Talk of the 'Ton
LOGIN HERE
Talk of the 'Ton

GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? Empty ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? on Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 8:16

cowalton

cowalton
I still have confidence in Hoppy. Some of his selections have seemed bizarre (persisting with Ramsbottom for example) but as fans, we just DON'T know what's going on behind closed doors and we are on a shoestring budget.

Hopeful that we'll start climbing the league as of this Saturday (which just happens to be the darkest day of the season)!

2ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? Empty Re: ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? on Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 8:27

BarrTon

BarrTon
Correct that we don't know the inner workings but just look at that league table. It's not very encouraging.

3ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? Empty Re: ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? on Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 8:40

campbellton

campbellton
Same happened with duffy and he was getting horrible abused, then it all picked up and we got into playoffs

Folk need to be patient

4ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? Empty Re: ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? on Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 8:56

TugTon

TugTon
Saturday is definately the cruncher for Hoppy

5ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? Empty Re: ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? on Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 9:24

SPIKE

[quote="TugTon"]Saturday is definately the cruncher for Hoppy[/quote]

Hoppy is not going anywhere.

6ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? Empty Re: ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? on Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 11:08

cluggerTon

cluggerTon
SPIKE wrote:
TugTon wrote:Saturday is definately the cruncher for Hoppy[/quote]

How do you know that?

7ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? Empty Re: ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? on Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 12:16

RSlicker

RSlicker
cowalton wrote:I still have confidence in Hoppy. Some of his selections have seemed bizarre (persisting with Ramsbottom for example) but as fans, we just DON'T know what's going on behind closed doors and we are on a shoestring budget.

Hopeful that we'll start climbing the league as of this Saturday (which just happens to be the darkest day of the season)!
Yes, I said right from the start that Mr Hopkin knows what he's about.

8ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? Empty Re: ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? on Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 12:48

stuarton

stuarton
BarrTon wrote:Correct that we don't know the inner workings but just look at that league table. It's not very encouraging.
Your spot on

9ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? Empty Re: ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? on Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 17:42

everTon

Things can hardly get any wose

10ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? Empty Re: ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? on Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 19:55

LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON
This season feels very much like the relegation season of six years ago. Back then we held onto Moore too long, we're going to do the same with Hopkin.

11ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? Empty Re: ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? on Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 20:03

FTW

LinwoodTON wrote:This season feels very much like the relegation season of six years ago. Back then we held onto Moore too long, we're going to do the same with Hopkin.

Wasn't wee Moorey's fault though

12ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? Empty Re: ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? on Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 20:22

LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON
FTW wrote:
LinwoodTON wrote:This season feels very much like the relegation season of six years ago. Back then we held onto Moore too long, we're going to do the same with Hopkin.

So if we get relegated this year, is it Hoppy's fault?

13ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? Empty Re: ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? on Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 20:28

FTW

LinwoodTON wrote:
FTW wrote:

I'll decide when/if it happens!

14ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? Empty Re: ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? on Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 20:34

LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON
FTW wrote:
LinwoodTON wrote:
FTW wrote:

So why wasn't it Moore's fault?

15ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? Empty Re: ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? on Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 20:41

FTW

LinwoodTON wrote:
FTW wrote:
LinwoodTON wrote:
FTW wrote:

Why was it?

16ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? Empty Re: ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? on Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 20:44

LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON
FTW wrote:
LinwoodTON wrote:
FTW wrote:
LinwoodTON wrote:
FTW wrote:

Why was it?

I didn't say it was mate.

17ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? Empty Re: ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? on Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 20:52

FTW

True!

18ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? Empty Re: ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? on Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 22:16

SPIKE

cluggerTon wrote:
SPIKE wrote:

How do you know that?

Would you walk with a 3 year deal?

19ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? Empty Re: ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? on Fri 20 Dec 2019 - 7:23

kingsTON

kingsTON

Moore could/should have built on a fairly successful season with continued funding. He had to build a squad all over because Rae slashed the budget. Expectations were unreasonable and he was dismissed.

Hopkin has known from day one that he's been set a difficult task. It's a tight and unpredictable league and we're not yet half way through. We won't be relegated I.M.O., and survival will be hailed as a triumph. That's where we are right now. 'When rape is inevitable......' thumbs down

20ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? Empty Re: ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? on Fri 20 Dec 2019 - 10:06

GreenoakTon

GreenoakTon
Well, there's improvement and improvement. Comfortable mid-table would certainly be 'improvement' on where we are right now but real improvement will only come when the poison is removed from our club.

21ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? Empty Re: ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? on Fri 20 Dec 2019 - 10:52

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
SPIKE wrote:
cluggerTon wrote:
SPIKE wrote:

How do you know that?

I've heard that a million times in football Spike, it just doesn't wash.

People chuck full time jobs every day, and that's from jobs that are potentially much longer than 3 year deals.

22ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? Empty Re: ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? on Fri 20 Dec 2019 - 17:59

BawhirleyTon

BawhirleyTon
cowalton wrote:I still have confidence in Hoppy. Some of his selections have seemed bizarre (persisting with Ramsbottom for example) but as fans, we just DON'T know what's going on behind closed doors and we are on a shoestring budget.

I don't have confidence in anybody or anything at Cappielow right now. The whole place just STINKS.

23ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? Empty Re: ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? on Fri 20 Dec 2019 - 20:25

SPIKE

Johnny Bravo wrote:
SPIKE wrote:
cluggerTon wrote:
SPIKE wrote:

How do you know that?

I've heard that a million times in football Spike, it just doesn't wash.

People chuck full time jobs every day, and that's from jobs that are potentially much longer than 3 year deals.

Well, he's not at Cappielow for the money, is he?

24ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? Empty Re: ARE THINGS ABOUT TO IMPROVE? on Sat 21 Dec 2019 - 18:33

sutTon

sutTon

We did, and long may it continue.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum