Talk of the 'Ton
LOGIN HERE
Talk of the 'Ton

GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

QUOTABLE QUOTES

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 20]

351QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 15 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:10 am

stalkton

stalkton
Cretin

352QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 15 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:14 am

baker street

baker street
stalkton wrote:Cretin
I've never understood why people choose this word because cretins are ill and can't help it. Cunts are useful and so are cocks. I'd call him Captain Cringe! thumbs down

353QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 15 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:20 am

SPIKE

baker street wrote:
stalkton wrote:Cretin
I've never understood why people choose this word because cretins are ill and can't help it. Cunts are useful and so are cocks. I'd call him Captain Cringe! thumbs down

Captain Contemptible

354QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 15 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:33 am

baker street

baker street
Just remembered we'll be off to church in an hour or so and here I am bad mouthing a fellow Morton fan. I take it all back and christen him Captain Cuddly.

355QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 15 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:52 am

stalkton

stalkton
Jesus loves Captain Cuddly!

356QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 15 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:28 am

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
SPIKE wrote:
stalkton wrote:He’s a ‘C’ captain 👩✈

ock or unt?

Both

357QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 15 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:08 pm

McGhee

Johnny Bravo wrote:
SPIKE wrote:

ock or unt?

Both
aye fucked himself

358QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 15 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:53 pm

PaulRenfrew

PaulRenfrew
McGhee wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
SPIKE wrote:

ock or unt?

Both
aye fucked himself
OH for goodness sake thumbs down

359QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 15 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:34 pm

RSlicker

RSlicker
(when I look in the mirror I) think 'what a brainless cunt', 'what a fanny' etc.

360QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 15 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:15 pm

Edwards

Edwards
RSlicker wrote:(when I look in the mirror I) think 'what a brainless cunt', 'what a fanny' etc.
I truly wish you'd stop quoting that troll!

361QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 15 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:14 pm

WattTon

WattTon
I can only speak for my own experiences of what Morton means to me and I realise I will have blue and white tinted spectacles with quite a bit of nostalgia thrown in, however for me it’s along these lines:

1. Allan McGraw and the 1964 team breaking all post war records for wins and goals scored, playing home and away against any team as though we were the home team. This was my first experience so admittedly I’ve judged everything since against it. Guys like McGraw, Morris Stevenson, Jimmy Wilson and Hugh Strachan couldn’t have played defensive football if you’d held a gun to their heads!

2. Moving on to the Danish Invasion with Eric Sorensen, Per Bartram, Lief Nielsen, Bjarne Jensen, Preben Arentoft etc. As above, would probably hold a gun to your head if you even suggested playing defensively.

3. Add Joe Harper, Joe Mason, Tony Taylor and Willie Allan, then you have a team who’ll face up to anyone and fancy their chances, and were absolutely wonderful to watch!

4. Then came along the Benny Rooney era with Andy Ritchie, Mark McGhee, Bobby Thompson, Neil Orr, Jim Holmes etc. Even the defenders were attack minded! They would attack opposition home and away.

5. Then the Era of McInnes, Mahood, Rajamaki and Lindberg, under Allan McGraw. Again All they did was attack home and away.

6. Then Cowboy’s shwashbuckling team containing Williams, Weatherson, Maisano etc., who sold out almost every away ground in our way back up the leagues, such was our magnificent away support to watch our famous all out attacking philosophy.

That’s the Morton I’ve always loved and supported.

362QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 15 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:51 am

SPIKE

"All records must be broken and I will beat that record."

I can think of one record that Ronaldo will not help to break.

363QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 15 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:39 am

Taggart

Taggart
We have a three year plan

364QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 15 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:08 pm

SPIKE

Hi im cameroonian striker semi pro i will like to begin pro level with morton anyone get connection to the club to help me get invitation trials letter to come for trials ?? Im gonna sponsor myself

365QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 15 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:29 am

SPIKE

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Leonardo da Vinci

366QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 15 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:38 pm

SPIKE

posted in the other place

Posted Today, 11:00 PM

I used to wait with baited breath for what awaited on the forum. I would drive up from Greenock to Aberdeen on a Sunday night, get into my flat, pour a glass of wine and log onto Greenock Morton Forum for the best interaction I could wish for, and was never left disappointed. NOW, I can’t believe how much it’s degenerated, from people trying to bully you out of posting how you actually feel, to the football manager mentality leading people to think they know better than a former Scotland international player, I really don’t know where to start. Suffice to say, there’s a lot of people on this forum who don’t have the first idea about football, and yet they have a great deal to say for themselves. Sorry guys I’m not sure where this is all heading but I’m seriously thinking of giving it all a miss.

367QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 15 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:54 am

RSlicker

RSlicker
SPIKE wrote:posted in the other place

Posted Today, 11:00 PM

I used to wait with baited breath for what awaited on the forum. I would drive up from Greenock to Aberdeen on a Sunday night, get into my flat, pour a glass of wine and log onto Greenock Morton Forum for the best interaction I could wish for, and was never left disappointed. NOW, I can’t believe how much it’s degenerated, from people trying to bully you out of posting how you actually feel, to the football manager mentality leading people to think they know better than a former Scotland international player, I really don’t know where to start. Suffice to say, there’s a lot of people on this forum who don’t have the first idea about football, and yet they have a great deal to say for themselves. Sorry guys I’m not sure where this is all heading but I’m seriously thinking of giving it all a miss.
Suffer the little children to come unto me - for of such is the Kingdom of Heaven.

368QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 15 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:21 am

SPIKE

Have the little children suffered enough?

369QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 15 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:27 am

banksyton

Eat, drink and be merry
For tomorrow we may all be radioactive ☢

370QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 15 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:57 am

LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON
Nine years of cuts from nine years of cunts.

371QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 15 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:06 pm

kidston

kidston
We have a three year plan.

372QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 15 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:15 pm

weemanTon

weemanTon
I've largely stopped posting on here because I got fed up with wading through shite posts from trolls like myself (D.M.) happy

373QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 15 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:37 pm

Alf Hucker

Alf Hucker
I hardly post on here anymore either.

374QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 15 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:15 pm

RSlicker

RSlicker
The current state of the club - not just the results on the pitch (although these are a factor) - is keeping people away, it's as simple as that.

375QUOTABLE QUOTES - Page 15 Empty Re: QUOTABLE QUOTES on Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:17 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
weemanTon wrote:I've largely stopped posting on here because I got fed up with wading through shite posts from trolls like myself (D.M.) happy

But he still found the time to post that. He must be full of the cider today. Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum