Talk of the 'Ton
LOGIN HERE
Talk of the 'Ton

GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SIGNINGS THIS WEEK?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

126SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? - Page 6 Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:36 am

weemanTon

weemanTon
Mr Toon wrote:It depends who Hopkin has in mind. If it is a loan deal which is quite possible, then as with Kiltie last season it can take some time to be sorted out.
However points lost/won in September are of exactly the same value as of those in April so hopefully we get the necessary signings in very soon ie this week.
The window shuts in a week. Can we still get loans after that??

127SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? - Page 6 Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:21 am

hoppyton

hoppyton
Mr Toon wrote:It depends who Hopkin has in mind. If it is a loan deal which is quite possible, then as with Kiltie last season it can take some time to be sorted out.
However points lost/won in September are of exactly the same value as of those in April so hopefully we get the necessary signings in very soon ie this week.
The club has previous for last minute stuff. No excuse for not getting something sorted before the Caley game.

128SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? - Page 6 Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:01 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
I'd have thought we would have heard about a signing this morning. Sending Tumilty out on loan gave the impression that someone was waiting in the background. Surely they wouldn't have sent him out before a deal was done given that either Jacobs or McAlister could have picked up an injury on Friday night.

129SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? - Page 6 Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:13 pm

PLEDGERTON

PLEDGERTON
Quick Draw wrote:I'd have thought we would have heard about a signing this morning. Sending Tumilty out on loan gave the impression that someone was waiting in the background. Surely they wouldn't have sent him out before a deal was done given that either Jacobs or McAlister could have picked up an injury on Friday night.
I agree with your thinking but it doesn't have to be today surely!

130SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? - Page 6 Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:16 pm

Mr Toon

I thought that too. Still possible this afternoon I suppose, but can't see any rumours on Twitter or elsewhere.

131SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? - Page 6 Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:16 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
PLEDGERTON wrote:
Quick Draw wrote:I'd have thought we would have heard about a signing this morning. Sending Tumilty out on loan gave the impression that someone was waiting in the background. Surely they wouldn't have sent him out before a deal was done given that either Jacobs or McAlister could have picked up an injury on Friday night.

Sure, doesn't have to be today but the way Tumilty was loaned out on Friday morning suggested something was already a done deal.

132SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? - Page 6 Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:17 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
Mr Toon wrote:I thought that too. Still possible this afternoon I suppose, but can't see any rumours on Twitter or elsewhere.

It sounded to me that it was going to be a loan deal and they were maybe just waiting to get the weekend games out the way first. Hopefully later today or early tomorrow.

133SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? - Page 6 Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:39 pm

PLEDGERTON

PLEDGERTON
Quick Draw wrote:
PLEDGERTON wrote:

Sure, doesn't have to be today but the way Tumilty was loaned out on Friday morning suggested something was already a done deal.
The fact that Tumilty played on Saturday (I believe) might explain the Friday move while ours was too late for the Thistle game so no real urgency! Question

134SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? - Page 6 Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:53 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
No real urgency also means that someone could come in with a better offer for whoever it is. If it's a done deal, then get it over the line as soon as possible.

135SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? - Page 6 Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:56 pm

PLEDGERTON

PLEDGERTON
Quick Draw wrote:No real urgency also means that someone could come in with a better offer for whoever it is. If it's a done deal, then get it over the line as soon as possible.
No real urgency to publicise I meant, but aye, if it's a done deal what's the delay?

136SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? - Page 6 Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:10 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
It could be that the player in question is the one rumoured from Celtic last week. Steven Welsh I think his name was.

The are currently playing a game this afternoon. That might be the hold up.

137SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? - Page 6 Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:17 pm

weemanTon

weemanTon
Quick Draw wrote:It could be that the player in question is the one rumoured from Celtic last week. Steven Welsh I think his name was.

The are currently playing a game this afternoon. That might be the hold up.
Celtic mate says that boy's a good prospect.

138SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? - Page 6 Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:22 am

JCB

JCB
1/ Everybody including the management team acknowledges a weakness in defence.

2/ We've just put a first team regular defender out to loan.

3/ There's £6,000 coming in every month from MCT

4/ We have a match in three days time.

5/ Transfer window closes in six days.

6/ WHEN???

139SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? - Page 6 Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:58 am

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
Good points JCB. It's also slightly worrying that players signed this late won't be fully up to speed and still a few weeks away from being 100% match fit.

140SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? - Page 6 Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:03 am

Delton

Delton
Quick Draw wrote:Good points JCB. It's also slightly worrying that players signed this late won't be fully up to speed and still a few weeks away from being 100% match fit.
Depends - Sons got Tumilty and we might get an equiv from a bigger club.

141SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? - Page 6 Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:45 am

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
Delton wrote:
Quick Draw wrote:Good points JCB. It's also slightly worrying that players signed this late won't be fully up to speed and still a few weeks away from being 100% match fit.
Depends - Sons got Tumilty and we might get an equiv from a bigger club.

Not a chance we'll be signing anyone from a bigger club who has played already this season. It'll either be an out of contract player or a young player on loan from a bigger club.

Personally, I'm hoping for Paul Caddis and the Celtic reserve captain Stephen Welsh.

142SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? - Page 6 Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:12 pm

cowalton

cowalton
Oh well, another day of nothing but a reserve thrashing and apparent complacency about our victory over Partick with fans being told to 'lap it up'!

If Caley exploit that big defensive 'hole' I will be absolutely furious.

143SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? - Page 6 Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:41 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
It was obvious on Friday that Peter Grant shouldn't have started, he simply wasn't fit enough. Waiting this long to get defenders in, when Hoppy has publicly stated he needs to, is shocking.

144SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? - Page 6 Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:54 pm

hoppyton

hoppyton
We've now got fans who pledged almost £200k, but the silence is deafening. The board can't get of with it's need to know shit any more.

145SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? - Page 6 Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:06 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
Unfortunately until the current regime do one, that's the reality.

146SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? - Page 6 Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:41 am

theduffer

theduffer
£6k a month pays a lot of wage at our level - where's the new defender/s

147SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? - Page 6 Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:04 pm

weemanTon

weemanTon
Official site now banging on about a 'Blast from the past'. It's almost like they're takin' the piss! Mad

148SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? - Page 6 Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:15 pm

weemanTon

weemanTon
Welsh on loan till the end of the season - pleased with that one!

149SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? - Page 6 Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:17 pm

strapton

strapton
Nice one.

150SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? - Page 6 Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:18 pm

Wylie

Wylie
Not before time but happy with that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum