Talk of the 'Ton
LOGIN HERE
Talk of the 'Ton

GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

We could fairly use him tomorrow night!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1We could fairly use him tomorrow night! Empty We could fairly use him tomorrow night! on Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:46 am

Tomton

Tomton
We could fairly use him tomorrow night! Screen12

2We could fairly use him tomorrow night! Empty Re: We could fairly use him tomorrow night! on Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:13 am

JCB

JCB
We certainly could! Harper was a prolific striker - competent with both feet and despite his short stature a fine 'header' of a ball too!

My memory is not as good as once, but I recall seeing him at Cappielow as a virtually unknown fifteen year old when he scored no less than FIVE goals for the Scottish Schoolboys against Wales.

Even back in those days, the 'Ton couldn't keep hold of that sort of talent!

3We could fairly use him tomorrow night! Empty Re: We could fairly use him tomorrow night! on Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:40 am

bunnyrooney

bunnyrooney
Loved watching wee Joe - cracking old style centre forward with lightning reflexes and usually found the right space at the right time. A well deserved honour IMO.

4We could fairly use him tomorrow night! Empty Re: We could fairly use him tomorrow night! on Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:00 am

SPIKE

I was able to defeat him at the Wellpark putting course on several occasions.

He probably came good after that.

My grandfather did not like my putting with an RC.

5We could fairly use him tomorrow night! Empty Re: We could fairly use him tomorrow night! on Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:24 am

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
I saw on Facebook that he was in the directors box on Saturday. Does he still run a pub in the town?

6We could fairly use him tomorrow night! Empty Re: We could fairly use him tomorrow night! on Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:24 pm

Auld Cokey

Auld Cokey
As somebody else said he had lightning reflexes. He was very hard to mark too.

7We could fairly use him tomorrow night! Empty Re: We could fairly use him tomorrow night! on Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:17 pm

Edwards

Edwards
We didn't hang onto Joe for long enough - a real entertainer and crowd puller. Wish we had his like nowadays!

8We could fairly use him tomorrow night! Empty Re: We could fairly use him tomorrow night! on Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:41 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
Just before my time. I'm sure I heard someone saying on Facebook last week that wee Joe started as a winger, or was it Joe Jordan, I really don't remember.

Any of the old codgers guys shed any light?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum