Talk of the 'Ton
LOGIN HERE
Talk of the 'Ton

GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? Empty The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? on Sun 22 Dec 2019 - 21:56

SPIKE

The new turnstiles?

The Midden stand?

Other?

2The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? Empty Re: The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? on Sun 22 Dec 2019 - 21:59

bridget erskine

bridget erskine
Where to start! sad

3The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? Empty Re: The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? on Sun 22 Dec 2019 - 22:00

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
£3m debt.

4The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? Empty Re: The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? on Sun 22 Dec 2019 - 22:00

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
SPIKE wrote:

The new turnstiles?

The Midden stand?

Other?

Are you suggesting the Raes bought the Midden Stand?

5The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? Empty Re: The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? on Sun 22 Dec 2019 - 22:05

SPIKE

Quick Draw wrote:
SPIKE wrote:

The new turnstiles?

The Midden stand?

Other?

Are you suggesting the Raes bought the Midden Stand?

QD, I know what you know.

6The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? Empty Re: The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? on Sun 22 Dec 2019 - 22:07

SPIKE

Quick Draw wrote:£3m debt.

The debt consists of many "investments" in assets such as the new turnstiles,the Midden stand, inadequate managers and poor players..

7The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? Empty Re: The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? on Sun 22 Dec 2019 - 22:13

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
SPIKE wrote:

The debt consists of many "investments" in assets such as the new turnstiles,the Midden stand, inadequate managers and poor players..

As far as I know, the turnstiles were paid for by grants, at least the majority of the cost of them were.

Another part of the debt was from trying to buy success, trying and failing to buy our way out the lower leagues was a big embarrassment for them.

Overall though, bad management and the inability to create income from non-playing sources has been the biggest cause of the debt.

8The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? Empty Re: The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? on Sun 22 Dec 2019 - 22:16

Edwards

Edwards
bridget erskine wrote:Where to start! sad
Exactly - a legacy of blinkered and arrogant profligacy celebrated by the Tele and numerous brown nosed acolytes as salvation and philanthropy.

Rae did NOT save our club. Other hats were in the ring, but he did effectively kill the club before departing and leaving the mess to his money grabbing beneficiaries.

9The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? Empty Re: The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? on Sun 22 Dec 2019 - 22:19

SPIKE

Quick Draw wrote:
SPIKE wrote:

As far as I know, the turnstiles were paid for by grants, at least the majority of the cost of them were.

Another part of the debt was from trying to buy success, trying and failing to buy our way out the lower leagues was a big embarrassment for them.

Overall though, bad management and the inability to create income from non-playing sources has been the biggest cause of the debt.

Government grants?

10The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? Empty Re: The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? on Sun 22 Dec 2019 - 22:30

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
SPIKE wrote:
Quick Draw wrote:
SPIKE wrote:

Government grants?

Some kind of sports grants, not sure.

EDIT: This: https://thescottishfootballpartnership.com/facilities-award-for-greenock-morton-f-c-2/

11The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? Empty Re: The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? on Sun 22 Dec 2019 - 22:32

SPIKE

The Raes milking the taxpayers as well as the supporters.

12The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? Empty Re: The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? on Sun 22 Dec 2019 - 22:32

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
SPIKE wrote:

The Raes milking the taxpayers as well as the supporters.

See my previous post for edit.

13The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? Empty Re: The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? on Sun 22 Dec 2019 - 22:44

stalkton

stalkton
Nice to see statements getting backed up. Always makes me laugh when the wee fannies elsewhere bang on about the budget when they haven’t a fucking clue. The whole Rae thing is really sad because the old fucker was so deluded and ended up blaming us fans

14The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? Empty Re: The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? on Sun 22 Dec 2019 - 22:46

SPIKE

Delusion is very different to dementia.

15The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? Empty Re: The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? on Sun 22 Dec 2019 - 22:48

SPIKE

Quick Draw wrote:
SPIKE wrote:
Quick Draw wrote:
SPIKE wrote:

Government grants?

EDIT: This: https://thescottishfootballpartnership.com/facilities-award-for-greenock-morton-f-c-2/

What a disgraceful waste of taxpayers' money.

16The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? Empty Re: The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? on Sun 22 Dec 2019 - 23:00

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
SPIKE wrote:
Quick Draw wrote:
SPIKE wrote:
Quick Draw wrote:
SPIKE wrote:

Government grants?

What a disgraceful waste of taxpayers' money.

To be fair, the old turnstiles were getting a bit 'tight' for today's average person. I agree though, private companies shouldn't benefit from taxpayers.

17The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? Empty Re: The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? on Mon 23 Dec 2019 - 7:17

MegaTon

MegaTon
A whole generation of potential fans lost. That's one Hell of a wastage.

18The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? Empty Re: The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? on Mon 23 Dec 2019 - 8:37

SPIKE

MegaTon wrote:A whole generation of potential fans lost. That's one Hell of a wastage.

Will we EVER see a full house at Cappielow?

19The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? Empty Re: The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? on Mon 23 Dec 2019 - 10:11

HamilTON

HamilTON
see also Garry O'Connor & Nacho Novo lol!

20The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? Empty Re: The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? on Mon 23 Dec 2019 - 10:28

SPIKE

Add sacking Andy Bryan to the list.

21The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? Empty Re: The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? on Mon 23 Dec 2019 - 13:33

McHughR

McHughR
HamilTON wrote:see also Garry O'Connor & Nacho Novo lol!
Aye - those signings were mental and Big Sanny's never worked out either, though his goal against Killie was a beezer!

22The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? Empty Re: The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? on Mon 23 Dec 2019 - 15:20

Clownshoes

Clownshoes
The Raes saved the club, lets not forget that. Without them we'd be going to Asda Cappielow on a Saturday.

23The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? Empty Re: The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? on Mon 23 Dec 2019 - 19:38

willyTon

willyTon
Clownshoes wrote:The Raes saved the club, lets not forget that. Without them we'd be going to Asda Cappielow on a Saturday.
Better value for money matey! happy

24The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? Empty Re: The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? on Mon 23 Dec 2019 - 20:26

The Toad

The Toad
Clownshoes wrote:The Raes saved the club, lets not forget that. Without them we'd be going to Asda Cappielow on a Saturday.
Something that the majority choose to forget.

25The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? Empty Re: The Greatest Waste of the Rae Regime? on Mon 23 Dec 2019 - 20:35

SPIKE

The Toad wrote:
Something that the majority choose to forget.

It is the victors who write history.

I am sure that DDFR thanked the professor until his dying day.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum