s going to be the big lie detector test! If pledgers don’t see something for their money the direct debits will start getting cancelled.

Sent from Topic'it App

33Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Tue 30 Jul 2019 - 6:41

big sandy

big sandy
Tomton wrote:Yes that’s going to be the big lie detector test! If pledgers don’t see something for their money the direct debits will start getting cancelled.

Sent from Topic'it App

Lie detector test Laughing You surely don't think anyone would tell lies at board level!

34Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Tue 30 Jul 2019 - 14:55

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
I'd be more surprised if anyone at board level told the truth.

35Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Tue 30 Jul 2019 - 16:11

Wylie

Wylie
Johnny Bravo wrote:I'd be more surprised if anyone at board level told the truth.

I think they do from time to time.

36Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Tue 30 Jul 2019 - 20:37

PLEDGERTON

PLEDGERTON
Wylie wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:I'd be more surprised if anyone at board level told the truth.

I think they do from time to time.
Just what tonton said. We've been given guarantees by Mr. Rae but we can pull out if he rats on us.

37Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Tue 30 Jul 2019 - 23:55

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
I've pledged but I'll only set up a direct debit once more signings come in. I know that goes against what the scheme is all about but that's where I am at the moment with it for now.

I hope it's a success but I really can't see how that can happen without real action from Crawford Rae. Talk is cheap.

38Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Wed 31 Jul 2019 - 0:01

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
Johnny Bravo wrote:I've pledged but I'll only set up a direct debit once more signings come in. I know that goes against what the scheme is all about but that's where I am at the moment with it for now.

I hope it's a success but I really can't see how that can happen without real action from Crawford Rae. Talk is cheap.

I'm doing it the other way around Johnny. I've set up the direct debit but if no substantial signings appear before the window closes, I'll be out.

39Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Wed 31 Jul 2019 - 6:50

JCB

JCB

I'm confused by the whole scenario. A couple of months ago Mr. Rae stated very clearly that if things went favourably, he'd RECOMMEND to the 'controlling' shareholders at Golden Casket that the debt be written off - presumably the same controlling shareholders who forced him to bin his 'Three year plan'.

Now that MCT is up and running (the first payment is to be made tomorrow I believe) The Greenock Telegraph is parading Mr. Rae as a philanthropic hero who is going to scrub that debt all by himself.

It's going to be a VERY interesting few months!

40Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Wed 31 Jul 2019 - 7:35

PLEDGERTON

PLEDGERTON
I'm doing my best and I'm in for well over £10 a month. Easy to knock folk down. Let's see how the signings go first.

41Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Fri 2 Aug 2019 - 10:27

Admin

Admin
Admin
Apparently all the active accounts have had the first instalment debited. I'm no mathematician but I reckon that's something like £8k a month added to player wages pool - not counting closed season.

SURELY we'll see significant signings very soon!

http://gmfc1874.forumotion.com

42Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Fri 2 Aug 2019 - 20:09

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
Admin wrote:Apparently all the active accounts have had the first instalment debited. I'm no mathematician but I reckon that's something like £8k a month added to player wages pool - not counting closed season.

We simply must have new signings or the MCT scheme has failed. I'm guessing there might be excess funds that will be carried over to the January window but I'm unsure how they plan on distinguishing whether the January signings are financed by MCT money or the club. You'd think first and foremost it would be club money but it's near impossible to know if the club were to pull a fast one or not.

43Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Fri 2 Aug 2019 - 21:32

PLEDGERTON

PLEDGERTON
Quick Draw wrote:
Admin wrote:Apparently all the active accounts have had the first instalment debited. I'm no mathematician but I reckon that's something like £8k a month added to player wages pool - not counting closed season.

We simply must have new signings or the MCT scheme has failed. I'm guessing there might be excess funds that will be carried over to the January window but I'm unsure how they plan on distinguishing whether the January signings are financed by MCT money or the club. You'd think first and foremost it would be club money but it's near impossible to know if the club were to pull a fast one or not.

I think we're all worried about that last bit but what matters most is to see the squad clearly strengthened.

44Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sat 3 Aug 2019 - 11:41

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
No new signings yet, although maybe a bit early for the MCT money still

There was talk last week of an Armstrong from Motherwell and a defender from Hull. I wonder if they meet the 'MCT money will improve the team' standard.

45Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sat 3 Aug 2019 - 12:43

weemanTon

weemanTon
Johnny Bravo wrote:No new signings yet, although maybe a bit early for the MCT money still

There was talk last week of an Armstrong from Motherwell and a defender from Hull. I wonder if they meet the 'MCT money will improve the team' standard.

The board's got MCT looking over it shoulder. Might do no harm in the long run if we get found out at ayr..

46Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sat 3 Aug 2019 - 18:29

PLEDGERTON

PLEDGERTON
weemanTon wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:No new signings yet, although maybe a bit early for the MCT money still

The board's got MCT looking over it shoulder. Might do no harm in the long run if we get found out at ayr..

Sure did wee man. That was disgusting. Rae's got our money and he better do something pronto or I can see a huge cancellation of those debits.

47Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sat 3 Aug 2019 - 18:34

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
If there's nobody new in by the Alloa game next week it's going to start looking as if the fans have been taken for a ride again.

48Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sat 3 Aug 2019 - 19:13

JCB

JCB
Quick Draw wrote:If there's nobody new in by the Alloa game next week it's going to start looking as if the fans have been taken for a ride again.
Absolutely QD. It's obvious Rae has slashed the budget. If the MCT lads don't see clear signs of intent they'll do the same and we'll be languishing in the seaside leagues in no time.

49Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sat 3 Aug 2019 - 19:29

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
JCB wrote:Absolutely QD. It's obvious Rae has slashed the budget. If the MCT lads don't see clear signs of intent they'll do the same and we'll be languishing in the seaside leagues in no time.

The thing about MCT is that it's a one member one vote organisation, or so they say. It'll be the members who decide what happens to their money, not the Leadership Team.

Well, that's what should happen.

50Morton Club Together. - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sat 3 Aug 2019 - 19:44

Wylie

Wylie
Quick Draw wrote:
JCB wrote:Absolutely QD. It's obvious Rae has slashed the budget. If the MCT lads don't see clear signs of intent they'll do the same and we'll be languishing in the seaside leagues in no time.

The thing about MCT is that it's a one member one vote organisation, or so they say. It'll be the members who decide what happens to their money, not the Leadership Team.

Well, that's what should happen.

One member one vote like the Trust. Once bitten twice shy mate!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum