Talk of the 'Ton

GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

THE BIGGER PICTURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1THE BIGGER PICTURE Empty THE BIGGER PICTURE on Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:20 pm

Tomton

Tomton
Plenty of knee jerking tonight from those who were drooling over David Hopkin's appointment, but the bigger picture  is that Crawford Rae has effectively washed his hands of the club.

The quality of the squad is extremely poor - as much a reflection of Rae's penny-pinching as of Hopkin's alleged incompetence - and anyway - who enlisted Hopkin in the first place?

As for MCT - they're all going to 'pull their pledges'. Don't hold your breath for that! puke

2THE BIGGER PICTURE Empty Re: THE BIGGER PICTURE on Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:00 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
People pulling their pledges will make absolutely no difference to the Rae family.

3THE BIGGER PICTURE Empty Re: THE BIGGER PICTURE on Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:22 pm

SPIKE

Will Golden Casket still be trading long after their time at Morton is forgotten?

4THE BIGGER PICTURE Empty Re: THE BIGGER PICTURE on Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:56 pm

stalkton

stalkton
Hopefully in a couple of seasons

5THE BIGGER PICTURE Empty Re: THE BIGGER PICTURE on Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:45 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
Didn't see the MCT guy alongside the other directors at Firhill yesterday. Is he still kidding on he's a real man of the people and standing with the real fans?

6THE BIGGER PICTURE Empty Re: THE BIGGER PICTURE on Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:16 pm

stalkton

stalkton
Quick Draw wrote:Didn't see the MCT guy alongside the other directors at Firhill yesterday. Is he still kidding on he's a real man of the people and standing with the real fans?
Maybe doing a can collection for another goalie

7THE BIGGER PICTURE Empty Re: THE BIGGER PICTURE on Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:18 am

GeeDee

Tomton wrote:Plenty of knee jerking tonight from those who were drooling over David Hopkin's appointment, but the bigger picture  is that Crawford Rae has effectively washed his hands of the club.

The quality of the squad is extremely poor - as much a reflection of Rae's penny-pinching as of Hopkin's alleged incompetence - and anyway - who enlisted Hopkin in the first place?

As for MCT - they're all going to 'pull their pledges'. Don't hold your breath for that! puke
All that shite about three year plans fucked up by others - CR hasn't the baws to tell the truth! puke
Wants shot of the Club but also wants as much as possible. Disgusting.
THE BIGGER PICTURE Screen10

8THE BIGGER PICTURE Empty Re: THE BIGGER PICTURE on Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:17 am

the undertaker

the undertaker
Very hard to understand how it all went tits up

9THE BIGGER PICTURE Empty Re: THE BIGGER PICTURE on Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:09 am

JCB

JCB
Crawford Rae may or may not be a liar, but the Rae family (DDFR's widow and her three children) have total control of Golden Casket, so it's clear that the Rae family is no longer willing to sustain our Club.

10THE BIGGER PICTURE Empty Re: THE BIGGER PICTURE on Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:22 am

Alf Hucker

Alf Hucker
Yes they own the club and can do whatever they like with the club. They could bequeath it to the Little Sisters of the Poor, but they are too busy pleading poverty themselves. Rich bastards that they are! Evil or Very Mad

11THE BIGGER PICTURE Empty Re: THE BIGGER PICTURE on Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:33 am

wonderton

wonderton
I had some respect for Mr Rae senior because he promised that the debt he ran up would never be a burden on the club.

Since his death we seem to be in the hands of people who are only driven by greed.

Alice.

12THE BIGGER PICTURE Empty Re: THE BIGGER PICTURE on Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:45 am

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
wonderton wrote:I had some respect for Mr Rae senior because he promised that the debt he ran up would never be a burden on the club.

Since his death we seem to be in the hands of people who are only driven by greed.

Alice.

There's certainly a new respect for old Dougie in my mind since his death, after seeing how Crawford Rae has made a complete arse of it.

13THE BIGGER PICTURE Empty Re: THE BIGGER PICTURE on Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:04 am

Archieton

Archieton
wonderton wrote:I had some respect for Mr Rae senior because he promised that the debt he ran up would never be a burden on the club.

Alice.
Don't know about the greed bit but a wee touch of honesty would go a long way.

14THE BIGGER PICTURE Empty Re: THE BIGGER PICTURE on Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:48 am

Tomton

Tomton
Archieton wrote:

Alice.
Don't know about the greed bit but a wee touch of honesty would go a long way.
That's the nub of the matter. We've been fed story after story by the Chairman and also by MCT who pulled in some £150k on the strength of promises of a quality squad. Now their Mr. McLennan is apparently sitting on his hands in the Directors box with nothing left to say for himself while folk call for Hoppy's head.

Morton fans eh! Sometimes I think they get exactly what they deserve.

15THE BIGGER PICTURE Empty Re: THE BIGGER PICTURE on Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:24 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
At least they won't have to advertise for a new manager when Hoppy goes. There are more than a few Morton fans who know exactly where Hoppy is going wrong and exactly how to fix it. At least that's the shit they like to come away with.

16THE BIGGER PICTURE Empty Re: THE BIGGER PICTURE on Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:39 pm

bastardo

bastardo

Alice.
Yip - greedy bastards! thumbs down

17THE BIGGER PICTURE Empty Re: THE BIGGER PICTURE on Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:28 pm

kidston

kidston
The bigger picture - eh?

Here we have a man who guided another Championship club to the Premiership persisting week after week with inexplicable team selections and bizarre tactics.

There's hidden agenda in my book.

18THE BIGGER PICTURE Empty Re: THE BIGGER PICTURE on Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:38 pm

feeney

feeney
kidston wrote:The bigger picture - eh?

Here we have a man who guided another Championship club to the Premiership persisting week after week with inexplicable team selections and bizarre tactics.

The Secret Seven? happy

19THE BIGGER PICTURE Empty Re: THE BIGGER PICTURE on Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:23 pm

burnsroad

burnsroad
kidston wrote:The bigger picture - eh?

Exactly what they were saying in the local after the game. Hoppy isn't daft and he isn't inexperienced either. Ramsbottom is maybe the best example and his tactics when they dropped to ten were pure mental. Something is'nt right.

20THE BIGGER PICTURE Empty Re: THE BIGGER PICTURE on Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:57 pm

stalkton

stalkton
The squad is pure shite though. Didn’t need Hoppy to tell Jimbo and Midge what was needed when they dropped to ten. I Poor show all round

21THE BIGGER PICTURE Empty Re: THE BIGGER PICTURE on Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:18 pm

vaperton

vaperton
We had Scott and we survived. Now we have Rae Junior. We will still survive.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum