Talk of the 'Ton
LOGIN HERE
Talk of the 'Ton

GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 12]

226GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 10 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:47 am

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
Blade Runner wrote:
MisTrusted wrote:Approx £15k going to The Community Trust, would have only been £10k had Jim accepted £5k of hush money to walk away from the Court Action. Proving his innocence, which he did, was more important than taking a bung.
I wonder how many would have done what Jim did.
Well done to Jim's band of backers and his family for ensuring the case ran it's course, resulting in The Trust effectively dropping their own well publicised case against him.
A decent Trust Committee would have made a donation towards the legal fees after falling on their sword.
I have it on good authority,that if offered, it would have been donated to The Ardgowan Hospice.

That's the problem when you get people spending other people's money, they just don't care. They'd have done it a lot differently if it was coming out of their own pockets.

The Trust committee have been spending the members money for years. In one last kick in the teeth for members, they've now given it all away.

227GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 10 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:13 am

The Toad

The Toad
Quick Draw wrote:
Blade Runner wrote:
MisTrusted wrote:Approx £15k going to The Community Trust, would have only been £10k had Jim accepted £5k of hush money to walk away from the Court Action. Proving his innocence, which he did, was more important than taking a bung.
Well done to Jim's band of backers and his family for ensuring the case ran it's course, resulting in The Trust effectively dropping their own well publicised case against him.
A decent Trust Committee would have made a donation towards the legal fees after falling on their sword.
I have it on good authority,that if offered, it would have been donated to The Ardgowan Hospice.

That's the problem when you get people spending other people's money, they just don't care. They'd have done it a lot differently if it was coming out of their own pockets.

The Trust committee have been spending the members money for years. In one last kick in the teeth for members, they've now given it all away.
Yes - democratically.

228GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 10 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:05 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
The Toad wrote:
Quick Draw wrote:
Blade Runner wrote:

Yes - democratically.

Yep, democratically to the ex-Chairmans new hobby. Laughing Laughing

229GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 10 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:20 pm

LadyHail

LadyHail
Johnny Bravo wrote:
The Toad wrote:
Quick Draw wrote:
Blade Runner wrote:

Yes - democratically.

WTF are you gibbering about now?

230GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 10 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:54 pm

Blade Runner

Blade Runner
Haha, JB the riddler. Laughing

231GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 10 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:06 pm

TonInDubai

TonInDubai
Johnny Bravo wrote:
The Toad wrote:
Quick Draw wrote:
Blade Runner wrote:

Yes - democratically.

Yet again there appears to be a suggestion of some sort of conflict of interest or financial impropriety. I wish folk would stop talking in riddles!

232GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 10 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:23 pm

vaperton

vaperton
The whole thing is a riddle because there were so many ‘respectable’ folk lying through their teeth and nobody gives a toss anyway!

Sent from Topic'it App

233GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 10 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:27 pm

bunter

bunter
Yip - have seen proof that the last three chairmen are liars

Sent from Topic'it App

234GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 10 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:59 pm

JCB

JCB
bunter wrote:Yip - have seen proof that the last three chairmen are liars

Sent from Topic'it App
Indeed!

Had certain individuals not had the dual protection of a cloak of secrecy and rampant apathy, they would probably have had criminal charges brought against them.

235GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 10 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:15 pm

Tomton

Tomton
C’mon gents, the GMST is a rotten corpse. Time to move on!

Sent from Topic'it App

236GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 10 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:15 am

MisTrusted

Indeed it was with Herr Fuhrer's running it but it is disgusting that all of the £15k has been 'Donated' to another venture that Trust folk have an interest in. Couldn't they have spread the money amongst several Community based projects rather than it's the community trust it goes to, do you all understand that, there will be no rebellions amongst the ranks.

237GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 10 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:50 am

Tomton

Tomton
The common factor seems to be Mr Robinson

Sent from Topic'it App

238GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 10 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:37 am

houston

houston
Tomton wrote:The common factor seems to be Mr Robinson

Sent from Topic'it App
Robinson is a Club director - no?

239GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 10 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:08 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
houston wrote:
Tomton wrote:The common factor seems to be Mr Robinson

Sent from Topic'it App
Robinson is a Club director - no?

He makes a fine cuppa too.

240GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 10 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:39 pm

weemanTon

weemanTon
He makes a fine cuppa too tea. bounce

241GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 10 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:56 pm

connellton

The Trust was a fine institution in its time and I am sorry to hear of its demise

Sent from Topic'it App

242GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 10 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:14 am

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
connellton wrote:The Trust was a fine institution in its time and I am sorry to hear of its demise

Sent from Topic'it App

In it's time, yes, but it went well past it's best before date.

243GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 10 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:50 pm

MisTrusted

It would apoear that the largest most successful event was one of their last.
The Stars of 79 will remain in the players and officials minds the rest of their lives.
I still have my ticket in the house and have goosebumps typing this.
Anyone else on here there that night?

244GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 10 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:02 pm

cloch

cloch
MisTrusted wrote:It would apoear that the largest most successful event was one of their last.
The Stars of 79 will remain in the players and officials minds the rest of their lives.
Was there along with my brother, and almost scary that it was ten years ago. Most people were extremely merry by the end of an amazing night!

245GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 10 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:32 pm

Tealeaf

Tealeaf
MisTrusted wrote:It would apoear that the largest most successful event was one of their last.
Aye! 😸

Sent from Topic'it App

246GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 10 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:20 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
I wasn't at the night but I drove a few drunken people home in my taxi. Was a successful night. ;)

247GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 10 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:03 pm

cloch

cloch
Johnny Bravo wrote:I wasn't at the night but I drove a few drunken people home in my taxi. Was a successful night. ;)
I don't think anybody was actually sober JB. It was always intended to be a boozy celebration and didn't disappoint!

248GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 10 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:02 pm

bratsimpson

bratsimpson
Tealeaf wrote:It would apoear that the largest most successful event was one of their last. The Stars of 79 will remain in the players and officials minds the rest of their lives. I still have my ticket in the house and have goosebumps typing this. Anyone else on here there that night? Aye! 😸 Sent from Topic'it App
hahaha

Sent from Topic'it App

249GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 10 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:09 pm

cowalton

cowalton
I'm personal friends with an ex-player and we sometimes get in a round of golf though his arthritis is getting quite bad. Anyway he brings that evening up time after time. It was obviously a very happy reunion for the '79 squad and a big social success. Nobody can ever take that away.

250GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 10 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:13 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 10 Img_6210

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum