GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Morton Club Together.

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

1Morton Club Together. Empty Morton Club Together. on Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:52 am

JCB

JCB
Only a fortnight until the first payment goes to the club, but will it be enough to boost the squad for a promotion challenge?

2Morton Club Together. Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:37 am

Tomton

Tomton
It's gone very quiet on the MCT front but surely there will be news from Graham soon.

3Morton Club Together. Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:51 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
The 3rd week in July is the timescale for the pledgers to be notified of the terms that have been agreed with the club. We should hear in the next few days, leaving plenty of time for the direct debits to be set up.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to how this money can make the squad stronger but we've just got to go with it until we find out the details.

4Morton Club Together. Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:03 pm

big sandy

big sandy
Nobody’s obliged to go with it! Mad

5Morton Club Together. Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:28 pm

theduffer

theduffer
big sandy wrote:Nobody’s obliged to go with it! Mad

But if your a pledger you'd be a bit of a rat to pull out at the very end - no?

6Morton Club Together. Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:44 pm

weemanTon

weemanTon
Pledgers have to get the right terms and conditions or they can chuck it

Sent from Topic'it App

7Morton Club Together. Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:34 pm

weemanTon

weemanTon
Updates coming soon apparently

Sent from Topic'it App

8Morton Club Together. Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:41 pm

Tomton

Tomton
Don't know what to think any more. I pledged because it seemed right but unless things become MUCH clearer, I won't be parting with my money. Anybody else in the same boat?

9Morton Club Together. Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:15 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
Tomton wrote:Don't know what to think any more. I pledged because it seemed right but unless things become MUCH clearer, I won't be parting with my money. Anybody else in the same boat?

Yes. We've done our bit by pledging, though must do their bit now by convincing the pledgers to commit to hard cash. The amount of time that's gone without any comment is worrying though.

10Morton Club Together. Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:00 pm

Wylie

Wylie
Bit of a seven day wonder if you ask me.

11Morton Club Together. Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:53 pm

JCB

JCB
It all seems to have gone very quiet just when the trumpets should be blasting it out. Time will tell I guess!

12Morton Club Together. Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:52 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
I read earlier that they will be at the open day on Sunday.

They are definitely behind schedule. No doubt the club has been playing hard ball.

13Morton Club Together. Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:40 pm

weemanTon

weemanTon
Is the Club not due a payment a week today?

14Morton Club Together. Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:48 pm

stalkton

stalkton
Well I'm afraid I'm going to be the party pooper here. Don't know whether I just see it different from down here but basically the fans have been asked to PAY money to reduce a debt they didn't incur in the first place and worse, the present Chairman has already stated he'd write it off anyways if a buyer came in.

15Morton Club Together. Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:18 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
Sounds like one big failure to me. We've got 800 season ticket holders and almost 2000 attend games but only 400 pledgers.

That says it all to me.

16Morton Club Together. Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:50 pm

Tomton

Tomton
Quick Draw wrote:Sounds like one big failure to me. We've got 800 season ticket holders and almost 2000 attend games but only 400 pledgers.

That says it all to me.
Yes, but not everybody has extra cash to splash! It's a step in the right direction trying to get rid of the debt surely.

17Morton Club Together. Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:12 pm

Wylie

Wylie
Quick Draw wrote:Sounds like one big failure to me. We've got 800 season ticket holders and almost 2000 attend games but only 400 pledgers.

That says it all to me.
Too true mate. I'll never get back the £500 I loaned in good faith to the Supporters Trust.

18Morton Club Together. Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:23 pm

Tomton

Tomton
Wylie wrote:

That says it all to me.
Too true mate. I'll never get back the £500 I loaned in good faith to the Supporters Trust.
Well I'm genuinely sorry to say that I won't be following through with a direct debit because the terms and conditions are miles short of anything other than pie in the sky. I don't want to publicly slate any of the well intention guys involved but if anybody wants my views feel free to p.m. me.

19Morton Club Together. Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:54 pm

JCB

JCB
I've now seen the T's & C's, and if you're into charity it's definitely for you, but NO WAY is this a 'deal', and the concept of a 'gift' of a useless tranche of shares is risible.

We were stung before with loans via the now discredited Supporters' Trust, but at least in those days we had reason to be optimistic. 

A fool and his money are easily parted!

20Morton Club Together. Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:14 pm

theduffer

theduffer
JCB wrote:I've now seen the T's & C's, and if you're into charity it's definitely for you, but NO WAY is this a 'deal', and the concept of a 'gift' of a useless tranche of shares is risible.

We were stung before with loans via the now discredited Supporters' Trust, but at least in those days we had reason to be optimistic. 

The money is going straight into the playing staff budget so I think it's a wee bit offensive to call the pledgers fools.

21Morton Club Together. Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:23 pm

JCB

JCB
theduffer wrote:
JCB wrote:I've now seen the T's & C's, and if you're into charity it's definitely for you, but NO WAY is this a 'deal', and the concept of a 'gift' of a useless tranche of shares is risible.

The money is going straight into the playing staff budget so I think it's a wee bit offensive to call the pledgers fools.
Sometimes the truth hurts! I feel sorry for anybody who's been conned by this. All the razzmatazz from Mr. McLennan about gifts and deals when the only person getting a gift is the Chairman who refuses to fund the club. It's shameful - in fact it's disgusting!

22Morton Club Together. Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:24 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
theduffer wrote:

That's what they say but if the first payment is expected to be £6k, does that mean we're going to see another three quality players before the window shuts?

23Morton Club Together. Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:32 pm

weemanTon

weemanTon
Quick Draw wrote:
theduffer wrote:

That's what they say but if the first payment is expected to be £6k, does that mean we're going to see another three quality players before the window shuts?
ANOTHER three! What are you on matey?  affraid

24Morton Club Together. Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:41 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
weemanTon wrote: ANOTHER three! What are you on matey?  affraid

Simple Maths weeman. If there's £6k coming in each month to be spent on players, that's like £2k each a month for three players.

I'm not sure if £500 a week is right for this level but the claim is they'll make the team better.

25Morton Club Together. Empty Re: Morton Club Together. on Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:55 pm

weemanTon

weemanTon
whose the first three?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum