Talk of the 'Ton
LOGIN HERE
Talk of the 'Ton

GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

MCT should be scrapped!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26MCT should be scrapped! - Page 2 Empty Re: MCT should be scrapped! on Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:13 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
Indeed Tommy.

I was always in the undecided camp. Not anymore, fully decided now. Not a fucking chance will these charletans get any of my hard earned dosh.

27MCT should be scrapped! - Page 2 Empty Re: MCT should be scrapped! on Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:20 am

Tomton

Tomton
Johnny Bravo wrote:Indeed Tommy.

I was always in the undecided camp. Not anymore, fully decided now. Not a fucking chance will these charletans get any of my hard earned dosh.
Please don't call MCT 'charlatans' unless you have proof that they are deliberately conning the fans. My view is that they have been conned by Rae and Robinson. If your argument is that there's absolutely nothing to show for this extra £6k - £7k per month I'm with you there!

28MCT should be scrapped! - Page 2 Empty Re: MCT should be scrapped! on Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:38 am

PLEDGERTON

PLEDGERTON

Calling well intenioned fans charlatans marks you out as a troll - gtf!

29MCT should be scrapped! - Page 2 Empty Re: MCT should be scrapped! on Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:52 am

JJB

PLEDGERTON wrote:

Calling well intenioned fans charlatans marks you out as a troll - gtf!
Agree -we can do without that shit on here.

30MCT should be scrapped! - Page 2 Empty Re: MCT should be scrapped! on Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:45 pm

weemanTon

weemanTon
peejay wrote:This was a hairbrained idea from word go. They've only managed less than half the target and now that the truth is out the pledges will tail off. Where's all the quality in playing squad they promised. Nothing's changed and wouldn't surprise me if the £6k a month has just been trimmed off the club spend. Discuss!

Discuss yerself SIR! 🐰

31MCT should be scrapped! - Page 2 Empty Re: MCT should be scrapped! on Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:03 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
I agree with Johnny here. MCT have told the fans what they plan to deliver, and have failed to deliver just that. That's a charlatan whether you like it or not.

32MCT should be scrapped! - Page 2 Empty Re: MCT should be scrapped! on Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:21 pm

big sandy

big sandy
Quick Draw wrote:I agree with Johnny here. MCT have told the fans what they plan to deliver, and have failed to deliver just that. That's a charlatan whether you like it or not.
MCT never claimed they'd get final say on what happened to their gift - did they?

33MCT should be scrapped! - Page 2 Empty Re: MCT should be scrapped! on Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:35 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
big sandy wrote:
Quick Draw wrote:I agree with Johnny here. MCT have told the fans what they plan to deliver, and have failed to deliver just that. That's a charlatan whether you like it or not.
MCT never claimed they'd get final say on what happened to their gift - did they?

They claimed the fans money would be used ONCE the club had used up the player budget set for Hoppy. The whole point of MCT wanting to check the clubs books before finalising the deal was to check what budget had been set by the club and wanting MCT people on the board too was to keep an eye on this too. If the budget had been spent, MCT would already know when their money started to be used, so they'd also know which players were signed with MCT money.

They never claimed they'd have any say on what players were brought in but they should have full traceability on where the money has went.

34MCT should be scrapped! - Page 2 Empty Re: MCT should be scrapped! on Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:43 pm

Tomton

Tomton
Have you pledged?

Sent from Topic'it App

35MCT should be scrapped! - Page 2 Empty Re: MCT should be scrapped! on Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:44 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
Tomton wrote:Have you pledged?

Sent from Topic'it App

I pledged but didn't follow through, and won't.

36MCT should be scrapped! - Page 2 Empty Re: MCT should be scrapped! on Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:38 pm

stalkton

stalkton
peejay wrote:This was a hairbrained idea from word go. They've only managed less than half the target and now that the truth is out the pledges will tail off. Where's all the quality in playing squad they promised. Nothing's changed and wouldn't surprise me if the £6k a month has just been trimmed off the club spend. Discuss!
Sorry for calling you a fud mate - mistaken identity and after the days' shite you may just be bang on. Disgusted.

37MCT should be scrapped! - Page 2 Empty Re: MCT should be scrapped! on Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:25 pm

Tomton

Tomton
It's much too early to write off either MCT or Hopkin's league campaign but things are certainly looking a bit worrying. The budget was presumably fixed before the season started and the Club has know the MCT money was incoming for countless weeks. What have we got to show for it?

38MCT should be scrapped! - Page 2 Empty Re: MCT should be scrapped! on Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:19 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
MCT simply have to announce what the fans money have bought or the direct debits will slowly become less and less.

39MCT should be scrapped! - Page 2 Empty Re: MCT should be scrapped! on Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:43 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
I still don't see any MCT directors listed on Companies House as GMFC Directors. Neither do I see confirmation of the 15% passed on to MCT or the writing off of £500k from the club debt.

This must be put right as soon as fuck.

40MCT should be scrapped! - Page 2 Empty Re: MCT should be scrapped! on Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:49 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
Johnny Bravo wrote:I still don't see any MCT directors listed on Companies House as GMFC Directors. Neither do I see confirmation of the 15% passed on to MCT or the writing off of £500k from the club debt.

This must be put right as soon as fuck.

Still nothing Johnny. This is very bad.

41MCT should be scrapped! - Page 2 Empty Re: MCT should be scrapped! on Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:41 pm

peejay

peejay
No different from the Trust really. A few fannies make names for themselves, the diddies cough up their dosh, and then said fannies do fuck all. Hairbrained scheme as I said at the top.

42MCT should be scrapped! - Page 2 Empty Re: MCT should be scrapped! on Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:39 pm

Russellton

peejay wrote:No different from the Trust really. A few fannies make names for themselves, the diddies cough up their dosh, and then said fannies do fuck all. Hairbrained scheme as I said at the top.
Aye - they said £400k then it was supposed to be £175k and now it's down to £150k. Just waiting on Pledgerton telling us everything's ok!

43MCT should be scrapped! - Page 2 Empty Re: MCT should be scrapped! on Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:43 pm

Blade Runner

Blade Runner
Can somebody explain the numbers on the MCT website please.

Figures below as at 9th of September 2019

a) Total value of contributions made/set up (24 month equivalent): £150,840

b) Total number of Full MCT Members contributing the above: 351

c) Total value of pledges made (24 month equivalent) (including the contribution figure at(a) above): £194,505

d) Total number of pledgers (including Members listed at (b) above): 473

44MCT should be scrapped! - Page 2 Empty Re: MCT should be scrapped! on Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:49 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
Blade Runner wrote:Can somebody explain the numbers on the MCT website please.

c) Total value of pledges made (24 month equivalent) (including the contribution figure at(a) above): £194,505

It's a simple formula. The fans give money to MCT, they give it to the club, the club gives it to Golden Casket, the Rae family recover some of the money back they've spunked over the years, the team is still shite and the fans get a worthless 15% of the club.

45MCT should be scrapped! - Page 2 Empty Re: MCT should be scrapped! on Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:49 pm

weemanTon

weemanTon

looks like 122 bawbags bottled out of about 43 grand in pledges Crying or Very sad

46MCT should be scrapped! - Page 2 Empty Re: MCT should be scrapped! on Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:54 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw

If I'm reading that correctly, 122 people have donated £43,655 in hard cash.

47MCT should be scrapped! - Page 2 Empty Re: MCT should be scrapped! on Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:40 pm

Tomton

Tomton
Quick Draw wrote:

Pledges made and pledgers are different from contributions made and full members contributing QD.

I think weeman's called it correctly.

48MCT should be scrapped! - Page 2 Empty Re: MCT should be scrapped! on Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:44 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
Tomton wrote:
Quick Draw wrote:

Pledges made and pledgers are different from contributions made and full members contributing QD.

Got you now Tommy, cheers.

So 77% of pledgers turned their pledge into hard cash.

49MCT should be scrapped! - Page 2 Empty Re: MCT should be scrapped! on Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:04 pm

Tomton

Tomton
Quick Draw wrote:
Tomton wrote:
Quick Draw wrote:

Got you now Tommy, cheers.

So 77% of pledgers turned their pledge into hard cash.

NO!! Mad

77% of pledgers have either made cash contributions or set up active monthly payments but those can be cancelled at any point. The MCT figures don't actually show how much has come in hard cash which I suspect is minimal. In other words, if the pledgers were to revolt at the apparent failure to improve the squad, the scheme (for what it's worth) would collapse overnight. Funny how nobody's talking about that debt being written off any more!

50MCT should be scrapped! - Page 2 Empty Re: MCT should be scrapped! on Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:37 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
Well yes Tommy. The fact they can turn their hard cash back into their own pocket is another matter. Until they do so, it's hard cash for MCT.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum