GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's Hoppy up to?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What's Hoppy up to? Empty What's Hoppy up to? on Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:27 am

Alf Hucker

Alf Hucker
OK it was just the diddy cup but something not right when the club's thanking fans on twitter and dishing out that shite at the same time.

What's Hoppy up to - thought he was a winner? Am pretty scunnered tbh.

2What's Hoppy up to? Empty Re: What's Hoppy up to? on Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:42 am

toddyton

toddyton
Alf Hucker wrote:OK it was just the diddy cup but something not right when the club's thanking fans on twitter and dishing out that shite at the same time.

I guess we’re all scunnered this morning but the squad is still all over the place. I haven’t given up on Hoppy and hoping for top four by the next window. Then we’ll really see if there’s any true ambition with that new director in the boardroom.

Sent from Topic'it App

3What's Hoppy up to? Empty Re: What's Hoppy up to? on Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:25 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
McKinnon got slaughtered off the fans for doing the very same but this has gone relatively unnoticed. It's appalling that fans travelled to Inverness only to find that half the team were still in bed.

4What's Hoppy up to? Empty Re: What's Hoppy up to? on Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:26 pm

donut

I do nut think Hoppy really knows what he's doing.

5What's Hoppy up to? Empty Re: What's Hoppy up to? on Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:27 pm

weemanTon

weemanTon
donut wrote:I do nut think Hoppy really knows what he's doing.
Shut yer cake hole. Very Happy

6What's Hoppy up to? Empty Re: What's Hoppy up to? on Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:37 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
There's absolutely no reason to play weakened teams at this level. The reserve league is now not limited by age, so that's where he should be trying out new formations and/or giving players game time. It's always been my belief that clubs should play their strongest team at all times.

7What's Hoppy up to? Empty Re: What's Hoppy up to? on Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:46 pm

JCB

JCB
Quick Draw wrote:There's absolutely no reason to play weakened teams at this level. The reserve league is now not limited by age, so that's where he should be trying out new formations and/or giving players game time. It's always been my belief that clubs should play their strongest team at all times.
It's the Mickey Mouse Cup QD, and the Ton are far from the only club to stick two fingers up at the dickheads in high places who turned it from comedy to farce.

Having said that, there's the small matter of principle, and once again the loyal fans have been short changed by the Club.

8What's Hoppy up to? Empty Re: What's Hoppy up to? on Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:50 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
I disagree JCB. It's a cup that is very winable and should be used to get a whole load of feelgood factor back in the club. Other clubs might have rested some players, but they rested them by putting them on the bench. We left six first team regulars out of the squad completely.

9What's Hoppy up to? Empty Re: What's Hoppy up to? on Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:25 pm

JCB

JCB
If you're genuinely in it to win it you field your strongest side.

I do agree that it's an eminently winnable tournament for a Club that has won NOTHING for 97 years.

10What's Hoppy up to? Empty Re: What's Hoppy up to? on Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:31 pm

bigsanny

bigsanny
Hoppy just giving different squad members a chance. Don't see anything wrong there.

11What's Hoppy up to? Empty Re: What's Hoppy up to? on Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:39 pm

bunnyrooney

bunnyrooney
It's not Hoppy that makes the budget is it? He's a good manager and a good guy as well.

12What's Hoppy up to? Empty Re: What's Hoppy up to? on Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:52 am

Tomton

Tomton
There's been a lot of bad feeling on this messageboard - particularly towards the departing Supporters' Trust and MCT, but both of those organisations represent an attempt by fans to actually DO something rather than just gibber on forums.

What remains the real problem at Greenock Morton is the fact that we (now) have an owner who has washed his hands of responsibility.

13What's Hoppy up to? Empty Re: What's Hoppy up to? on Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:34 am

PLEDGERTON

PLEDGERTON
Tomton wrote:There's been a lot of bad feeling on this messageboard - particularly towards the departing Supporters' Trust and MCT, but both of those organisations represent an attempt by fans to actually DO something rather than just gibber on forums.

What remains the real problem at Greenock Morton is the fact that we (now) have an owner who has washed his hands of responsibility.
Exactly. That's why MCT started.

14What's Hoppy up to? Empty Re: What's Hoppy up to? on Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:50 am

hoppyton

hoppyton
The finger should be aimed at Crawford Rae - not at guys who tried to help the club they love. If Rae loved the club he would fund it properly instead of lying and blaming others. He might have the tele in his pocket but folk are not stupid.

15What's Hoppy up to? Empty Re: What's Hoppy up to? on Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:27 am

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
bunnyrooney wrote:It's not Hoppy that makes the budget is it? He's a good manager and a good guy as well.

Is he a good manager though? He was good at Livi but failed when caretaker with Morton and at Bradford. Now he looks like he's failing again.

16What's Hoppy up to? Empty Re: What's Hoppy up to? on Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:55 am

JCB

JCB
Quick Draw wrote:
bunnyrooney wrote:It's not Hoppy that makes the budget is it? He's a good manager and a good guy as well.

Is he a good manager though? He was good at Livi but failed when caretaker with Morton and at Bradford. Now he looks like he's failing again.
Good logic QD. Send Lewis Hamilton to the next grand prix in an electric Nissan Micra and watch him succeed! Smile

17What's Hoppy up to? Empty Re: What's Hoppy up to? on Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:18 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
I blame the whole modern way of coaching. No characters left in the game because the natural ability gets coached out of boys at an early age. You don't need a good manager at this level, just a competent one.

18What's Hoppy up to? Empty Re: What's Hoppy up to? on Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:19 pm

weemanTon

weemanTon
Johnny Bravo wrote:I blame the whole modern way of coaching. No characters left in the game because the natural ability gets coached out of boys at an early age. You don't need a good manager at this level, just a competent one.
Fancy a wee shot JB? Very Happy

19What's Hoppy up to? Empty Re: What's Hoppy up to? on Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:26 pm

Blade Runner

Blade Runner
Alf Hucker wrote:OK it was just the diddy cup but something not right when the club's thanking fans on twitter and dishing out that shite at the same time.

Mr Hopkin has let himself, the club and the fans down with this one. To send a weakened team out on a revenge mission a week later is the mark of a loser.

20What's Hoppy up to? Empty Re: What's Hoppy up to? on Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:45 pm

BarrTon

BarrTon
Blade Runner wrote:

Mr Hopkin has let himself, the club and the fans down with this one. To send a weakened team out on a revenge mission a week later is the mark of a loser.
When the snake did the same there were rumours that he was acting on instructions from above.

21What's Hoppy up to? Empty Re: What's Hoppy up to? on Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:52 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
BarrTon wrote:
Blade Runner wrote:

When the snake did the same there were rumours that he was acting on instructions from above.

Yes, the rumour was that McKinnon was 'told' to play young Easdale, which he refused to do.

Fast forward a year and Hoppy plays the boy in the same cup.

If the Easdales are calling all the shots, they should make themselves known and show the fans the colour of their money, or get tae fuck.

22What's Hoppy up to? Empty Re: What's Hoppy up to? on Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:06 pm

JJB

Easdale's pure mince.

23What's Hoppy up to? Empty Re: What's Hoppy up to? on Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:21 am

willowman

willowman
I think Hoppy will come good.

24What's Hoppy up to? Empty Re: What's Hoppy up to? on Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:09 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
I've not seen young Easdale play so can't comment on his ability. I think he came on in the last minute on Saturday. Did he even touch the ball?

25What's Hoppy up to? Empty Re: What's Hoppy up to? on Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:45 am

tonto

tonto
Quick Draw wrote:I've not seen young Easdale play so can't comment on his ability. I think he came on in the last minute on Saturday. Did he even touch the ball?
scratched both. cyclops

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum