Talk of the 'Ton
LOGIN HERE
Talk of the 'Ton

GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Reverse of Robin Hood?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Reverse of Robin Hood? Empty The Reverse of Robin Hood? on Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:47 pm

SPIKE

https://mortonclubtogether.com/news/

Take from the poor and give to the rich.

2The Reverse of Robin Hood? Empty Re: The Reverse of Robin Hood? on Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:51 am

kidston

kidston
More fool those who continue to hand over hard earned cash in a time of financial crisis and potential recession in return for NOTHING but vacuous promises of fan ownership.

Perhaps good may come of this. Perhaps the Rae family will finally be forced to accept that the Club their father's profligacy has all but destroyed is only worth what anyone is prepared to pay for it.

3The Reverse of Robin Hood? Empty Re: The Reverse of Robin Hood? on Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:29 am

SPIKE

kidston wrote:More fool those who continue to hand over hard earned cash in a time of financial crisis and potential recession in return for NOTHING but vacuous promises of fan ownership.

Perhaps good may come of this. Perhaps the Rae family will finally be forced to accept that the Club their father's profligacy has all but destroyed is only worth what anyone is prepared to pay for it.

Well said, sir.

4The Reverse of Robin Hood? Empty Re: The Reverse of Robin Hood? on Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:02 am

campbellton

campbellton
I'm sitting here with a stiff drink, trying to work out how we'll keep up the mortgage repayments when I can't work until God knows when, and MCT want MORE to hand over to rich club owners.

That's embarrassing.

5The Reverse of Robin Hood? Empty Re: The Reverse of Robin Hood? on Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:43 am

SPIKE

I remember a post by Mortonjag years ago.

The Raes do not do shame!

6The Reverse of Robin Hood? Empty Re: The Reverse of Robin Hood? on Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:59 am

PLEDGERTON

PLEDGERTON
This won't cut any ice in my opinion. I was well behind MCT (hence my alias) but almost eight months down the line it's obvious the goalposts have been moved.

The Reverse of Robin Hood? Screen12

7The Reverse of Robin Hood? Empty Re: The Reverse of Robin Hood? on Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:38 am

wonderton

wonderton
Anybody who knows me knows how much I've supported MCT. Check my posts on here.This is just outrageous begging on behalf of the owners. I'm out.

Alice.

8The Reverse of Robin Hood? Empty Re: The Reverse of Robin Hood? on Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:11 am

Edwards

Edwards
If MCT had achieved the stated targets and fulfilled promises to pledgers, this might have been a bit more palatable. Cringeworthy stuff. McLennan is just the latest  Rae poodle IMO.

9The Reverse of Robin Hood? Empty Re: The Reverse of Robin Hood? on Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:47 am

cloch

cloch
If the rich Rae family possessed an ounce of philanthropy at this apparent crossroads in Morton's history they could do something positive. Instead the MCT begging bowl has been enlarged. It's not very nice.

10The Reverse of Robin Hood? Empty Re: The Reverse of Robin Hood? on Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:00 am

weemanTon

weemanTon
It's just begging. They're giving NOTHING in return - not even membership - and are now taking anything down to a fiver. Wonder when there will be the option to pledge bumph rolls. Shocked

11The Reverse of Robin Hood? Empty Re: The Reverse of Robin Hood? on Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:54 am

JCB

JCB
If folk want to part with their hard earned pennies, that's entirely their prerogative, but PLEASE don't have any muddle-headed ideas that you're doing anything except handing over money to save the Raes spending more money.

It's quite as simple and obvious as that.

12The Reverse of Robin Hood? Empty Re: The Reverse of Robin Hood? on Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:15 pm

AberTon

AberTon
Other clubs are doing exactly the same. Don’t know what all the fuss is about.

13The Reverse of Robin Hood? Empty Re: The Reverse of Robin Hood? on Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:44 pm

Tomton

Tomton
MCT came into being because the Rae family stated emphatically that

CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME.

Live by the sword and die by the sword.

14The Reverse of Robin Hood? Empty Re: The Reverse of Robin Hood? on Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:49 pm

hairymary

hairymary
wonderton wrote:Anybody who knows me knows how much I've supported MCT. Check my posts on here.This is just outrageous begging on behalf of the owners. I'm out.

Alice.

Mr. McLennan and his team are only trying to help our club and anyway I like him. He's got a lovely smile.

15The Reverse of Robin Hood? Empty Re: The Reverse of Robin Hood? on Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:50 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
I've yet to hear any of the players or staff come out and say they'll take a hit.

16The Reverse of Robin Hood? Empty Re: The Reverse of Robin Hood? on Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:03 am

tonto

tonto
I salute any anonymous donor who feels able to help the Club, I do not salute those who boast about their charitable status, and I despise those gutless happy-clappers conned by McLennan and such like.

Hi-yo Silver! bounce
The Reverse of Robin Hood? Images10

17The Reverse of Robin Hood? Empty Re: The Reverse of Robin Hood? on Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:26 pm

Paddy

Paddy
Quite a few clubs appealing for financial help so I don't see what folk are complaining about.

18The Reverse of Robin Hood? Empty Re: The Reverse of Robin Hood? on Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:31 pm

LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON
This is the perfect time for Crawford Rae, Golden Casket, the Easdales or anyone else to get the fans on side by offering to cover all the clubs loses during this.

Won't happen though. The fans have already been chosen to fund this and little lapdog McLennan has been sent out on the streets to spread the word.

19The Reverse of Robin Hood? Empty Re: The Reverse of Robin Hood? on Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:57 pm

clochbrae

LinwoodTON wrote:This is the perfect time for Crawford Rae, Golden Casket, the Easdales or anyone else to get the fans on side by offering to cover all the clubs loses during this.

Won't happen though. The fans have already been chosen to fund this and little lapdog McLennan has been sent out on the streets to spread the word.
JESUS SAVES! laugh

20The Reverse of Robin Hood? Empty Re: The Reverse of Robin Hood? on Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:12 pm

LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON
clochbrae wrote:
LinwoodTON wrote:This is the perfect time for Crawford Rae, Golden Casket, the Easdales or anyone else to get the fans on side by offering to cover all the clubs loses during this.

JESUS SAVES! laugh

And Ritchie nets the rebound.

21The Reverse of Robin Hood? Empty Re: The Reverse of Robin Hood? on Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:49 am

wee Andy

wee Andy
Paddy wrote:Quite a few clubs appealing for financial help so I don't see what folk are complaining about.

Time for the Raes to step up to the plate or just get to fuck IMO

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum