Talk of the 'Ton
LOGIN HERE
Talk of the 'Ton

GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BREAKING NEWS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 15]

251BREAKING NEWS! - Page 11 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! on Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:06 pm

houston

houston
Admin wrote:Many thanks to our friends over on P&B for producing this table, I think there's going to be more to follow.

My thoughts, oh dear. What are your thoughts?

BREAKING NEWS! - Page 11 Goalsa10

Falkirk top and Morton bottom. OH DEAR! Laughing

252BREAKING NEWS! - Page 11 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! on Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:23 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
Many thanks to our friends over on P&B for producing this table, I think there's going to be more to follow.

My thoughts, oh dear. What are your thoughts?

BREAKING NEWS! - Page 11 Goalsa10

http://gmfc1874.forumotion.com

253BREAKING NEWS! - Page 11 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! on Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:07 pm

TonInDubai

TonInDubai
Johnny Bravo wrote:It reminds me of the thoughts you get when you need to change your car. You know you desperately want a new one but you've just spent £600 getting it through it's MOT.

The Rae probably still thinks he can get some of his money back.
Did he not get volunteers in with paint pots when he was stadium director? That's cheapskate behaviour in my book.

254BREAKING NEWS! - Page 11 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! on Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:34 am

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
It reminds me of the thoughts you get when you need to change your car. You know you desperately want a new one but you've just spent £600 getting it through it's MOT.

The Rae probably still thinks he can get some of his money back.

255BREAKING NEWS! - Page 11 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! on Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:43 am

JCB

JCB
stalkton wrote:
Blade Runner wrote:I think the phrase you're looking for JCB is 'hingers oan'.
Hingers on, brown nosers, folk with their heads in the sand - whatever you want to called them, they are all hiding from the truth.

Sent from Topic'it App

Absolutely. 'I own this club, I'm not prepared to spend money on this club, and fuck the fans'. Evil or Very Mad

256BREAKING NEWS! - Page 11 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! on Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:02 pm

stalkton

stalkton
Hingers on, brown nosers, folk with their heads in the sand - whatever you want to called them, they are all hiding from the truth.

Sent from Topic'it App

257BREAKING NEWS! - Page 11 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! on Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:42 pm

Taggart

Taggart
BREAKING NEWS! - Page 11 Screen10

258BREAKING NEWS! - Page 11 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! on Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:47 pm

Blade Runner

Blade Runner
I think the phrase you're looking for JCB is 'hingers oan'.

259BREAKING NEWS! - Page 11 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! on Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:46 pm

JCB

JCB
Quick Draw wrote:Some people still believe that to be true.
The same people who were conned by the early bird ticket scam/three year plan to 'honour' his dead father. The old fella had hardly cooled down when the goalposts were moved but you'll always get the types who bow to authority.

260BREAKING NEWS! - Page 11 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! on Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:48 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
Some people still believe that to be true.

261BREAKING NEWS! - Page 11 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! on Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:02 pm

JCB

JCB
Quick Draw wrote:I'm not sure if it was all Dougie's idea for cutting back. Warren Hawke arrived just before that sore night at Firhill, next thing the budget was getting slashed and senior platers were refusing to sign on again, some even suggesting there was a wage cap in place. Then came the 8-8-8 nonsense and the rest is history. I've always been of the opinion that Hawke was the instigator.

Hard nosed businessman Dougie had a soft spot for players/ex-players who in turn thought he was the 'bees knees' when others (in business) found him to be quite the opposite, so it's possible that Hawke was the instigator.

What I was driving at was that it came under the Old Boy's watch rather than his son's. At least Dougie didn't lie about mysterious new shareholders forcing his hand!

262BREAKING NEWS! - Page 11 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! on Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:51 am

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
I'm not sure if it was all Dougie's idea for cutting back. Warren Hawke arrived just before that sore night at Firhill, next thing the budget was getting slashed and senior platers were refusing to sign on again, some even suggesting there was a wage cap in place. Then came the 8-8-8 nonsense and the rest is history. I've always been of the opinion that Hawke was the instigator.

263BREAKING NEWS! - Page 11 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! on Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:55 am

JCB

JCB
Johnny Bravo wrote:That's very true. I know it's a different era but I don't remember such a big turnaround in players pre-Rae.

Douglas Rae threw money at the club and imagined that would buy success. He was incapable of understanding why it didn't and nobody dared to stand up to him.

When he began to fail mentally, he became embittered and blamed the fans for not 'bringing friends'. The initial budgetary lunacy seems to have been down to the old boy himself but Hawke and Co. soon embraced the 'sustainability' farce, and the brain dead masses clapped like seals! Now it's McLennan and his big collection can.

It's a tragedy that a club of Morton's potential has gone to seed for the lack of proper nurture.

Last edited by JCB on Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total

264BREAKING NEWS! - Page 11 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! on Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:12 am

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
That's very true. I know it's a different era but I don't remember such a big turnaround in players pre-Rae.

265BREAKING NEWS! - Page 11 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! on Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:36 am

lowndes

lowndes
Johnny Bravo wrote:No real surprise to see Shankland getting called up. We've been lightweight up front for years, he won't be any worse than what we have. Can't see him playing against Russia but we should see him in the San Marino game.

The big question is though, why do players go on to better things after they leave Morton?

Th big question mate is why do they leave the 'Ton in the first place?

266BREAKING NEWS! - Page 11 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! on Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:32 am

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
No real surprise to see Shankland getting called up. We've been lightweight up front for years, he won't be any worse than what we have. Can't see him playing against Russia but we should see him in the San Marino game.

The big question is though, why do players go on to better things after they leave Morton?

267BREAKING NEWS! - Page 11 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! on Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:56 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
Perhaps a budding Shankland here!

BREAKING NEWS! - Page 11 Screen20

268BREAKING NEWS! - Page 11 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! on Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:58 pm

stalkton

stalkton
Just daft wee keyboard warriors doing their anger management 😂

Sent from Topic'it App

269BREAKING NEWS! - Page 11 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! on Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:50 pm

theduffer

theduffer
Can't understand the apparent hatred of this youngster elsewhere. There are some very sick people on message boards nowadays.

270BREAKING NEWS! - Page 11 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! on Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:07 pm

cappiecat

cappiecat
Surely this can't be the same repulsive fat cunt who was caught half way through a second bag of cookies in the home dressing room at Cappielow!

OOPS - sorry - wrong forum! lol!

271BREAKING NEWS! - Page 11 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! on Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:02 pm

big sandy

big sandy
Good luck to the boy. He was dreadful for us but has got himself sorted out and is fair rattling them in against diddies. Can he do the same at a higher level?

Only time will tell I guess.

272BREAKING NEWS! - Page 11 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! on Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:34 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

273BREAKING NEWS! - Page 11 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! on Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:42 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
BREAKING NEWS! - Page 11 Screen19

274BREAKING NEWS! - Page 11 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! on Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:33 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
From the Greenock Telegraph.
BREAKING NEWS! - Page 11 Screen11

275BREAKING NEWS! - Page 11 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! on Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:32 am

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
Admin wrote:Congratulations to Peter.

BREAKING NEWS! - Page 11 Screen10

Hopefully he stays fit and gets a good run in the team. He'll only get better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum