LOGIN HERE
Talk of the 'Ton

GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SIGNINGS THIS WEEK?

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

1SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? Empty SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:31 am

A very disappointing result on Saturday by a squad cobbled together on a shoestring budget, but the MCT money is now in the bank.

NO further excuses acceptable from our skint Chairman! pirat

View user profile

2SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:02 am

Don't know if it can happen as quickly as that JCB.

View user profile

3SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:17 am

PLEDGERTON wrote:Don't know if it can happen as quickly as that JCB.

Why not? The board has known for weeks that this money was coming in - in fact it's arguably an insult to MCT's integrity that they haven't signed more quality already! Exclamation

View user profile

4SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:36 am

JCB wrote:

Why not? The board has known for weeks that this money was coming in - in fact it's arguably an insult to MCT's integrity that they haven't signed more quality already! Exclamation

The ts and cs were only tied up very recently so nothing was guaranteed but I agree they should be getting a move on now.

View user profile

5SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:38 am

PLEDGERTON wrote:
JCB wrote:

The ts and cs were only tied up very recently so nothing was guaranteed but I agree they should be getting a move on now.

OK - point taken, but the manager still knew about the strong probability, so there should be signing targets out there RIGHT NOW!

View user profile

6SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:15 am

JCB wrote:A very disappointing result on Saturday by a squad cobbled together on a shoestring budget, but the MCT money is now in the bank.

NO further excuses acceptable from our skint Chairman! pirat

A man of many stories. Agreed - MCT is meant to be about a 'quality squad' so make it happen.

View user profile

7SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:34 am

Amen!

Sent from Topic'it App

View user profile

8SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:12 pm

The pitch by MCT was not about Directors on the board or freebies or fun days for those who contributed, but about money to go only and directly to David Hopkin in order to strengthen the squad.

After Saturday's disappointing result and very poor performance we need signings as a matter of urgency and if we don't see them it will inevitably result in some beginning to believe that MCT is not going to make any difference.

At that point pledges will begin to be cancelled, so action is needed principally for the team but also for the credibility of MCT.

View user profile

9SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:20 pm

Mr Toon wrote:The pitch by MCT was not about Directors on the board or freebies or fun days for those who contributed, but about money to go only and directly to David Hopkin in order to strengthen the squad.

After Saturday's disappointing result and very poor performance we need signings as a matter of urgency and if we don't see them it will inevitably result in some beginning to believe that MCT is not going to make any difference.

At that point pledges will begin to be cancelled, so action is needed principally for the team but also for the credibility of MCT.
Exactly. Not even sure how many of us give a toss about a minority shareholding - it's a decent squad we've been promised.

View user profile

10SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:45 pm

PLEDGERTON wrote:
Mr Toon wrote:The pitch by MCT was not about Directors on the board or freebies or fun days for those who contributed, but about money to go only and directly to David Hopkin in order to strengthen the squad.

Exactly. Not even sure how many of us give a toss about a minority shareholding - it's a decent squad we've been promised.
I'm pretty cynical about the whole show tbh. Bottom line Rae's been donated money to strengthen the squad so he better get it done!

View user profile

11SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:00 pm

The moneys in and we desperately need to strengthen. If the backroom boys haven’t already pinpointed targets there’s surely something far wrong.

Sent from Topic'it App

View user profile

12SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:09 pm

Im also in the cynical camp, Dont know Graham tbh and im sure hes probably a fine upstanding guy. But with mortons recent history and the behavior of some of their fans/hanger on's. Its enough to make anyone cynical.

If the money comes in reduces the debit and helps build a squad this year, then ill be in for next year. Until then ill watch from the stands.

View user profile

13SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:13 pm

Vito Brigante wrote:Im also in the cynical camp, Dont know Graham tbh and im sure hes probably a fine upstanding guy. But with mortons recent history and the behavior of some of their fans/hanger on's. Its enough to make anyone cynical.

If the money comes in reduces the debit and helps build a squad this year, then ill be in for next year. Until then ill watch from the stands.

Yes MCT is meant to be a good thing for a good club with a bad owner. Will good beat bad. we'll know soon enough. No

View user profile

14SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:46 pm

Vito Brigante wrote:Im also in the cynical camp, Dont know Graham tbh and im sure hes probably a fine upstanding guy. But with mortons recent history and the behavior of some of their fans/hanger on's. Its enough to make anyone cynical.

I've spoken to Graham by email recently and he doesn't appear to be anything other than a genuine guy with good intentions.

Some fans have asked what happens if people cancel the direct debits. My understanding of that is that the agreed monthly payment will still be covered by the amount of donations that they've received. What I mean by that is, if someone has donated say £1000, that would be divided by 24 and paid monthly along with the regular monthly pledgers. So there will be 'extra' money in the MCT kitty to ensure that the payments remain regular. I'd expect then that, if that did happen, the payments for the second year of the scheme would be altered accordingly.

View user profile

15SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:09 pm

Johnny Bravo wrote:

I've spoken to Graham by email recently and he doesn't appear to be anything other than a genuine guy with good intentions.

Some fans have asked what happens if people cancel the direct debits. My understanding of that is that the agreed monthly payment will still be covered by the amount of donations that they've received. What I mean by that is, if someone has donated say £1000, that would be divided by 24 and paid monthly along with the regular monthly pledgers. So there will be 'extra' money in the MCT kitty to ensure that the payments remain regular. I'd expect then that, if that did happen, the payments for the second year of the scheme would be altered accordingly.
Every way you look at it there's only one winner here and it's not the fans of Greenock Morton! Mad

View user profile

16SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:30 pm

OK so MCT is there to make a quality squad and the moneys in Rae's account. Well done to Graham and his team. Personally I think they are far too trusting but it's over to Mr. chairman now.

View user profile

17SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:08 am

theduffer wrote:OK so MCT is there to make a quality squad and the moneys in Rae's account. Well done to Graham and his team. Personally I think they are far too trusting but it's over to Mr. chairman now.
But it's a two way street Duff. If he breaks his side the money dries up.

View user profile

18SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:30 am

PLEDGERTON wrote:
theduffer wrote:OK so MCT is there to make a quality squad and the moneys in Rae's account. Well done to Graham and his team. Personally I think they are far too trusting but it's over to Mr. chairman now.
It's never going to work unless Rae stops slashing the budget. I reckon he'll just use the MCT dosh to keep more money in his hip pocket. Evil or Very Mad

View user profile

19SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:58 am

Wylie wrote:
PLEDGERTON wrote:
It's never going to work unless Rae stops slashing the budget. I reckon he'll just use the MCT dosh to keep more money in his hip pocket. Evil or Very Mad

That's going through most people's heads. He's made so many u-turns already and always blames other directors! No

View user profile

20SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:35 am

weemanTon wrote:
Wylie wrote:
PLEDGERTON wrote:

That's going through most people's heads. He's made so many u-turns already and always blames other directors! No
Yes, and what a joke the Tele touting Rae as some sort of philanthropist. I pulled out of MCT because of Rae's 'bargaining' with a debt that wasn't and isn't the fans' responsibility.

View user profile

21SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:22 am

Tomton wrote:
weemanTon wrote:
Wylie wrote:
PLEDGERTON wrote:

Yes, and what a joke the Tele touting Rae as some sort of philanthropist. I pulled out of MCT because of Rae's 'bargaining' with a debt that wasn't and isn't the fans' responsibility.
Talking Tele - there's a claim today that the MCT cash already in will be available to Hopkin as of now,
SO - watch that space!

View user profile

22SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:47 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? A10

View user profile http://gmfc1874.forumotion.com

23SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:35 pm

I'm no Mathematical genius but the sums just don't add up. MCT claim they've got £172k in pledges, that works out at 24 payments of £7200. They've just announced that Hoppy can sign 2 more players with the MCT money, that'll be £3600 a month each. That equates to a £43k a year player. Really!!!!!

View user profile

24SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:20 am

Johnny Bravo wrote:I'm no Mathematical genius but the sums just don't add up. MCT claim they've got £172k in pledges, that works out at 24 payments of £7200. They've just announced that Hoppy can sign 2 more players with the MCT money, that'll be £3600 a month each. That equates to a £43k a year player. Really!!!!!
Golf balls are getting quite expensive!

View user profile

25SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? Empty Re: SIGNINGS THIS WEEK? on Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:51 am

Johnny Bravo wrote:I'm no Mathematical genius but the sums just don't add up. MCT claim they've got £172k in pledges, that works out at 24 payments of £7200. They've just announced that Hoppy can sign 2 more players with the MCT money, that'll be £3600 a month each. That equates to a £43k a year player. Really!!!!!
Your quite a mixer Mad

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum