Talk of the 'Ton
LOGIN HERE
Talk of the 'Ton

GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE. - Page 2 Empty Re: IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE. on Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:46 pm

tonto

tonto
cassidy wrote:There's an awful lot of anti-Rae feeling about. Don't forget that without the Raes the club might be dead.

It's the final analysis that matters and it's the Raes and nobody else that own Golden Casket. They could write off the so called 'debt' (run up by father Rae, and owed to mother Rae and sprogs) tomorrow and let the Club go for 1p.

SO - as far as I'm concerned the Rae family has been an unmitigated disaster for Morton.

27IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE. - Page 2 Empty Re: IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE. on Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:19 pm

kincaids

kincaids
The old boy bought the Club with good intentions and I genuinely believe he never wanted it burdened with the 'debt' owed by Rae to Rae!

The good intentions went when Dougie did. The rest can go and fuck themselves instead of our club!

28IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE. - Page 2 Empty Re: IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE. on Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:38 am

wonderton

wonderton
kincaids wrote:The old boy bought the Club with good intentions and I genuinely believe he never wanted it burdened with the 'debt' owed by Rae to Rae!

The good intentions went when Dougie did. The rest can go and fuck themselves instead of our club!
What infuriates me is that Golden Casket could sustain a Championship level club given proper delegation - something Dougie never bothered with. Instead they've just abandoned it and LIED about not being able to afford further losses.

Alice.

29IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE. - Page 2 Empty Re: IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE. on Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:43 pm

SPIKE

tonto wrote:
cassidy wrote:There's an awful lot of anti-Rae feeling about. Don't forget that without the Raes the club might be dead.

It's the final analysis that matters and it's the Raes and nobody else that own Golden Casket. They could write off the so called 'debt' (run up by father Rae, and owed to mother Rae and sprogs) tomorrow and let the Club go for 1p.

SO - as far as I'm concerned the Rae family has been an unmitigated disaster for Morton.

The way that they and the professor blocked McGraw's Consortium was criminal.

30IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE. - Page 2 Empty Re: IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE. on Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:07 pm

Edwards

Edwards
I see somebody's calling for a 'Boycott'. What exactly is that when it's at Cappielow? We're already under the 1000 mark for a Saturday game in the Scottish Cup. You'll always have a very hard core of mindless lemmings.

31IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE. - Page 2 Empty Re: IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE. on Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:16 pm

big sandy

big sandy
Edwards wrote:I see somebody's calling for a 'Boycott'. What exactly is that when it's at Cappielow? We're already under the 1000 mark for a Saturday game in the Scottish Cup. You'll always have a very hard core of mindless lemmings.
Was that people’s champion or some other self-obsessed no-mark?

32IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE. - Page 2 Empty Re: IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE. on Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:11 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
Edwards wrote:I see somebody's calling for a 'Boycott'. What exactly is that when it's at Cappielow? We're already under the 1000 mark for a Saturday game in the Scottish Cup. You'll always have a very hard core of mindless lemmings.

There's been an ongoing boycott for about ten years, since the end of Auld Dougie's first five year plan. Those people who promised not to come back until the Raes are gone will probably never be back.

33IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE. - Page 2 Empty Re: IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE. on Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:44 pm

TonInDubai

TonInDubai
Johnny Bravo wrote:

There's been an ongoing boycott for about ten years, since the end of Auld Dougie's first five year plan. Those people who promised not to come back until the Raes are gone will probably never be back.
Not so sure about ten years. There was still some 'feel good' stuff until wee Moore's squad blew it at Firhill. After that Dougie 'spat the dummy'.

It wouldn't happen overnight, but with a new owner willing to spend a wee bit to get up a division, the crowds would start to come back.

34IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE. - Page 2 Empty Re: IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE. on Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:10 am

LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON
Change at the club would have to coincide with a good team on the park for fans to come back. If that doesn't happen, only promotion will bring them back, in my opinion.

35IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE. - Page 2 Empty Re: IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE. on Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:03 am

big sandy

big sandy
If you spotted a good wee player down the Battery you might be tempted to watch his next game. Football is supposed to be about entertainment and folk will always pay to be entertained.

36IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE. - Page 2 Empty Re: IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE. on Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:29 pm

GreenoakTon

GreenoakTon
TonInDubai wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

Not so sure about ten years. There was still some 'feel good' stuff until wee Moore's squad blew it at Firhill. After that Dougie 'spat the dummy'.

It wouldn't happen overnight, but with a new owner willing to spend a wee bit to get up a division, the crowds would start to come back.

If Douglas Rae had been able to delegate wisely from day one and make the same amount of money available who knows where we'd be now. In the final analysis he just looked like a silly old fool playing with his toy and then taking the huff when the punters started to fall away. By the time the budget was slashed his dementia was affecting his decisions, Hawke was giving 'advice', and the writing was already on the wall!

Time for change - it sure is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum