Talk of the 'Ton
LOGIN HERE
Talk of the 'Ton

GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

26GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 2 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:40 pm

So easy to kick a man when he's down guys. The Trust was a great idea after Save the 'Ton and things could and should have been so different. The wrong folk got control sadly.

View user profile

27GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 2 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:51 pm

big sandy wrote:Sorry state of affairs. Second biggest shareholder folds with £120k of fans money down the shunk and nobody being held to account. Only at fucking Morton!! Exclamation
FFS - what happened to the money?

View user profile

28GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 2 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:22 pm

stalkton wrote:
big sandy wrote:Sorry state of affairs. Second biggest shareholder folds with £120k of fans money down the shunk and nobody being held to account. Only at fucking Morton!! Exclamation
FFS - what happened to the money?
Turned into worthless Morton shares mate. Fans were supposed to get a say in the Club but Rae had other ideas. Wasn't helped by the two fuds they had as trust directors either. Don't get ny bro started on them!! Same will happen with MCT if you ask me.

View user profile

29GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 2 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:33 pm

toddyton wrote:I spoke to an old Trust committee member last night - a bloke I've known for many years and Morton to the core.

He said he 'chucked it' when he saw the direction things were going in eight years ago! He was scathing about successive Chairmen, and called the incumbent a 'plank of wood'!

Says it all I guess.

I know someone who thought they had chucked it but it turned out his automatic membership renewal was still taking a tenner from his bank every year.

View user profile

30GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 2 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:49 pm

Quick Draw wrote:
toddyton wrote:I spoke to an old Trust committee member last night - a bloke I've known for many years and Morton to the core.

He said he 'chucked it' when he saw the direction things were going in eight years ago! He was scathing about successive Chairmen, and called the incumbent a 'plank of wood'!

Says it all I guess.

I know someone who thought they had chucked it but it turned out his automatic membership renewal was still taking a tenner from his bank every year.
Can't blame the Trust for that!

View user profile

31GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 2 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:55 pm

RSlicker wrote:
Quick Draw wrote:

Says it all I guess.

You can if he told the Trust he was chucking it.

View user profile

32GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 2 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:03 pm

Quick Draw wrote:
RSlicker wrote:
Quick Draw wrote:

Says it all I guess.

Should have cancelled itr himself!

View user profile

33GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 2 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:11 pm

RSlicker wrote:
Quick Draw wrote:
RSlicker wrote:
Quick Draw wrote:

Says it all I guess.

itr Shocked

View user profile

34GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 2 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:13 pm

Wylie wrote:
RSlicker wrote:
Quick Draw wrote:
RSlicker wrote:
Quick Draw wrote:

Says it all I guess.

itr Shocked
Just a wee typo smartass.

View user profile

35GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 2 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:19 pm

OOH - Mr Slicker's in a cream puff! lol!

View user profile

36GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 2 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:19 am

Back on topic and point 3 of the letter. Can anybody make sense of that? If you put in £500 are you getting it back with interest. Sounds too good to be true.

View user profile

37GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 2 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:04 am

JCB wrote:Back on topic and point 3 of the letter. Can anybody make sense of that? If you put in £500 are you getting it back with interest. Sounds too good to be true.
Pretty sure there was a separate bit in the accounts - some fund that couldn't get touched for normal days to day stuff. Any accountants out there?

View user profile

38GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 2 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:24 am

Clear as fucking mud. Nothing changes with that shower! Twisted Evil

View user profile

39GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 2 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:19 pm

JCB wrote:Back on topic and point 3 of the letter. Can anybody make sense of that? If you put in £500 are you getting it back with interest. Sounds too good to be true.

I take that as the Loan Note holders getting a large amount of shares in the club, to the value of their investment plus interest. Hard to see how that could be possible given that the shares are worth far less than when they bought them. I also presume that the money the Trust hold in the bank, normally between £10k and £20k, will be divided among the Loan Note holders.

I'm more concerned about point 4. If there's anything left to enable the Community Trust to receive anything from this then there's clearly been some jiggery pokery going on.

View user profile

40GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 2 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:26 pm

Nail on head QD especially when (last time they published anything) the treasurer is a Community Trust trustee. I smell shite!

View user profile

41GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 2 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:51 pm

Tomton wrote:Nail on head QD especially when (last time they published anything) the treasurer is a Community Trust trustee. I smell shite!
ooh - drama queen or whit? bounce

View user profile

42GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 2 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:59 pm

The thing with point 4 is not even the right information. Any funds can be donated to a local organisation but it doesn't need to be the CT, that's for the members to decide.

View user profile

43GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 2 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:09 pm

Johnny Bravo wrote:The thing with point 4 is not even the right information. Any funds can be donated to a local organisation but it doesn't need to be the CT, that's for the members to decide.
It's semi-literate gobbledegook. I don't think they mean the GMCT HAS to get any surplus - but hey, a surplus when there are guys out there who loaned £120k - c'mon let's get real here!

View user profile

44GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 2 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:52 pm

That's exactly what it says Tommy. I'd rather it went to MCT, who would at least make good use of it.

View user profile

45GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 2 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:56 pm

Johnny Bravo wrote:That's exactly what it says Tommy. I'd rather it went to MCT, who would at least make good use of it.
But it's merely a proposal (like all the rest of the crap)!

View user profile

46GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 2 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:58 pm

Only on paper Tommy. The Trust have always had a knack of holding enough proxy votes to push through whatever they liked to. This will be no different.

View user profile

47GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 2 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:04 pm

Johnny Bravo wrote:Only on paper Tommy. The Trust have always had a knack of holding enough proxy votes to push through whatever they liked to. This will be no different.
Stop gibbering JB - the Trust is the membership not the fucking committee!

View user profile

48GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 2 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:06 pm

Haha. You're clearly not a member then Tommy. That's what they want you to think. 😆

View user profile

49GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 2 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:29 pm

Johnny Bravo wrote:Haha. You're clearly not a member then Tommy. That's what they want you to think. 😆

Correct JB - but I WAS a very interested member like so many others until Mr Robinson assumed control. We trusted him initially.

View user profile

50GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 2 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:36 pm

Tomton wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:Haha. You're clearly not a member then Tommy. That's what they want you to think. 😆

Correct JB - but I WAS a very interested member like so many others until Mr Robinson assumed control. We trusted him initially.
Imagine trusting a bean counter! Twisted Evil

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum