Talk of the 'Ton
LOGIN HERE
Talk of the 'Ton

GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD).

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD). Empty CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD). on Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:51 am

JCB

JCB
This has been forced upon its annual sufferers by a poorly understood and grossly mismanaged virus pandemic, and the early closure of our football season will probably tip a few poor souls over the edge. For anyone who thinks I am joking - welcome to reality!

Thankfully there's a growing awareness of mental health issues in the football sector.

https://www.backonside.co.uk/

2CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD). Empty Re: CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD). on Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:50 am

Lord Volvic

Lord Volvic
Awareness of mental health problems is definitely on the increase within football.

3CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD). Empty Re: CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD). on Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:12 pm

Ball de Ed

Ball de Ed
First read about that close season depression several years ago and thought it was just a joke but seems it’s for real

4CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD). Empty Re: CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD). on Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:47 pm

TonInDubai

TonInDubai
I think the majority of committed football fans feel a sense of loss and aimlessness during the closed season, but at least it's usually during decent weather with other sports in vogue. To suddenly just decapitate a season like this will probably have a devastating effect on some vulnerable folks.

5CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD). Empty Re: CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD). on Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:32 pm

SpaTon

SpaTon
TonInDubai wrote:I think the majority of committed football fans feel a sense of loss and aimlessness during the closed season, but at least it's usually during decent weather with other sports in vogue. To suddenly just decapitate a season like this will probably have a devastating effect on some vulnerable folks.
Wouldn't say I'm vulnerable but I had sworn not to go back with the Raes in charge and then was coaxed up to hospitality in a few weeks - and now THIS!

It's a total farce anyway. The only effective way to stop spread is to stop everybody breathing! happy

6CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD). Empty Re: CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD). on Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:55 pm

LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON
I watched Minnions on the telly this afternoon. Quite an unusual Saturday.

Then I went for a big jobby. Unfortunately due to the kind British people, I had to wipe up with a sock.

7CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD). Empty Re: CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD). on Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:01 pm

JELLYBEAN

JELLYBEAN
LinwoodTON wrote:I watched Minnions on the telly this afternoon. Quite an unusual Saturday.

Then I went for a big jobby. Unfortunately due to the kind British people, I had to wipe up with a sock.

Football sock?

8CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD). Empty Re: CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD). on Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:33 pm

burnsroad

burnsroad
Am totally fucking fed up with it already.

9CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD). Empty Re: CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD). on Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:18 am

LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON
JELLYBEAN wrote:
LinwoodTON wrote:I watched Minnions on the telly this afternoon. Quite an unusual Saturday.

Football sock?

No. That one's used for something else. Cool

10CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD). Empty Re: CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD). on Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:24 am

stuarton

stuarton
LinwoodTON wrote:
JELLYBEAN wrote:

Football sock?

Your disgusting!

11CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD). Empty Re: CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD). on Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:43 am

SPIKE

stuarton wrote:
LinwoodTON wrote:
JELLYBEAN wrote:

Football sock?

Your disgusting!

Your disgusting watt?

12CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD). Empty Re: CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD). on Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:27 am

Auld Cokey

Auld Cokey
JCB wrote:This has been forced upon its annual sufferers by a poorly understood and grossly mismanaged virus pandemic, and the early closure of our football season will probably tip a few poor souls over the edge. For anyone who thinks I am joking - welcome to reality!

Thankfully there's a growing awareness of mental health issues in the football sector.

Is one of the podcast boys not involved?

13CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD). Empty Re: CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD). on Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:55 am

LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON
Auld Cokey wrote:
JCB wrote:This has been forced upon its annual sufferers by a poorly understood and grossly mismanaged virus pandemic, and the early closure of our football season will probably tip a few poor souls over the edge. For anyone who thinks I am joking - welcome to reality!

Is one of the podcast boys not involved?

Yes, Callum is heavily involved I think. He's a good lad.

14CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD). Empty Re: CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD). on Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:43 pm

hairymary

hairymary
Ball de Ed wrote:First read about that close season depression several years ago and thought it was just a joke but seems it’s for real

It is. My nephew in Woodhall gets it every year and got pills off the doc last time.

15CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD). Empty Re: CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD). on Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:08 pm

Edwards

Edwards
Looks to be a LONG time before we see football at Cappielow again

16CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD). Empty Re: CLOSED SEASON AFFECTIVE DISORDER (C-SAD). on Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:32 pm

Bumbling Buffoon

Bumbling Buffoon
I'm the same with chips. Two days without any and I begin to fade away.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum