Talk of the 'Ton
LOGIN HERE
Talk of the 'Ton

GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

THE CURSE OF THE RAES.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26THE CURSE OF THE RAES. - Page 2 Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:19 pm

Delton

Delton
Can just see us about to get kicked out of league 2 after MCT takes over and the 500 Cappielow regulars screaming ‘Sack the board’ happy

27THE CURSE OF THE RAES. - Page 2 Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:57 am

Holmscroft Street

Holmscroft Street
I said over ten years ago that if Crawford Rae ever got his hands on the club we were doomed. I worked 'under' him at GC and he was a complete tool I.M.O.

28THE CURSE OF THE RAES. - Page 2 Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:53 pm

weemanTon

weemanTon
Holmscroft Street wrote:I said over ten years ago that if Crawford Rae ever got his hands on the club we were doomed. I worked 'under' him at GC and he was a complete tool I.M.O.
They do make good sweeties though.

29THE CURSE OF THE RAES. - Page 2 Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:38 am

fatsyb

fatsyb
weemanTon wrote:
Holmscroft Street wrote:I said over ten years ago that if Crawford Rae ever got his hands on the club we were doomed. I worked 'under' him at GC and he was a complete tool I.M.O.
I love their peppermint creams

30THE CURSE OF THE RAES. - Page 2 Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:42 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
fatsyb wrote:
weemanTon wrote:
I love their peppermint creams

Chocolate Italian Creams for me.

31THE CURSE OF THE RAES. - Page 2 Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:56 pm

Dribbling Mongoose

Dribbling Mongoose
They should fling the lot of them in boiling sugar for the way they're treating the Club.

32THE CURSE OF THE RAES. - Page 2 Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:38 pm

peejay

peejay
Dribbling Mongoose wrote:They should fling the lot of them in boiling sugar for the way they're treating the Club.
Surprised thu eesdails haven't tried something like that tbh

33THE CURSE OF THE RAES. - Page 2 Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:42 pm

stalkton

stalkton
peejay wrote:
Dribbling Mongoose wrote:They should fling the lot of them in boiling sugar for the way they're treating the Club.
Jesus! unsure

34THE CURSE OF THE RAES. - Page 2 Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:23 am

LundersTON

LundersTON
peejay wrote:
The rumour is that they're part of a consortium looking at the whole GC enterprise.

35THE CURSE OF THE RAES. - Page 2 Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:29 am

SPIKE

LundersTON wrote:
peejay wrote:
The rumour is that they're part of a consortium looking at the whole GC enterprise.

Bus companies are on the way out.

Sugar/confectionery is going the way of tobacco.

The best days of GC are long gone.

36THE CURSE OF THE RAES. - Page 2 Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:51 am

LundersTON

LundersTON
SPIKE wrote:
LundersTON wrote:
peejay wrote:

Do you like cinnamon balls?

37THE CURSE OF THE RAES. - Page 2 Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:55 am

SPIKE

Never had any.

Happy with the ones I have.

38THE CURSE OF THE RAES. - Page 2 Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:06 am

weemanTon

weemanTon
SPIKE wrote:

Never had any.

THE CURSE OF THE RAES. - Page 2 Screen49

39THE CURSE OF THE RAES. - Page 2 Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:10 am

SPIKE

weemanTon wrote:
SPIKE wrote:

Never had any.

THE CURSE OF THE RAES. - Page 2 Screen49

How much sugar please?

40THE CURSE OF THE RAES. - Page 2 Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:16 am

weemanTon

weemanTon
THE CURSE OF THE RAES. - Page 2 Screen50

41THE CURSE OF THE RAES. - Page 2 Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:19 am

SPIKE

weemanTon wrote:THE CURSE OF THE RAES. - Page 2 Screen50

Officially called the Soft Drinks Industry Levy (SDIL), the tax puts a charge of 24p on drinks containing 8g of sugar per 100ml and 18p a litre on those with 5-8g of sugar per 100ml, directly payable by manufacturers to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

The time bomb is ticking.

42THE CURSE OF THE RAES. - Page 2 Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:01 pm

TOMBton

TOMBton
THE CURSE OF THE RAES. - Page 2 Downlo10

43THE CURSE OF THE RAES. - Page 2 Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:03 pm

SPIKE

TOMBton wrote:THE CURSE OF THE RAES. - Page 2 Downlo10

well dunn Guy

44THE CURSE OF THE RAES. - Page 2 Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:39 pm

SPIKE

LundersTON wrote:
peejay wrote:

Looks like a rather risky future to me.

https://www.beveragedaily.com/Article/2019/09/09/Snack-tax-may-be-more-effective-than-soda-tax-in-obesity-fight-BMJ-study

45THE CURSE OF THE RAES. - Page 2 Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:35 pm

hairymary

hairymary
People will always pay for sweeties

46THE CURSE OF THE RAES. - Page 2 Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:29 pm

LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON
SPIKE wrote:
LundersTON wrote:
peejay wrote:

Fat kids are on the up too. Won't be long before they try to call child obesity a disease.

47THE CURSE OF THE RAES. - Page 2 Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:48 pm

SPIKE

LinwoodTON wrote:
SPIKE wrote:
LundersTON wrote:
peejay wrote:

Fat kids are on the up too. Won't be long before they try to call child obesity a disease.

A snack tax of 20% on biscuits, cakes and sweets would have “a huge impact” on obesity levels in the UK and be more effective than the current levy on colas and other sugary drinks, say experts.

But the idea may struggle to get past the current government. Boris Johnson took a stand against “sin stealth taxes” in July, ordering a review and opposing plans to extend the sugary drinks tax to milkshakes, which he said “seems to me to clobber those who can least afford it”.

Researchers writing in the British Medical Journal say the UK’s love of sweet snacks means it should consider taxing food as well as drinks, which would lead to a drop in sales especially among families where obesity is a problem and incomes are low.

48THE CURSE OF THE RAES. - Page 2 Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:01 pm

wee Andy

wee Andy
SPIKE wrote:
LinwoodTON wrote:
SPIKE wrote:
LundersTON wrote:
peejay wrote:

A snack tax of 20% on biscuits, cakes and sweets would have “a huge impact” on obesity levels in the UK and be more effective than the current levy on colas and other sugary drinks, say experts.

But the idea may struggle to get past the current government. Boris Johnson took a stand against “sin stealth taxes” in July, ordering a review and opposing plans to extend the sugary drinks tax to milkshakes, which he said “seems to me to clobber those who can least afford it”.

Researchers writing in the British Medical Journal say the UK’s love of sweet snacks means it should consider taxing food as well as drinks, which would lead to a drop in sales especially among families where obesity is a problem and incomes are low.

They could start by closing down every bloody McDonalds in the country.

49THE CURSE OF THE RAES. - Page 2 Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:03 pm

LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON
SPIKE wrote:
LinwoodTON wrote:
SPIKE wrote:
LundersTON wrote:
peejay wrote:

My own thoughts are that taxing food is the wrong way to do it.

The cost to exercise in the UK is extortionate and that makes it near impossible for low paid/unemployed people to take part. Lower the costs of that and real progress will be made.

50THE CURSE OF THE RAES. - Page 2 Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:04 pm

LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON
wee Andy wrote:
SPIKE wrote:
LinwoodTON wrote:
SPIKE wrote:
LundersTON wrote:
peejay wrote:

They could start by closing down every bloody McDonalds in the country.

Where will I have my breakfast?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum