Talk of the 'Ton

GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mark Farrell Gone !!

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Mark Farrell Gone !! Empty Mark Farrell Gone !! on Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:45 pm

Morton&Proud

Paper said it was for a new job , I hear it's down to a big blow up with Anton . Anton was quite abusive .. Also not the first member of staff to have issues with Anton . Seems a lovely bloke :face_palm

Big loss for the club Mark Farrell Gone !! Inboun10

2Mark Farrell Gone !! Empty Re: Mark Farrell Gone !! on Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:58 pm

toddyton

toddyton
Are you able to confirm formally that Mark has actually left the club. There's been nothing official so far as I can see.

3Mark Farrell Gone !! Empty Re: Mark Farrell Gone !! on Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:02 pm

Morton&Proud

I've heard the same story from multiple unrelated people , I'd love to be wrong on this

4Mark Farrell Gone !! Empty Re: Mark Farrell Gone !! on Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:22 pm

toddyton

toddyton
Morton&Proud wrote:I've heard the same story from multiple unrelated people , I'd love to be wrong on this
Thanks, and I'm sure all 'Ton fans would hate to see Mark go. Once/if we have official confirmation we'll post it on 'Breaking News'.

5Mark Farrell Gone !! Empty Re: Mark Farrell Gone !! on Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:21 am

SPIKE

If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Buy Greenock Morton FC.

Mark Farrell

6Mark Farrell Gone !! Empty Re: Mark Farrell Gone !! on Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:23 am

John McDonald

John McDonald
Just a tabloid comment so far - nothing official about this - all very strange!

7Mark Farrell Gone !! Empty Re: Mark Farrell Gone !! on Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:33 am

MortonDog

MortonDog
Would hate to lose Mark. Fantastic servant to the Club and a superb professional.

8Mark Farrell Gone !! Empty Re: Mark Farrell Gone !! on Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:19 am

baker street

baker street
I see some clown on the other place suggesting that any old golf green-keeper could maintain Cappielow part-time. Could be trolling I suppose. Folk just haven't a clue about what's involved in keeping a pitch in top notch condition.

9Mark Farrell Gone !! Empty Re: Mark Farrell Gone !! on Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:32 am

Morton&Proud

Who's next to fall foul of Anton , Multiple clear air meetings with other staff and now Mark Gone ????

10Mark Farrell Gone !! Empty Re: Mark Farrell Gone !! on Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:00 am

toddyton

toddyton
It looks as though we have indeed lost Mark's services!

Mark Farrell Gone !! Screen11

11Mark Farrell Gone !! Empty Re: Mark Farrell Gone !! on Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:52 am

toddyton

toddyton
Morton&Proud wrote:Who's next to fall foul of Anton , Multiple clear air meetings with other staff and now Mark Gone ????
Are you able to clarify the position for the other posters, as you seem to have some inside knowledge?

It appears from the 'Tele' report that Mark Farrell had a 'bust up' with Mr. McElhone AFTER he had secured a new job, but you mention 'multiple clear air meetings'.

Was this 'bust up' the first difference between Mark and Anton?

12Mark Farrell Gone !! Empty Re: Mark Farrell Gone !! on Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:51 pm

Morton&Proud

Not just with Mark , let's just say he had upset a few people . Not the first time he has threw the huff and threatened to quit either

13Mark Farrell Gone !! Empty Re: Mark Farrell Gone !! on Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:12 pm

toddyton

toddyton
Morton&Proud wrote:Not just with Mark , let's just say he had upset a few people . Not the first time he has threw the huff and threatened to quit either
Do you think that Mr McElhone’s behaviour was the direct cause of Mark’s seeking alternative employment?

14Mark Farrell Gone !! Empty Re: Mark Farrell Gone !! on Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:48 pm

Archieton

Archieton
This is a 'copy and paste' from someone 'in the know'.

'Can't believe folk actually believe what's printed in the Telegraph.

Mark handed his notice in on Saturday evening, having notified CEO previously that he had an offer.

All players left the pitch at 1715 and Mark went to turn off the floodlights, as normal.

Between him leaving the pitch and going to the switch room (at Sinclair St turnstiles), a player decided to go back on the pitch for some further training. Mark returns to the pitch area and confronted by Assistant Manager. The abuse and language aimed at Mark, inches from his face and witnessed by many was a disgrace.

Intimidation, Aggression and bullying has no place in anyone's place of work, and everyone should be treated with the same respect and dignity.

Mark Farrell has been a tremendous servant to the club, often going above and beyond the call of duty. He has a young family to look after and I, along with I would imagine the vast majority of the support, wish him well in his future career.

It's a bloody shame his time at Morton is ending in this manner.'

15Mark Farrell Gone !! Empty Re: Mark Farrell Gone !! on Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:06 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
I'm surprised Mark Farrell has stayed for so long to be honest, his reputation is second to none.

Always thought this McElhone guy was a bit of a knob. Probably just needs a good slap.

16Mark Farrell Gone !! Empty Re: Mark Farrell Gone !! on Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:15 pm

BruTon

BruTon
Johnny Bravo wrote:I'm surprised Mark Farrell has stayed for so long to be honest, his reputation is second to none.

Always thought this McElhone guy was a bit of a knob. Probably just needs a good slap.
The helmet?

17Mark Farrell Gone !! Empty Re: Mark Farrell Gone !! on Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:24 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
BruTon wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:I'm surprised Mark Farrell has stayed for so long to be honest, his reputation is second to none.

The helmet?

You what mate?

18Mark Farrell Gone !! Empty Re: Mark Farrell Gone !! on Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:28 pm

BruTon

BruTon
Bit of a knob = the helmet JB!

19Mark Farrell Gone !! Empty Re: Mark Farrell Gone !! on Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:31 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
BruTon wrote:Bit of a knob = the helmet JB!

It's been a long day. Sleep

20Mark Farrell Gone !! Empty Re: Mark Farrell Gone !! on Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:36 pm

LadyHail

LadyHail
The McElhone fellow comes over as a bit of a tit.

21Mark Farrell Gone !! Empty Re: Mark Farrell Gone !! on Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:09 pm

KMacB

Anton Nipple McElhone

22Mark Farrell Gone !! Empty Re: Mark Farrell Gone !! on Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:25 pm

JJB

KMacB wrote:Anton Nipple McElhone
Morton’s very own sports sighin’ tit.

23Mark Farrell Gone !! Empty Re: Mark Farrell Gone !! on Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:41 pm

tubby

tubby
Anton decked!????

24Mark Farrell Gone !! Empty Re: Mark Farrell Gone !! on Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:44 am

McElmoan

McElmoan
tubby wrote:Anton decked!????
Very funny - NOT - ya wee fat turd.

25Mark Farrell Gone !! Empty Re: Mark Farrell Gone !! on Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:25 am

SPIKE

Two munny oaf dem McElmoans iph ewe ask mee.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum