Talk of the 'Ton
LOGIN HERE
Talk of the 'Ton

GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

QUOTABLE QUOTES

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 15]

76QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 4 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:25 pm

cowalton

cowalton
RSlicker wrote:I see there's a minutes applause for Ricksen. Shame what happened to the guy but there's no link to Morton whatsoever here.
Whoever said that clearly hasn't a clue about MND. I well remember the universal respect and empathy for wee Jimmy Johnstone from the Scottish footballing fraternity as a whole. Very unpleasant in my view.

77QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 4 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:54 pm

wonderton

wonderton
cowalton wrote:
RSlicker wrote:I see there's a minutes applause for Ricksen. Shame what happened to the guy but there's no link to Morton whatsoever here.
Whoever said that clearly hasn't a clue about MND. I well remember the universal respect and empathy for wee Jimmy Johnstone from the Scottish footballing fraternity as a whole. Very unpleasant in my view.

'Shame what happened to the guy'.

What an ignorant and dismissive thing to say. MND is a cruel, cruel illness. I doubt that the person who wrote that has ever been in a neurology ward.

Alice.

78QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 4 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:16 pm

teeTon

teeTon
I saw the original post and the follow up - it's the sort of stuff you'd expect from some bitter OF fans.

79QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 4 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:59 pm

PLEDGERTON

PLEDGERTON
teeTon wrote:I saw the original post and the follow up - it's the sort of stuff you'd expect from some bitter OF fans.

Somebody mentioned it this afternoon directly after the applause. Apparently posted on the old Morton forum. Very bad taste IMO.

80QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 4 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:07 am

BarrTon

BarrTon
PLEDGERTON wrote:
teeTon wrote:I saw the original post and the follow up - it's the sort of stuff you'd expect from some bitter OF fans.

Somebody mentioned it this afternoon directly after the applause. Apparently posted on the old Morton forum. Very bad taste IMO.
Yes it was doing the rounds in the shed yesterday. Same guy lied about us not responding to Jinky's death. FFS there was even a tribute at Ibrox!

81QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 4 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:43 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
Ah,just commented about this on another thread. Here it is here too then.

Reading back on some of the pre-match comments from yesterday on social media. Fucking hell, some people complaining about the minutes applause for Fernando Ricksen.

Sure he didn't have a direct connection with Morton but the point is that he was a part of Scottish Football just like every one of us. He could have went back to live out his life in the Netherlands but chose to stay in Scotland and try his best to fund raise for a very good cause. Respect.

QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 4 Icon_user_profile QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 4 Icon_contact_pm

82QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 4 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:06 pm

lowndes

Johnny Bravo wrote:Ah,just commented about this on another thread. Here it is here too then.

Reading back on some of the pre-match comments from yesterday on social media. Fucking hell, some people complaining about the minutes applause for Fernando Ricksen.

Sure he didn't have a direct connection with Morton but the point is that he was a part of Scottish Football just like every one of us. He could have went back to live out his life in the Netherlands but chose to stay in Scotland and try his best to fund raise for a very good cause. Respect.

QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 4 Icon_user_profile QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 4 Icon_contact_pm
Just seen the tweet and read this. Guess the OF bitterness will never die. RIP Fernando!

83QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 4 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:29 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
lowndes wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:Ah,just commented about this on another thread. Here it is here too then.

Just seen the tweet and read this. Guess the OF bitterness will never die. RIP Fernando!

That's the biggest problem though mate. The person in question isn't an OF fan, he's just a sectarian bigot.

84QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 4 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:31 pm

lowndes

Johnny Bravo wrote:
lowndes wrote:

That's the biggest problem though mate. The person in question isn't an OF fan, he's just a sectarian bigot.

Was it not posted on a 'Ton page?

85QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 4 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:42 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
lowndes wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
lowndes wrote:

Yes, and from the parting Trust Chairman no less. Someone who should know better but rarely does.

86QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 4 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:43 pm

lowndes

Johnny Bravo wrote:
lowndes wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
lowndes wrote:

Yes, and from the parting Trust Chairman no less. Someone who should know better but rarely does.

What trust is that JB?

87QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 4 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:45 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
lowndes wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
lowndes wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
lowndes wrote:

What trust is that JB?

The GMST. Current location: half way around the u bend.

88QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 4 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:46 pm

lowndes

Johnny Bravo wrote:
lowndes wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
lowndes wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
lowndes wrote:

What trust is that JB?

The GMST. Current location: half way around the u bend.
Pardon my ignorance JB but what is it?

89QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 4 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:03 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
Greenock Morton Supporters' Trust

It was set up in the aftermath of the H*** S**** fiasco. Sadly it turned out to be a fiasco itself, taking thousands of pounds from fans for nothing in return. A shambles that really needs exposed.

90QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 4 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:10 pm

lowndes

Left Inverclyde a generation back JB but still get over for the odd game. Have to do with Starks Park most of the time! I guess a lot of us ex-pats are out of the mix!

91QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 4 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:45 am

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
Just read this. There are no words.

92QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 4 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:04 pm

The Toad

The Toad
There are too many upstarts and bigmouths who think they know better than the Club.

93QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 4 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:29 pm

Blade Runner

Blade Runner
There are far more upstarts connected with the club Mr Toad.

94QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 4 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:37 pm

Tomton

Tomton
Blade Runner wrote:There are far more upstarts connected with the club Mr Toad.
The Toad is spot on here BR. Many other clubs (probably most in Scotland) paid their respects, including Celtic F.C., but the current Chairman of the Greenock Morton Supporters' Trust is permitted to disseminate sectarian bile on a forum that purports to represent Morton fans.

QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 4 Screen18

95QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 4 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:24 am

stuarton

stuarton
Yes your correct.

96QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 4 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:29 pm

Alf Hucker

Alf Hucker
So some of our own 'fans' decided to desecrate this, but only on a message board where they knew they'd get off with it. DISGUSTING!

97QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 4 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:34 pm

erskine

erskine
Alf Hucker wrote:So some of our own 'fans' decided to desecrate this, but only on a message board where they knew they'd get off with it. DISGUSTING!
I don't think for a moment that the majority who use that forum objected to the applause for Fernando Ricksen.

98QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 4 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:47 pm

baker street

baker street
erskine wrote:
Alf Hucker wrote:So some of our own 'fans' decided to desecrate this, but only on a message board where they knew they'd get off with it. DISGUSTING!
I don't think for a moment that the majority who use that forum objected to the applause for Fernando Ricksen.
I think most of the members just drop in and out for the news and at match times. The day to day stuff seems to just be a wee clique talking gibberish among themselves!

Have to say I'm liking the feel of this new message board so far.

99QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 4 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:34 am

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
I must be doing something right, I got a mention yesterday from the biggest roaster on that forum.

100QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 4 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:43 am

HEN

HEN
Quick Draw wrote:I must be doing something right, I got a mention yesterday from the biggest roaster on that forum.
I find that term offensive. Exclamation

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum