Talk of the 'Ton
LOGIN HERE
Talk of the 'Ton

GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Promotion Play Offs

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Promotion Play Offs Empty The Promotion Play Offs on Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:06 pm

SPIKE

It will be a challenge to overtake Dundee or Ayr now.

As the old saying goes ... THERE'S ALWAYS NEXT SEASON.

2The Promotion Play Offs Empty Re: The Promotion Play Offs on Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:40 am

E.K.Ton

E.K.Ton
Even forgetting the idea of promotion, the difference in payout between fourth and ninth (going on last year's figures) is ~ £125,000 and that's not far off the TOTAL MCT contribution over two years.

Our B.O.D. is penny wise and pound foolish?

3The Promotion Play Offs Empty Re: The Promotion Play Offs on Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:34 am

DDFS

DDFS
Probably aye. Seems a bit daft not to aim for a top four spot financially but we never gave Hopkin enough for a decent defence if reports are right.

4The Promotion Play Offs Empty Re: The Promotion Play Offs on Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:43 am

Ball de Ed

Ball de Ed
I’m not convinced we have enough to do it but a playoff spot is certainly still possible

5The Promotion Play Offs Empty Re: The Promotion Play Offs on Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:41 pm

Delton

Delton
Beat the Arabs this weekend and we’ll be on track!

6The Promotion Play Offs Empty Re: The Promotion Play Offs on Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:11 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
In a league of 8 full time teams, top 4 should always be the aim, for all the teams.

7The Promotion Play Offs Empty Re: The Promotion Play Offs on Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:26 pm

weemanTon

weemanTon
All down to Saturday if you ask me. Beat them and we keep momentum but even a draw and I reckon we stay in the mid-table mix.

8The Promotion Play Offs Empty Re: The Promotion Play Offs on Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:47 pm

Auld Cokey

Auld Cokey
SPIKE wrote:

As another old saying goes- Hope springs eternal.
Nothing changes and nothing will change fundamentally until Rae is out

9The Promotion Play Offs Empty Re: The Promotion Play Offs on Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:55 pm

SPIKE

Auld Cokey wrote:
SPIKE wrote:

As another old saying goes- Hope springs eternal.
Nothing changes and nothing will change fundamentally until Rae is out

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

the more things change, the more they stay the same

10The Promotion Play Offs Empty Re: The Promotion Play Offs on Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:49 am

Auld Cokey

Auld Cokey
Sometimes I think our fans are getting just what they deserve for cow-towing to the Raes for countless years. The biggest culprits will never admit that though clown

11The Promotion Play Offs Empty Re: The Promotion Play Offs on Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:26 pm

bastardo

bastardo
Auld Cokey wrote:Sometimes I think our fans are getting just what they deserve for cow-towing to the Raes for countless years. The biggest culprits will never admit that though clown
It's the same everywhere though. Football fans tend largely to be thick bastards.

12The Promotion Play Offs Empty Re: The Promotion Play Offs on Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:25 pm

LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON
SPIKE wrote:

That's been the annual club statement for thirty years.

13The Promotion Play Offs Empty Re: The Promotion Play Offs on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:39 pm

SPIKE

LinwoodTON wrote:
SPIKE wrote:

That's why it's an old saying.

14The Promotion Play Offs Empty Re: The Promotion Play Offs on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:49 pm

LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON
SPIKE wrote:
LinwoodTON wrote:
SPIKE wrote:

Is 30 old?

15The Promotion Play Offs Empty Re: The Promotion Play Offs on Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:26 am

SPIKE

LinwoodTON wrote:
SPIKE wrote:
LinwoodTON wrote:
SPIKE wrote:

Is 30 old?

The global average median age was 29.6 years in 2015.

16The Promotion Play Offs Empty Re: The Promotion Play Offs on Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:54 am

Tomton

Tomton
All Scottish football suspended until further notice!

17The Promotion Play Offs Empty Re: The Promotion Play Offs on Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:50 pm

Archieton

Archieton
Suddenly there seems to be great panic about the future but we've had protracted winter shutdowns in the past. What will be will be.

18The Promotion Play Offs Empty Re: The Promotion Play Offs on Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:56 pm

Taggart

Taggart
It's the uncertainty folk find hard to come to terms with.

19The Promotion Play Offs Empty Re: The Promotion Play Offs on Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:10 am

LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON
I heard yesterday that it's not the large crowds that have shut the fitba down. In the UK, sporting events with crowds over X have to have ambulance cover available for games. It's that cover that has been withdrawn by the NHS that has caused this decision.

Apologies if this is slightly inaccurate but that's what I remember hearing.

20The Promotion Play Offs Empty Re: The Promotion Play Offs on Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:24 am

JCB

JCB
LinwoodTON wrote:I heard yesterday that it's not the large crowds that have shut the fitba down. In the UK, sporting events with crowds over X have to have ambulance cover available for games. It's that cover that has been withdrawn by the NHS that has caused this decision.

Apologies if this is slightly inaccurate but that's what I remember hearing.

No need to apologise LWT. The whole U.K. approach to 'containment' of this virus is fragmented at best, with every 'authority' justifying its action/inaction on the basis of dubious administrative gobbledegook.

I.M.H.O., you're far more likely to catch it in a crowded supermarket or fast food outlet than at a football match!

21The Promotion Play Offs Empty Re: The Promotion Play Offs on Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:32 am

lowndes

lowndes
I'm in two minds re the closure. I was getting a wee bit optimistic so maybe it's for the best!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum