Talk of the 'Ton

GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

LEWIS STRAPP

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1LEWIS STRAPP Empty LEWIS STRAPP on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:19 pm

JCB

JCB
I see young Strapp has extended his contract until June 2022. I've only seen him in a few televised matches and thought he looked quite promising and he certainly knows how to take a shy!

Anybody been following his progress at Cappielow?

2LEWIS STRAPP Empty Re: LEWIS STRAPP on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:42 pm

stalkton

stalkton
JCB wrote:I see young Strapp has extended his contract until June 2022. I've only seen him in a few televised matches and thought he looked quite promising and he certainly knows how to take a shy!

Only seen him twice in pretty crap defence so hard to be sure. Massive throw in. The old man thinks he’s a prospect

3LEWIS STRAPP Empty Re: LEWIS STRAPP on Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:05 pm

bigsanny

bigsanny
A few years ago everybody was raving about young Russell being the next Jim Holmes. Truth is that we haven’t uncovered a real gem this century, so I don’t hold out a lot of hope.

4LEWIS STRAPP Empty Re: LEWIS STRAPP on Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:19 pm

BarrTon

BarrTon
If Lyon and Strapp were that good they wouldn't be stuck at Cappielow - no harm to either boy - but we're so used to seeing crap that every wee sparkle and it's the bloody crown jewels.

5LEWIS STRAPP Empty Re: LEWIS STRAPP on Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:28 pm

strapton

strapton
BarrTon wrote:If Lyon and Strapp were that good they wouldn't be stuck at Cappielow - no harm to either boy - but we're so used to seeing crap that every wee sparkle and it's the bloody crown jewels.
Lewis isn't 'stuck at Cappielow'. He and the Club know that if something much better comes along it will benefit both. At the moment he's just a nineteen year old local lad learning his trade with a manager he respects and I wish there were more like him.

6LEWIS STRAPP Empty Re: LEWIS STRAPP on Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:52 pm

clochbrae

BarrTon wrote:If Lyon and Strapp were that good they wouldn't be stuck at Cappielow - no harm to either boy - but we're so used to seeing crap that every wee sparkle and it's the bloody crown jewels.
Like the last poster said mate - they're anything but 'stuck'. Agree about the crap though!

7LEWIS STRAPP Empty Re: LEWIS STRAPP on Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:27 pm

wonderton

wonderton
JCB wrote:I see young Strapp has extended his contract until June 2022. I've only seen him in a few televised matches and thought he looked quite promising and he certainly knows how to take a shy!

My better half has watched him since he was about twelve and raves about him. Alice

8LEWIS STRAPP Empty Re: LEWIS STRAPP on Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:51 pm

MidTon

MidTon

He’s no world beater but a damned site better than most of the crap we’re stuck with

9LEWIS STRAPP Empty Re: LEWIS STRAPP on Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:00 am

Paddy

Paddy
Strapp is a strong boy and a solid defender most of all. I think he has a good future in football.

10LEWIS STRAPP Empty Re: LEWIS STRAPP on Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:55 am

Mr Toon

Lewis Strapp is a really good prospect, and is far from stuck. Morton have already turned down a bid from Celtic albeit a few years ago when Strapp's mum said to the Greenock Telegraph that she told Celtic that if they wanted to watch him playing they could come to Cappielow.
He is an excellent defender but is good going forward too and is as hard as nails.
His throw ins are a bonus and for those who remember Paartalu's, Stapp's are better.
If MCT funding has enabled this deal then it's money well invested since he is at present our best asset.

11LEWIS STRAPP Empty Re: LEWIS STRAPP on Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:23 am

stalkton

stalkton
Mr Toon wrote:Lewis Strapp is a really good prospect, and is far from stuck. Morton have already turned down a bid from Celtic albeit a few years ago when Strapp's mum said to the Greenock Telegraph that she told Celtic that if they wanted to watch him playing they could come to Cappielow.
He is an excellent defender but is good going forward too and is as hard as nails.
His throw ins are a bonus and for those who remember Paartalu's, Stapp's are better.
If MCT funding has enabled this deal then it's money well invested since he is at present our best asset.
Thought that was meant to be Lyons

12LEWIS STRAPP Empty Re: LEWIS STRAPP on Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:50 am

SpaTon

SpaTon
stalkton wrote:
Mr Toon wrote:Lewis Strapp is a really good prospect, and is far from stuck. Morton have already turned down a bid from Celtic albeit a few years ago when Strapp's mum said to the Greenock Telegraph that she told Celtic that if they wanted to watch him playing they could come to Cappielow.
So did I especially after all the trumpet fanfares from MCT. Not been happy at all with where my money's going, and now they're not even saying they helped to get Strapp.LEWIS STRAPP Screen22

13LEWIS STRAPP Empty Re: LEWIS STRAPP on Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:23 pm

PLEDGERTON

PLEDGERTON
SpaTon wrote:
stalkton wrote:
So did I especially after all the trumpet fanfares from MCT. Not been happy at all with where my money's going, and now they're not even saying they helped to get Strapp.LEWIS STRAPP Screen22
They are if you look for it but it's definitely not as 'loud' - in fact Graham has gone strangely quiet since he became a Club director. Hopefully he's not thinking 'Job done'.

LEWIS STRAPP Screen23

14LEWIS STRAPP Empty Re: LEWIS STRAPP on Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:54 pm

stalkton

stalkton
Happened with McCall Duncan and Robinson mate - you don’t get in that boardroom unless you kiss ass

15LEWIS STRAPP Empty Re: LEWIS STRAPP on Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:15 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
Excellent news. Not sure what kind of signing on fee he'd get for that but I'd doubt it was that much. Great wee player but needs to keep an eye on his discipline, can get a bit too involved at times.

16LEWIS STRAPP Empty Re: LEWIS STRAPP on Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:28 pm

connellton

Yes, it's nice to see one of our own lads being played in his natural position for a change.

17LEWIS STRAPP Empty Re: LEWIS STRAPP on Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:47 pm

the welshman

the welshman
stalkton wrote:Happened with McCall Duncan and Robinson    mate - you don’t get in that boardroom unless you kiss ass
Worse than the fucking masons thumbs down

18LEWIS STRAPP Empty Re: LEWIS STRAPP on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:11 am

9 Strathblane Crescent

Young Strapp is a pure product of the Club's youth initiative.

19LEWIS STRAPP Empty Re: LEWIS STRAPP on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:26 am

MuesliTon

MuesliTon
Great news for the Club.

20LEWIS STRAPP Empty Re: LEWIS STRAPP on Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:14 am

Branchy

Dreamed last night that the Thistle goalie fumbled one of his long throws ins and big Sutton knocked in the winner!

21LEWIS STRAPP Empty Re: LEWIS STRAPP on Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:26 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
Branchy wrote:Dreamed last night that the Thistle goalie fumbled one of his long throws ins and big Sutton knocked in the winner!

Lightning never strikes twice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum