GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

MORTON CLUB TOGETHER

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1MORTON CLUB TOGETHER Empty MORTON CLUB TOGETHER on Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:20 pm

PLEDGERTON

PLEDGERTON
My first post here in a month and just to say that I have absolutely NO regrets at pulling my pledge. This latest 'signing' is being credited to the M.C.T. BOARD (and members - oh don't let's completely forget them yet)! happy

They've already come a long long way from their promise to ADD to the playing budget and boost the squad with quality players. More fool any who continue to pledge let alone join at this stage in Mr. McLennans flight of fancy!

2MORTON CLUB TOGETHER Empty Re: MORTON CLUB TOGETHER on Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:47 pm

SPIKE

PLEDGERTON wrote:My first post here in a month and just to say that I have absolutely NO regrets at pulling my pledge. This latest 'signing' is being credited to the M.C.T. BOARD (and members - oh don't let's completely forget them yet)! happy

They've already come a long long way from their promise to ADD to the playing budget and boost the squad with quality players. More fool any who continue to pledge let alone join at this stage in Mr. McLennans flight of fancy!

Mr. McLennans flight of fancy

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

3MORTON CLUB TOGETHER Empty Re: MORTON CLUB TOGETHER on Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:10 pm

SPIKE

should you change your user name to UNPLEDGERTON or DEPLEDGERTON?

4MORTON CLUB TOGETHER Empty Re: MORTON CLUB TOGETHER on Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:00 am

PLEDGERTON

PLEDGERTON
SPIKE wrote:

should you change your user name to UNPLEDGERTON or DEPLEDGERTON?

Probs!

Three days left in this transfer window, and with a decent striker and commanding centre half we'd walk into the playoffs but what do we get - another bloody SAM! sad

5MORTON CLUB TOGETHER Empty Re: MORTON CLUB TOGETHER on Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:17 am

SpaTon

SpaTon
I withdrew my pledge too. Raising money on false pretences (boosting the budget and adding quality to the squad) is tantamount to fraud. We pledged expecting to see improvement on the park - not Hawke style 'Sustainability'. This type of gobbledegook is an embarrassment IMO. The fans are being CONNED!

MORTON CLUB TOGETHER Screen14

6MORTON CLUB TOGETHER Empty Re: MORTON CLUB TOGETHER on Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:27 am

MuesliTon

MuesliTon
Fraud! Those guys are at least doing something to help the club, and don't try to tell me it doesn't need help!

7MORTON CLUB TOGETHER Empty Re: MORTON CLUB TOGETHER on Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:58 am

Ball de Ed

Ball de Ed
I see a rainbow and I want to paint it black! happy

8MORTON CLUB TOGETHER Empty Re: MORTON CLUB TOGETHER on Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:43 am

TonInDubai

TonInDubai
MCT has failed miserably to meet stated targets and fulfil initial promises. A good idea - it could have been SO different but it wasn't. All they're doing is inadequately drip feeding a club dying from malnutrition. New ownership or seaside leagues here we come!

9MORTON CLUB TOGETHER Empty Re: MORTON CLUB TOGETHER on Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:02 pm

BarrTon

BarrTon
Looks like MCT is turning a bit 'Marmite'.

I like the idea and am still pledging the basic but I'm growing tired of the constant shifting goalposts and whitewash. Just tell the truth FFS. You can't fool all of the people all of the time!

10MORTON CLUB TOGETHER Empty Re: MORTON CLUB TOGETHER on Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:26 pm

POD

POD

11MORTON CLUB TOGETHER Empty Re: MORTON CLUB TOGETHER on Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:45 pm

weemanTon

weemanTon
POD wrote:Interview with MCT here:  https://anchor.fm/footballCFB/episodes/Football-CFB-with----Morton-Club-Together-eab31k

Haha - those two can fair talk! Full marks for the new logo! cheers

12MORTON CLUB TOGETHER Empty Re: MORTON CLUB TOGETHER on Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:48 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
I'm sure the MCT team have good intentions but the fans want success now, not in a few years.

13MORTON CLUB TOGETHER Empty Re: MORTON CLUB TOGETHER on Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:22 am

SPIKE

Quick Draw wrote:I'm sure the MCT team have good intentions but the fans want success now, not in a few years.

14MORTON CLUB TOGETHER Empty Re: MORTON CLUB TOGETHER on Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:42 am

SPIKE

Quick Draw wrote:I'm sure the MCT team have good intentions but the fans want success now, not in a few years.

15MORTON CLUB TOGETHER Empty Re: MORTON CLUB TOGETHER on Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:43 pm

LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON
SPIKE wrote:

Always wear shoes or you'll burn your feet.

16MORTON CLUB TOGETHER Empty Re: MORTON CLUB TOGETHER on Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:19 pm

crabbyton

crabbyton
Said right from the start that MCT was a joke.

Every shite signing is now announced with a fanfare and signed out with 'Thanks to MCT without whom this would have been impossible'.

Pledgers are just chucking their hard earned dosh into Rae's shrinking petty cash tin. Disgusting! puke

17MORTON CLUB TOGETHER Empty Re: MORTON CLUB TOGETHER on Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:59 pm

SPIKE

crabbyton wrote:Said right from the start that MCT was a joke.

Every shite signing is now announced with a fanfare and signed out with 'Thanks to MCT without whom this would have been impossible'.

Pledgers are just chucking their hard earned dosh into Rae's shrinking petty cash tin. Disgusting! puke

Said right from the start that MCT was a joke.

Would be less of a joke with Gordon in charge.

18MORTON CLUB TOGETHER Empty Re: MORTON CLUB TOGETHER on Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:34 pm

BawhirleyTon

BawhirleyTon

It’s not the fundamental idea that disturbs me so much as the apparent delusion. If folk had rushed to support McLennan and the response had been overwhelming I guess most people would have saluted the initiative.
Instead there are some 400 sad sacks blindly dropping their pennies into Crawford Rae’s piggy bank.

19MORTON CLUB TOGETHER Empty Re: MORTON CLUB TOGETHER on Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:55 am

bigsanny

bigsanny
BawhirleyTon wrote:

It’s not the fundamental idea that disturbs me so much as the apparent delusion. If folk had rushed to support McLennan and the response had been overwhelming I guess most people would have saluted the initiative.
Instead there are some 400 sad sacks blindly dropping their pennies into Crawford Rae’s piggy bank.

Yes - I was in for £20 for the quality improvements etc. Talk about a con.

20MORTON CLUB TOGETHER Empty Re: MORTON CLUB TOGETHER on Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:38 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
MCT must be raging after yesterday's talk about the clubs finance. Their main aim was to reduce the clubs debt, it's now increased since they started.

Its clear as day for everyone to see now. MCT are being used to reduce the day to day running costs of the club.

THESE ARE FACTS.

21MORTON CLUB TOGETHER Empty Re: MORTON CLUB TOGETHER on Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:31 pm

PLEDGERTON

PLEDGERTON
According to Mr. McLennan (two months ago) the following are facts.

MORTON CLUB TOGETHER Screen12

22MORTON CLUB TOGETHER Empty Re: MORTON CLUB TOGETHER on Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:24 pm

Branchy

Johnny Bravo wrote:MCT must be raging after yesterday's talk about the clubs finance. Their main aim was to reduce the clubs debt, it's now increased since they started.

Its clear as day for everyone to see now. MCT are being used to reduce the day to day running costs of the club.

THESE ARE FACTS.

It's very hard to get facts about MCT because of the perpetual hype from McLennan. So far they've trawled in about £175k (that's a projection - not money in bank) of their targeted £400k and it's abundantly clear that the honeymoon is over. There have been no quality additions to the playing squad despite promises and the club is just spinning on the spot.

So I for one am calling McLennan out as a busted flush.

MORTON CLUB TOGETHER Screen16

The Rae family could write the debt off tomorrow of course. Never let that be forgotten.

23MORTON CLUB TOGETHER Empty Re: MORTON CLUB TOGETHER on Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:50 pm

JCB

JCB
Here's the last update from that other place - written by one of Mr McLennan's 'Leadership Team'.

BISHOP LEN BRENNAN

He prefers to sign himself as 'Dean' but according to the Bishop, 'everybody knows who everybody else is' - which surely begs the question? unsure

We'd also like to emphasise that we do not simply hand Crawford Rae a cheque every month. Our contribution is required to be used exclusively to supplement the first-team budget. We, as an organisation, aim to strike a comfortable balance between gaining accountability as to where our contribution is going and trusting the judgement of the manager and backroom staff.  I'd also like to reiterate that MCT do not, and will not seek to, have any input into the club's recruitment or recruitment policy.

In response to the point regarding another 'Save the Ton' campaign, we believe that prevention is better than a cure. The more successful and pro-active MCT is now, the further away we get from that particular scenario. While the short term may bear frustrations, our fundamental aim is to produce a debt-free Morton are we are taking strides towards that.

In response to your further post regarding the status of our 'Members Only' events, these events are one of the exclusive benefits of pledging to MCT. We have also held events open to any and all Morton fans, and we plan to organise more of these after the busy festive period. We would love to see you, and anyone else with questions for us, at one of these events to discuss the benefits of MCT further.

Thanks,
Dean.
Edited by MCT Team, 02 December 2019 - 07:27 AM.

24MORTON CLUB TOGETHER Empty Re: MORTON CLUB TOGETHER on Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:17 pm

PLEDGERTON

PLEDGERTON
JCB wrote:Here's the last update from that other place - written by one of Mr McLennan's 'Leadership Team'.

BISHOP LEN BRENNAN

He prefers to sign himself as 'Dean' but according to the Bishop, 'everybody knows who everybody else is' - which surely begs the question? unsure

We'd also like to emphasise that we do not simply hand Crawford Rae a cheque every month. Our contribution is required to be used exclusively to supplement the first-team budget. We, as an organisation, aim to strike a comfortable balance between gaining accountability as to where our contribution is going and trusting the judgement of the manager and backroom staff.  I'd also like to reiterate that MCT do not, and will not seek to, have any input into the club's recruitment or recruitment policy.

In response to the point regarding another 'Save the Ton' campaign, we believe that prevention is better than a cure. The more successful and pro-active MCT is now, the further away we get from that particular scenario. While the short term may bear frustrations, our fundamental aim is to produce a debt-free Morton are we are taking strides towards that.

In response to your further post regarding the status of our 'Members Only' events, these events are one of the exclusive benefits of pledging to MCT. We have also held events open to any and all Morton fans, and we plan to organise more of these after the busy festive period. We would love to see you, and anyone else with questions for us, at one of these events to discuss the benefits of MCT further.

Thanks,
Dean.
Edited by MCT Team, 02 December 2019 - 07:27 AM.

I'm glad somebody has exposed Dean McKinnon. Those who have taken an interest in MCT will remember the CFB podcast when Callum McFadden sat down with Graham and Stuart from Morton Club Together to discuss their aims and vision.

What do those two make of their Leadership Team member's recent lying attack on the podcaster?

MORTON CLUB TOGETHER Screen13

25MORTON CLUB TOGETHER Empty Re: MORTON CLUB TOGETHER on Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:37 pm

GeeDee

Is this the same guy?

MORTON CLUB TOGETHER Screen12

Edit - it seems to be the same avatar anyway.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum