Talk of the 'Ton
LOGIN HERE
Talk of the 'Ton

GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

126GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 6 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:39 pm

Bet he's never heard of you either fat boy

View user profile

127GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 6 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:40 pm

fuck off back to your litter tray you sarcastic git

View user profile

128GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 6 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:41 pm

oooh touchy!

View user profile

129GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 6 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:46 pm

Enough of this gents! Sounds like the Supporters Trust is being wound up, which is what most folk expected. Some have suggested that it's just being put out of its misery. Hopefully our poster who attended tonight will let us have a full report in due course. Meanwhile please avoid personal abuse. There's another forum if that's what you enjoy.

View user profile

130GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 6 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:27 am

Approx 16 folk in attendance.
3 committee, as apparently only 3 left on it, never seen that mentioned in the letter.
Claire, Laura and Allan Feeney. Sorry ladies if I got this bit wrong but would suggest only office bearer was Allan Feeney, the Chairman.
Apparently everyone else has chucked it but how woyld anyone know as no AGM for two years.

View user profile

131GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 6 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:41 am

As the meeting progressed it became clear that a decision to Dissolve the Trust had already been made with founder members like Stuart Duncan, Danny Goodwin and Jim McColl nailing down any loose pieces. I personally stated that I felt in advance of the meetimg that this was the case butvwas assured by the Chairman that was not the case, however........

View user profile

132GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 6 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:51 am

A proposal was put forward, seconded and voted on. That the Trust continue for a further year and members notified of the seriousness due to lack of Committee Members, bearing in mind no mention in the letter that we only had three, that an AGM be called and an appeal for volunteers be made, even if this was only to keep the Trust going as an entity in the background in case another demise of Morton Football Club happened in tne future. Two gentleman volunteered to.immediately join the committee to ensure it was propped up for the time being. Suddenly it became apparent that the present Committee were effevtively standing down that night, again nothing in the letter about that.
The vote took place and Allan Feeney, used tje Proxies he had to vote against this motion and effectively end the existence of The Trust. Needless to say the three founder members also voted against tje motion and yes, not surprisingly,, they had proxies too.

View user profile

133GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 6 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:01 am

It was mentioned that no revruitment drive had taken place and like the MCT the Trust cold do this if it continued, obviously shot down by those that wanted the nails put in.
The Trust has 136 members as well as Loan Note Holders, some of which are part of the 136.
Once Dissolution had been voted through, it was agreed all those would be given 100 shares each.
The aporox 175 Loan Note Holders would then receive the balance of the shares, aporox 1,000 each.

View user profile

134GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 6 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:04 am

Or maybe not !!!
No-one checked with Morton / Golden Casket that the shares in the name of GMST could be transferred into individual folks names lol.

View user profile

135GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 6 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:11 am

I had put forward a motion that the approx £15,000 in the bank be distributed amongst the Loan Note Holders, as these were the folk that had put in their investment when needed.
It was mentioned that Loan Notes were Non-Refundable until I reminded the said person that had previously sat on a Committee that had refunded Loan Note money to at least one person that it was actually at the discretion of the Committee if monies were refunded.
Needless to say the motion was rejected and the money is all going to The Community Trust, in which ex Trust Committee are involved in.

View user profile

136GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 6 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:16 am

One member did thank myself and all others that had served on tne committee previously for their efforts. A kind gesture which was applauded.
Overall it's a disgrace that folk actively wanted to keep the GMST going and volunteered their services to ensure that happened, but were vetoed by the previous incumbnents and the present Chairman.

View user profile

137GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 6 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:53 am

An interesting report, and many thanks.

View user profile

138GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 6 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:45 am

Not unexpected in any way. I'll wait until they communicate with the ex-members before making further comment other than it's a fucking disgrace.

View user profile

139GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 6 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:31 am

MisTrusted wrote:I had put forward a motion that the approx £15,000 in the bank be distributed amongst the Loan Note Holders, as these were the folk that had put in their investment when needed.
It was mentioned that Loan Notes were Non-Refundable until I reminded the said person that had previously sat on a Committee that had refunded Loan Note money to at least one person that it was actually at the discretion of the Committee if monies were refunded.
Needless to say the motion was rejected and the money is all going to The Community Trust, in which ex Trust Committee are involved in.
You seem to be suggesting a conflict of interest.

View user profile

140GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 6 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:01 am

All in the rules of the trust that the money should go there, if that's how you want to interpret them, mmm.

View user profile

141GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 6 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:36 am

MisTrusted wrote:All in the rules of the trust that the money should go there, if that's how you want to interpret them, mmm.
Only after all debts and liabilities are settled. It's entirely at the discretion of the membership to distribute any surplus
pro rata among the loan note holders who have been disenfranchised. I believe that's what you proposed but were voted down. It doesn't smell very nice to me.

View user profile

142GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 6 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:35 am

F.A.O. MisTrusted

When the minutes of this meeting become available, will you please make them available to our posters. Thanks.

View user profile

143GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 6 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:36 pm

Nearly wet myself after reading that lol.

Replace the word When with IF and my answer will be Yes but don't hold your breath.

View user profile

144GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 6 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:39 pm

Surely they need to communicate with the members that now have shares in Morton.

View user profile

145GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST - Page 6 Empty Re: GREENOCK MORTON SUPPORTERS TRUST on Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:03 pm

The proposals were carried through on the basis of alleged proxy votes. Failure to minute the process and notify all members (including those proxies) would surely be unconstitutional. What next? Is the Trust Chairman about to approach the Queen to speed up the process? Question

View user profile
toddyton wrote:The proposals were carried through on the basis of alleged proxy votes. Failure to minute the process and notify all members (including those proxies) would surely be unconstitutional. What next? Is the Trust Chairman about to approach the Queen to speed up the process? Question
Apparently members today received email basically telling them that they (whoever 'they' are) are still trying to work out how to implement the resolutions that 'they' railroaded through at the E.G.M. Farcical to the end!

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum