Talk of the 'Ton
LOGIN HERE
Talk of the 'Ton

GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK Empty THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK on Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:28 pm

kidston

kidston
Our Christmas gift to the club, thanks to our members, is that we're able to up contributions by another £1,000 a month, taking it to £7,000 per month we're contributing.

Keep on bailing chaps!

THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK Giphy.gif?cid=790b7611260c83367ba9c9804e5748a3c19d824e08534815&rid=giphy

2THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK Empty Re: THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK on Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:54 pm

Gibbyton

Gibbyton
christmas gift christ those cunts are WAY up there own arseholes

3THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK Empty Re: THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK on Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:08 pm

weemanTon

weemanTon
All descendants of stokers on the Titanic I believe. Evil or Very Mad

4THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK Empty Re: THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK on Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:36 pm

BawhirleyTon

BawhirleyTon
Agreed. The whole thing is beginning to stink of self-righteous sycophancy now that Mr. Mclennan is safely installed in the boardroom.

5THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK Empty Re: THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK on Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:44 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
A perfect example of why fan groups shouldn't be anywhere near running a football club.

6THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK Empty Re: THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK on Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:55 pm

stuarton

stuarton
Johnny Bravo wrote:A perfect example of why fan groups shouldn't be anywhere near running a football club.
Your spot on

7THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK Empty Re: THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK on Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:22 pm

acdc

acdc
Oh ffs give the guys a break - they're only trying to help the Ton.

8THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK Empty Re: THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK on Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:44 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
acdc wrote:Oh ffs give the guys a break - they're only trying to help the Ton.

They're only helping the Raes.

9THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK Empty Re: THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK on Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:52 pm

bastardo

bastardo
But the Raes are the Ton - even if the sensible fans want rid of them

10THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK Empty Re: THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK on Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:54 pm

SPIKE

Johnny Bravo wrote:

They're only helping the Raes.

And getting worthless shares just as the GMST did.

11THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK Empty Re: THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK on Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:00 pm

SPIKE

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Or should that be highway.

12THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK Empty Re: THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK on Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:02 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
bastardo wrote:But the Raes are the Ton - even if the sensible fans want rid of them

The 'Ton will still be there when the Raes finally do one.

13THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK Empty Re: THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK on Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:05 pm

SPIKE

Johnny Bravo wrote:
bastardo wrote:But the Raes are the Ton - even if the sensible fans want rid of them

The 'Ton will still be there when the Raes finally do one.

The 'Ton MAY still be there when the Raes finally do one.

14THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK Empty Re: THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK on Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:04 am

TonInDubai

TonInDubai
When MCT kicked off, the general belief seemed to be that Crawford Rae's spending had been restricted by unnamed newcomers to the B.O.D. of the parent company. He had boasted of a three year plan and ambition to take the 'Ton to the top in honour of his deceased father.

Since then it has become clear that there was no such change in the running of Golden Casket which is still family Rae through and through, AND that said family Rae is unwilling to spend adequately on our club.

MCT pledgers never intended money to be GIFTED to family Rae. They were promised tangible improvements to the playing staff which have failed to materialise.

It is sickening to say the least.

15THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK Empty Re: THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK on Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:44 pm

LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON
TonInDubai wrote:When MCT kicked off, the general belief seemed to be that Crawford Rae's spending had been restricted by unnamed newcomers to the B.O.D. of the parent company. He had boasted of a three year plan and ambition to take the 'Ton to the top in honour of his deceased father.

Since then it has become clear that there was no such change in the running of Golden Casket which is still family Rae through and through, AND that said family Rae is unwilling to spend adequately on our club.

MCT pledgers never intended money to be GIFTED to family Rae. They were promised tangible improvements to the playing staff which have failed to materialise.

For me, the most telling 'lie' from MCT was the change of direction from 'quality squad' to 'quality future'. Sure we all want the future to be bright but they are quite clearly naming their best piece of business the contract extensions of Lyon and Strapp. That's all very good but it doesn't alter the quality of the squad for this season in any way. That was their initial promise.

What we are seeing is a clear start to the club being owned by the fans.

16THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK Empty Re: THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK on Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:19 pm

Archieton

Archieton
LinwoodTON wrote:
TonInDubai wrote:When MCT kicked off, the general belief seemed to be that Crawford Rae's spending had been restricted by unnamed newcomers to the B.O.D. of the parent company. He had boasted of a three year plan and ambition to take the 'Ton to the top in honour of his deceased father.

For me, the most telling 'lie' from MCT was the change of direction from 'quality squad' to 'quality future'. Sure we all want the future to be bright but they are quite clearly naming their best piece of business the contract extensions of Lyon and Strapp. That's all very good but it doesn't alter the quality of the squad for this season in any way. That was their initial promise.

If that is true we might as well pack it in right now. We need a change of ownership with proper stewardship - not abandonment to your Stuart Duncans and Graham McLennans who will still protest their innocence as the club is expelled from league two.

17THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK Empty Re: THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK on Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:47 pm

JerseyTon

JerseyTon
kidston wrote:Our Christmas gift to the club, thanks to our members, is that we're able to up contributions by another £1,000 a month, taking it to £7,000 per month we're contributing.

Keep on bailing chaps!

THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK Giphy.gif?cid=790b7611260c83367ba9c9804e5748a3c19d824e08534815&rid=giphy
Frankly I couldn't have put it better. McLennan's silvery tongued sales patter was always nauseating but at least there was benefit of doubt about his sincerity.

Now it seems perfectly clear that he is nothing but a Rae lapdog. puke

18THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK Empty Re: THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK on Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:11 am

kincaids

kincaids

Agreed that the majority of folk involved ARE only trying to help the 'Ton. That's what happens with crusades. Trouble is that it's well nigh impossible to pull out without looking like a rat deserting a sinking ship.

19THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK Empty Re: THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK on Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:26 am

BawhirleyTon

BawhirleyTon
No doubt their feasibility study will prove to be as phoney as the rest of their extravaganza of failure.They promised to make things better and now they want us to join them in the seaside leagues, while Crawford Rae laughs all the way to the 19th hole!

Our well-intentioned pledgers have been conned I.M.O! puke

https://www.thegreenockmortonforum.com/t35-breaking-news

20THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK Empty Re: THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK on Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:31 am

kidston

kidston
So one minute they were going to bring quality players in - THAT'S WHAT THEY SAID PLEDGERS - then they were making 'Christmas gifts' to the Club, and now - only a couple of weeks later - the truth emerges.

MCT appears to be a scam to get the Rae family off the hook.

'Fan ownership' - if properly structured and adequately funded - might work for Morton, but almost 20 years of profligate Raegime have left the fanbase emasculated, fragmented, and disillusioned. M.C.T. will NEVER achieve its target while the product on the park continues to deteriorate, and a 'feasibility study' of the current scenario is farcical.

It's new ownership or a continuing downward spiral to the lower leagues. Thank you Golden Casket.

21THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK Empty Re: THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK on Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:47 pm

Archieton

Archieton
BawhirleyTon wrote:No doubt their feasibility study will prove to be as phoney as the rest of their extravaganza of failure.They promised to make things better and now they want us to join them in the seaside leagues, while Crawford Rae laughs all the way to the 19th hole!

Our well-intentioned pledgers have been conned I.M.O! puke

https://www.thegreenockmortonforum.com/t35-breaking-news

They have failed because there's simply not enough interest. The majority has had enough!

When you've risen from unknown punter to celebrity fan/club director in a few short months it must be hard to kiss it all goodbye! happy

22THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK Empty Re: THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK on Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:14 pm

LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON
Archieton wrote:
They have failed because there's simply not enough interest. The majority has had enough!

When you've risen from unknown punter to celebrity fan/club director in a few short months it must be hard to kiss it all goodbye! happy

I think everyone's initial suspicions were that it would be impossible to know if the club would simply cut the budget, then make it up again with MCT money. That's still not been explained how they have overseen that aspect.

I think the correct way to have done it was one that was actually suggested by our old friend Bumshaften. Instead of rushing it all through for the start of the season, maybe they should have taken a whole season to raise funds from the first year so they would have had a lump sum for the next season. That way if the club were to set a budget in pre-season of say £600k, MCT could have bumped that up by another £200k, then held them to account for that in a far easier way.

23THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK Empty Re: THIS MAKES ME FEEL SICK on Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:48 pm

baker street

baker street
MCT needs to be viable, properly funded, and overseen by experienced folk with integrity.
It's the last bit that seems to stick in folk's craws.

The fans are being asked to pledge hard earned cash to underwrite a wonderful new Morton when they're just trying (and failing) to keep the wolf from the door.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum