Talk of the 'Ton
LOGIN HERE
Talk of the 'Ton

GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND.

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. Empty SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. on Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:29 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
Not impossible but a BIG ask!

SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. Screen10

http://gmfc1874.forumotion.com

2SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. Empty Re: SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. on Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:35 pm

EricTon

EricTon
Surprises always happen in the cup.

3SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. Empty Re: SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. on Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:45 pm

Dribbling Mongoose

Dribbling Mongoose
Yes it would just be like us to win and then get humped 6-0 off United!

4SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. Empty Re: SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. on Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:10 pm

TonInDubai

TonInDubai
Realistically we're going to take a drubbing unless they have an off day. Fingers crossed that they do!

5SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. Empty Re: SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. on Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:10 pm

Tomton

Tomton
It's just been one disappointment after another this season and maybe our luck's about to change.

6SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. Empty Re: SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. on Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:54 pm

LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON
Anyone remember Muirton Park? Great big ground, replaced by legoland.

We'll do well to take them back to Cappielow.

7SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. Empty Re: SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. on Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:51 am

baker street

baker street
LinwoodTON wrote:Anyone remember Muirton Park? Great big ground, replaced by legoland.

I vaguely remember going with the old man when I was just started high school. Did they not get a deal similar to the Midden for the new stand?

8SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. Empty Re: SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. on Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:08 am

Wylie

Wylie
baker street wrote:
LinwoodTON wrote:Anyone remember Muirton Park? Great big ground, replaced by legoland.

I vaguely remember going with the old man when I was just started high school. Did they not get a deal similar to the Midden for the new stand?
It was Asda that bought Muirton and Tesco bought Love street I think.

9SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. Empty Re: SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. on Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:25 pm

JCB

JCB
Regularly see winners from a lower division. If we play to our strengths, who knows?

10SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. Empty Re: SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. on Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:28 pm

Taggart

Taggart
To get a replay would be quite an achievement in my opinion

11SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. Empty Re: SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. on Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:21 pm

LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON
Wylie wrote:
baker street wrote:

Yes that's correct. The land which McDiarmid Park is on was donated by a local farmer if my memory is right.

12SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. Empty Re: SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. on Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:04 pm

weemanTon

weemanTon
Old McDiarmid had a farm: pig pig pig

A local farmer, Bruce McDiarmid, donated 16 acres of land at his Newton of Huntingtower Farm, on which the stadium now stands.The going rate for the land at that time would have been approximately £400,000 but Bruce McDiarmid saw a donation of his "berry and barley fields" as a gift to the people of Perth. At the insistence of St Johnstone he accepted a 20 per cent shareholding and the title of honorary president of the football club. McDiarmid died in 1999, aged 88

13SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. Empty Re: SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. on Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:12 pm

LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON
weemanTon wrote:Old McDiarmid had a farm: pig  pig  pig

A local farmer, Bruce McDiarmid, donated 16 acres of land at his Newton of Huntingtower Farm, on which the stadium now stands.The going rate for the land at that time would have been approximately £400,000 but Bruce McDiarmid saw a donation of his "berry and barley fields" as a gift to the people of Perth. At the insistence of St Johnstone he accepted a 20 per cent shareholding and the title of honorary president of the football club. McDiarmid died in 1999, aged 88

It's a pity our Chairman doesn't have the same community spirit as this guy did.

14SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. Empty Re: SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. on Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:44 pm

weemanTon

weemanTon
LinwoodTON wrote:
weemanTon wrote:Old McDiarmid had a farm: pig  pig  pig

It's a pity our Chairman doesn't have the same community spirit as this guy did.

SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. Downlo13

15SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. Empty Re: SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. on Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:22 pm

FannyTon

FannyTon
Everybody humming and hawing! We'll probably do well till near then end and then collapse. 3-1

16SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. Empty Re: SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. on Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:30 pm

wee Andy

wee Andy
Tossed a coin there and we're gonna win! Razz

17SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. Empty Re: SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. on Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:33 pm

Taggart

Taggart
Just can't see it.

18SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. Empty Re: SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. on Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:25 pm

wonderton

wonderton
Haven't been in Perth for over ten years and looking forward to the trip. No harm in a wee bit of optimism and I'll go 2-2

Alice

19SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. Empty Re: SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. on Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:24 am

SPIKE

Wylie wrote:
baker street wrote:

The days of supermarket chains buying football grounds will soon be gone.

If that is the Golden Casket plan, then they had better get their skates on.

20SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. Empty Re: SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. on Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:38 am

willowman

willowman
Sometimes the wee man wins! bounce bounce bounce bounce

Cheers Jim!

21SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. Empty Re: SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. on Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:29 am

hoppyton

hoppyton
2-1

22SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. Empty Re: SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. on Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:52 pm

Archieton

Archieton
I’m not usually optimistic about the Ton but I think we may spring a surprise on Saturday

23SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. Empty Re: SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. on Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:54 pm

Auld Cokey

Auld Cokey
1-1

24SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. Empty Re: SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. on Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:17 pm

SORENSEN

SORENSEN
It's been a horrible season and so was the one we beat the Tims. 0-1 We can do it here!

25SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. Empty Re: SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND. on Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:20 pm

bastardo

bastardo
Hopefully we'll bury the bastards! Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum