Talk of the 'Ton
LOGIN HERE
Talk of the 'Ton

GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

THE CURSE OF THE RAES.

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1THE CURSE OF THE RAES. Empty THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:50 am

kincaids

kincaids
After yet another week of Morton in the media for the wrong reasons, is it uncharitable to talk about the curse of the Raes?

Douglas Rae was almost universally hailed as the philanthropic millionaire who SAVED our club, but warning signs were apparent from early days. Critics were few and far between, and those who dared to voice concern were shouted down by an adoring flock. It's all history now!

That Dougie was a true Morton fan ought not to be taken away from his legacy. It's the only bit that doesn't stink, and now his devious money grabbing sprogs have all but abandoned the Club we love. We have been cursed by the Raes.

2THE CURSE OF THE RAES. Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:57 am

SPIKE

Where is Professor Pickett these days?

Without him, DDFR would not have had his own way.

3THE CURSE OF THE RAES. Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:27 am

kincaids

kincaids
SPIKE wrote:

'Jim' Pickett predeceased Douglas by two years. He was almost ninety.

4THE CURSE OF THE RAES. Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:33 am

SPIKE

kincaids wrote:
SPIKE wrote:

I suppose one should not speak ill of the dead.

5THE CURSE OF THE RAES. Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:37 am

kincaids

kincaids
SPIKE wrote:
kincaids wrote:
SPIKE wrote:

Heil Hitler! lol!

6THE CURSE OF THE RAES. Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:11 am

SPIKE

kincaids wrote:
SPIKE wrote:
kincaids wrote:
SPIKE wrote:

Heil Hitler! lol!

? ? ? ?

please translate.

7THE CURSE OF THE RAES. Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:46 am

kincaids

kincaids
SPIKE wrote:
kincaids wrote:
SPIKE wrote:
kincaids wrote:
SPIKE wrote:

Heil Hitler! lol!

? ? ? ?

please translate.

Hail Hitler.

8THE CURSE OF THE RAES. Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:52 am

SPIKE

kincaids wrote:
SPIKE wrote:
kincaids wrote:
SPIKE wrote:
kincaids wrote:
SPIKE wrote:

Heil Hitler! lol!

? ? ? ?

please translate.

Hail Hitler.

Still makes no sense.

9THE CURSE OF THE RAES. Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:22 am

kincaids

kincaids
SPIKE wrote:
kincaids wrote:
SPIKE wrote:
kincaids wrote:
SPIKE wrote:
kincaids wrote:
SPIKE wrote:

Heil Hitler! lol!

? ? ? ?

please translate.

Hail Hitler.

Still makes no sense.
CLUE - I suppose one should not speak ill of the dead.

10THE CURSE OF THE RAES. Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:37 am

SPIKE

kincaids wrote:
SPIKE wrote:
kincaids wrote:
SPIKE wrote:
kincaids wrote:
SPIKE wrote:
kincaids wrote:
SPIKE wrote:

Heil Hitler! lol!

? ? ? ?

please translate.

Hail Hitler.

Still makes no sense.
CLUE - I suppose one should not speak ill of the dead.

Is there a pun that has gone over my head?

11THE CURSE OF THE RAES. Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:44 am

kincaids

kincaids
NO

12THE CURSE OF THE RAES. Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:51 am

SPIKE

Hitler is dead.

The professor is dead.

DDFR is dead.

? ? ?

13THE CURSE OF THE RAES. Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:55 am

kincaids

kincaids
Hitler is dead - and not to speak ill of said Hitler:

'Heil Hitler.'

Would you prefer - 'Douglas Rae saved our Club - let that never be forgotten'?

14THE CURSE OF THE RAES. Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:17 am

SPIKE

professor Pickett was the saviour.

15THE CURSE OF THE RAES. Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:35 am

kincaids

kincaids
SPIKE wrote:

professor Pickett was the saviour.

In fairness to the Prof., he was presented with a very successful, and apparently respected and respectable local businessman who was an avid Morton fan and appeared to have ample resources to get the Club back on track.

16THE CURSE OF THE RAES. Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:40 am

SPIKE

Perhaps Allan McGraw could share the truth with you.

17THE CURSE OF THE RAES. Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:49 am

kincaids

kincaids
SPIKE wrote:

Perhaps Allan McGraw could share the truth with you.

Are you party to said 'truth' and if so, please share.

18THE CURSE OF THE RAES. Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:57 am

SPIKE

Quick Draw knows more than I.

19THE CURSE OF THE RAES. Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:29 pm

JCB

JCB
A couple of good results and a kick up the backside for the trolls doesn’t alter the fact that the Club’s at best treading water. I entirely agree that we’ve been cursed by the Rae family. Wee Morton play Big St. Johnstone on Saturday. That says it all!

20THE CURSE OF THE RAES. Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:48 pm

BawhirleyTon

BawhirleyTon
Until every last vestige of Rae has been purged from our Club there will still be folk scared to speak openly. That in itself is an indictment of their insular arrogance and ultimate dismissive greed.

21THE CURSE OF THE RAES. Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:00 pm

clochbrae

kincaids wrote:After yet another week of Morton in the media for the wrong reasons, is it uncharitable to talk about the curse of the Raes?

Douglas Rae was almost universally hailed as the philanthropic millionaire who SAVED our club, but warning signs were apparent from early days. Critics were few and far between, and those who dared to voice concern were shouted down by an adoring flock. It's all history now!

That Dougie was a true Morton fan ought not to be taken away from his legacy. It's the only bit that doesn't stink, and now his devious money grabbing sprogs have all but abandoned the Club we love. We have been cursed by the Raes.
I get the impression that the Raes are just using the club as some sort of bargaining chip in the bigger scheme of things.

22THE CURSE OF THE RAES. Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:42 pm

cloch

cloch
kincaids wrote:After yet another week of Morton in the media for the wrong reasons, is it uncharitable to talk about the curse of the Raes?

True to the last word. SURELY our luck is about to change soon.

23THE CURSE OF THE RAES. Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:08 am

J Dunn

cloch wrote:

True to the last word. SURELY our luck is about to change soon.
At least wee Shug was up front about being a cunt!

24THE CURSE OF THE RAES. Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:13 pm

bastardo

bastardo
Found this elsewhere - made me smile!

THE CURSE OF THE RAES. Fotofl10

25THE CURSE OF THE RAES. Empty Re: THE CURSE OF THE RAES. on Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:04 pm

LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON
bastardo wrote:Found this elsewhere - made me smile!

THE CURSE OF THE RAES. Fotofl10

I've saw that before. Laughing

On a serious note, nearly twenty years and we've gone absolutely nowhere, that's what they'll be remembered for now. Oh, and the two million debt around our necks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum