GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TAXI FOR HOPKIN?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1TAXI FOR HOPKIN? Empty TAXI FOR HOPKIN? on Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:02 am

JCB

JCB
Universal disgust with last night's debacle inevitably raises the question, but Hoppy is contracted for three years, so either he walks or stays!

With almost three quarters of a season still to go, a victory next Saturday will ensure respite for the ginger one.

It's a funny old game.

2TAXI FOR HOPKIN? Empty Re: TAXI FOR HOPKIN? on Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:57 am

Auld Cokey

Auld Cokey
The season when JD got us into the playoffs had an all time low when he was getting a great deal of personal abuse - I remember 'slaphead' but there was a lot worse!

Hopefully DH can retrieve the situation.

3TAXI FOR HOPKIN? Empty Re: TAXI FOR HOPKIN? on Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:01 am

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
With the club currently on a sustainability drive, surely it would be an Úber.

4TAXI FOR HOPKIN? Empty Re: TAXI FOR HOPKIN? on Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:40 pm

BawhirleyTon

BawhirleyTon
Inevitable that the conspiracy theories are beginning to surface. Hoppy (the Easdale puppet) is trying to reduce the value of the club by getting us relegated, and has already bet his life savings on promotion the following season!

It's fun being a 'Ton fan in 2019! big grin

5TAXI FOR HOPKIN? Empty Re: TAXI FOR HOPKIN? on Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:54 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
BawhirleyTon wrote:Inevitable that the conspiracy theories are beginning to surface. Hoppy (the Easdale puppet) is trying to reduce the value of the club by getting us relegated, and has already bet his life savings on promotion the following season!

There's little to no chance that's what's happening. The value of the club won't even change in Crawford Raes head if we were relegated.

It's pretty clear in my head that the Easdales don't want the club. Why they are still be allowed to stink the place out is anyone's guess.

6TAXI FOR HOPKIN? Empty Re: TAXI FOR HOPKIN? on Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:11 pm

BawhirleyTon

BawhirleyTon
Quick Draw wrote:
BawhirleyTon wrote:Inevitable that the conspiracy theories are beginning to surface. Hoppy (the Easdale puppet) is trying to reduce the value of the club by getting us relegated, and has already bet his life savings on promotion the following season!

There's little to no chance that's what's happening. The value of the club won't even change in Crawford Raes head if we were relegated.

It's pretty clear in my head that the Easdales don't want the club. Why they are still be allowed to stink the place out is anyone's guess.
So long as they continue to contribute they will be made welcome - just like the eejits who painted the cowshed. puke

7TAXI FOR HOPKIN? Empty Re: TAXI FOR HOPKIN? on Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:20 pm

FTW

I see Alloa and Thistle both lost today which is a wee bit of a lifeline for Hoppy. Really have to beat Thistle next week.

8TAXI FOR HOPKIN? Empty Re: TAXI FOR HOPKIN? on Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:29 pm

SPIKE

FTW wrote:I see Alloa and Thistle both lost today which is a wee bit of a lifeline for Hoppy. Really have to beat Thistle next week.

In the other place, there was an opinion expressed that Hopkin is doing the job as a hobby.

He must have made a good amount playing for Chelsea, Crystal Place and Leeds over 8 seasons.

He had a 53% win rate at Livingston and it's only 33% at Cappielow.

Looks like a 3 year sinecure to me.

9TAXI FOR HOPKIN? Empty Re: TAXI FOR HOPKIN? on Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:57 am

weemanTon

weemanTon
SPIKE wrote:
FTW wrote:I see Alloa and Thistle both lost today which is a wee bit of a lifeline for Hoppy. Really have to beat Thistle next week.

In the other place, there was an opinion expressed that Hopkin is doing the job as a hobby.

He must have made a good amount playing for Chelsea, Crystal Place and Leeds over 8 seasons.

He had a 53% win rate at Livingston and it's only 33% at Cappielow.

Looks like a 3 year sinecure to me.
Some even suggesting he’s on the Easdale’s payroll! unsure

10TAXI FOR HOPKIN? Empty Re: TAXI FOR HOPKIN? on Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:12 am

MidTon

MidTon
Eejits

11TAXI FOR HOPKIN? Empty Re: TAXI FOR HOPKIN? on Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:52 am

Ball de Ed

Ball de Ed
When we grab the three points on Saturday, Hoppy will once again rule.

12TAXI FOR HOPKIN? Empty Re: TAXI FOR HOPKIN? on Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:19 pm

Branchy

Nothing more seesaw than the fortunes of football managers. Saint one week and sinner the next in the eyes of the same cretins!

13TAXI FOR HOPKIN? Empty Re: TAXI FOR HOPKIN? on Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:21 pm

connellton

David Hopkin is the most successful manager to have graced the Cappielow dugout this century.

14TAXI FOR HOPKIN? Empty Re: TAXI FOR HOPKIN? on Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:50 pm

SPIKE

connellton wrote:David Hopkin is the most successful manager to have graced the Cappielow dugout this century.

18 matches 6 wins 2 draws 10 defeats

Is that the most successful?

15TAXI FOR HOPKIN? Empty Re: TAXI FOR HOPKIN? on Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:52 pm

connellton

I can't remember one solitary soul regretting Hoppy's appointment - indeed many were desperate that we get him before he went South. What's going wrong?

16TAXI FOR HOPKIN? Empty Re: TAXI FOR HOPKIN? on Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:33 pm

Blade Runner

Blade Runner
connellton wrote:I can't remember one solitary soul regretting Hoppy's appointment - indeed many were desperate that we get him before he went South. What's going wrong?

He's clearly not the manager we all thought he was.

17TAXI FOR HOPKIN? Empty Re: TAXI FOR HOPKIN? on Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:49 pm

RSlicker

RSlicker
Blade Runner wrote:
connellton wrote:I can't remember one solitary soul regretting Hoppy's appointment - indeed many were desperate that we get him before he went South. What's going wrong?

So what does that say about us?

18TAXI FOR HOPKIN? Empty Re: TAXI FOR HOPKIN? on Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:52 pm

Blade Runner

Blade Runner
RSlicker wrote:
Blade Runner wrote:

That's not how it works Slick. We are all holding our hands up and admitting we got it wrong, while the club soldier on with the same shite.

People like you will no doubt be saying we can't afford to sack him. I say we can't afford to keep him.

19TAXI FOR HOPKIN? Empty Re: TAXI FOR HOPKIN? on Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:55 pm

RSlicker

RSlicker
Blade Runner wrote:
RSlicker wrote:
Blade Runner wrote:

That's not how it works Slick. We are all holding our hands up and admitting we got it wrong, while the club soldier on with the same shite.

People like you will no doubt be saying we can't afford to sack him. I say we can't afford to keep him.
I say we can't afford either! We're down on our uppers!

20TAXI FOR HOPKIN? Empty Re: TAXI FOR HOPKIN? on Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:05 pm

Blade Runner

Blade Runner
RSlicker wrote:
Blade Runner wrote:
RSlicker wrote:
Blade Runner wrote:

Our Chairman/Owner drives a fucking Bentley. Don't ever believe it when a millionaire tells you he's skint, he's lying.

21TAXI FOR HOPKIN? Empty Re: TAXI FOR HOPKIN? on Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:30 pm

Tomton

Tomton
Blade Runner wrote:
RSlicker wrote:
Blade Runner wrote:
RSlicker wrote:
Blade Runner wrote:

Our Chairman/Owner drives a fucking Bentley. Don't ever believe it when a millionaire tells you he's skint, he's lying.
Douglas Rae promised that the debt HE created would never be called in. The Rae family has subsequently proved itself to be untrustworthy if not downright dishonest. MCT income goes into the Club kitty irrespective of how they choose to spin it - a gift to the Raes from mindless well-doers. The 'cash-strapped' Raes must be having a good old snigger.

22TAXI FOR HOPKIN? Empty Re: TAXI FOR HOPKIN? on Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:59 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
The Rae Family are using the debt to keep the fans exactly where they want them until they can get rid of the club.

23TAXI FOR HOPKIN? Empty Re: TAXI FOR HOPKIN? on Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:18 pm

SPIKE

Ball de Ed wrote:When we grab the three points on Saturday, Hoppy will once again rule.

Which Saturday?

24TAXI FOR HOPKIN? Empty Re: TAXI FOR HOPKIN? on Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:01 pm

stalkton

stalkton
Johnny Bravo wrote:The Rae Family are using the debt to keep the fans exactly where they want them until they can get rid of the club.
They have had the fans exactly where they want them from day one-out of the equation.

25TAXI FOR HOPKIN? Empty Re: TAXI FOR HOPKIN? on Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:05 pm

Blade Runner

Blade Runner
The Rae family are protected by hundreds of little minion happy clappers who won't hear a bad word against them because they saved the club.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum