Talk of the 'Ton
LOGIN HERE
Talk of the 'Ton

GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A warning to clubs claiming to be debt free including Morton

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I said back at the time that Thistle fans should be weary of the owners of thistle stating they were debt free and have ownership of one of the country’s best new training facilities. Yesterday the Japanese investors pulled the plug and it has been announced that the players won’t have a team coach this coming season. As for the training facility this is owned outright by Colin Weir himself who in turn rents it out to thistle . Today Colin weir has thanked the fans , directors and players and wishes then all a successful season after announcing he himself is stepping away. A warning for other clubs who have been boasting to be debt free.

View user profile
I've never understood why Douglas Rae ran up that debt to himself. If he chose to splash Golden Casket's cash profligately he should have picked up the tab.

I understand even less why his son hasn't the decency just to write it off and clean the slate.

View user profile
Tomton wrote:I've never understood why Douglas Rae ran up that debt to himself. If he chose to splash Golden Casket's cash profligately he should have picked up the tab.

I understand even less why his son hasn't the decency just to write it off and clean the slate.

Dougie promised umpteen times that the debt would never be called in. I wonder what he'd think of his son's behaviour!

View user profile
Tomton wrote:I've never understood why Douglas Rae ran up that debt to himself. If he chose to splash Golden Casket's cash profligately he should have picked up the tab.

It's been reported that the Crawford Rae doesn't make the decisions on his own. Other family members now have a stake in GC, that's where the problem lies.

View user profile
Johnny Bravo wrote:

It's been reported that the Crawford Rae doesn't make the decisions on his own. Other family members now have a stake in GC, that's where the problem lies.
Crawford Rae or other Raes - it makes no difference. Douglas Rae made it quite clear that the debt would never be 'called in'. I find it astonishing that Companies House doesn't seem to know anything about those other family members. Maybe it's all part of a three year scam! Twisted Evil

View user profile
From what I can see, it looks as though the only controlling party is old Mrs Rae.

View user profile
Quick Draw wrote:From what I can see, it looks as though the only controlling party is old Mrs Rae.

Why on earth would she want Dougie's promises ripped up? Shocked

View user profile
JCB wrote:
Quick Draw wrote:From what I can see, it looks as though the only controlling party is old Mrs Rae.

Why on earth would she want Dougie's promises ripped up? Shocked
Revenge? bounce

View user profile
Johnny Bravo wrote:

Word on the street is rather different.

View user profile
maybe his maw beats fuck out him if he doesn't do what he's told Very Happy

View user profile
Many a true word spoken in jest wee man!

View user profile
weemanTon wrote:maybe his maw beats fuck out him if he doesn't do what he's told Very Happy

With his own 9 iron. Laughing

View user profile
Seen this elsewhere. Rings kinda true to me.

Does anyone else see the parallels here between this and what is happening at Morton, where Crawfordjag is pleading poverty on behalf of his family, the squad is being assembled on a threadbare budget, some attention-seeker concocts some hairbrained 'ivry buddy chips in munny' idea whilst there are a pair of wealthy bloaters waiting in the wings to take over the club unopposed for next to nothing.

Why should Morton supporters be on the hook for DdFR's legacy of reckless decision making, and why should we be on the hook for funding anything when the incumbent new owners could fund it through their means?

View user profile
stalkton wrote:Seen this elsewhere. Rings kinda true to me.

Does anyone else see the parallels here between this and what is happening at Morton, where Crawfordjag is pleading poverty on behalf of his family, the squad is being assembled on a threadbare budget, some attention-seeker concocts some hairbrained 'ivry buddy chips in munny' idea whilst there are a pair of wealthy bloaters waiting in the wings to take over the club unopposed for next to nothing.

Why should Morton supporters be on the hook for DdFR's legacy of reckless decision making, and why should we be on the hook for funding anything when the incumbent new owners could fund it through their means?

Attention-seeker is one of their favourite phrases. What they really mean is, someone with a different opinion than they do. The irony is that if you call someone an attention-seeker, you make yourself look like an attention-seeker. Laughing

View user profile
BUT the point is valid/interesting surely?

View user profile
Being touted elsewhere that Rae sibs now run the club when their maw still owns the lot! Shocked

View user profile
theduffer wrote:Being touted elsewhere that Rae sibs now run the club when their maw still owns the lot! Shocked
Common knowledge up Kilmacush that old Mrs Rae got everything.

View user profile
Of course Mrs Rae got the lot. The nippers will only benefit once she joins Dougie. Mrs Rae was added to Companies House as a person with significant control almost immediately after Dougie died. To think she would go against Dougie's wishes is something I'll never believe.

View user profile
Johnny Bravo wrote:Of course Mrs Rae got the lot. The nippers will only benefit once she joins Dougie. Mrs Rae was added to Companies House as a person with significant control almost immediately after Dougie died. To think she would go against Dougie's wishes is something I'll never believe.
Mr. Rae was a lovely man.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum