Talk of the 'Ton

GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Idle Idol

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Idle Idol Empty The Idle Idol on Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:49 pm

Quick Draw

Quick Draw
Found this on Twitter today. A right good listen.

https://soundcloud.com/user-436880621/episode-36-interview-andy-ritchie

2The Idle Idol Empty Re: The Idle Idol on Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:03 pm

Blade Runner

Blade Runner
It's a story that Andy has told many times before. Really sad that he retired so young and has had to overcome many problems throughout his life. Looks like he's overcome most of his demons and it's always good to see him at Cappielow.

3The Idle Idol Empty Re: The Idle Idol on Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:07 pm

Delton

Delton
Wasted talent. Guess we are all victims of our own personalities one way or another.

4The Idle Idol Empty Re: The Idle Idol on Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:52 am

SPIKE

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_prem/8353673.stm

He scored outrageous goals and, until last week when I saw a DVD of the magic that made him Scotland's player of the year, I was beginning to think time had enhanced the magic of it all.

5The Idle Idol Empty Re: The Idle Idol on Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:20 am

The Toad

The Toad
SPIKE wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_prem/8353673.stm

He scored outrageous goals and, until last week when I saw a DVD of the magic that made him Scotland's player of the year, I was beginning to think time had enhanced the magic of it all.

Hard to understand the repeated assertions elsewhere that players of Ritchie's quality (or McGraw's, or even Gourlay's) aren't up to the standard of our modern players. You can only compare like with like and I wonder how today's cosseted wee fannies would cope with the rigours of yesteryear. If Big Andy could do those things with a football back then, what miracles could he not perform with the modern ball?

6The Idle Idol Empty Re: The Idle Idol on Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:07 am

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
The game today doesn't allow for players like Andy any more. If a player doesn't track back and defend, then he doesn't play. Modern day clipboard football is rubbish.

7The Idle Idol Empty Re: The Idle Idol on Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:24 am

bigsanny

bigsanny
Johnny Bravo wrote:The game today doesn't allow for players like Andy any more. If a player doesn't track back and defend, then he doesn't play. Modern day clipboard football is rubbish.
The kids get football coached out of them from when they’re just tiny tots. All part of our dumbing down society I reckon

8The Idle Idol Empty Re: The Idle Idol on Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:10 pm

cloch

cloch
bigsanny wrote:The game today doesn't allow for players like Andy any more. If a player doesn't track back and defend, then he doesn't play. Modern day clipboard football is rubbish.
The kids get football coached out of them from when they’re just tiny tots. All part of our dumbing down society I reckon
What sort of creep coaches tiny tots? If I was a parent I’d keep my kids miles away.

9The Idle Idol Empty Re: The Idle Idol on Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:59 pm

JJB

cloch wrote:
bigsanny wrote:The game today doesn't allow for players like Andy any more. If a player doesn't track back and defend, then he doesn't play. Modern day clipboard football is rubbish.
What sort of creep coaches tiny tots? If I was a parent I’d keep my kids miles away.
Well I guess there must be a lot of well-intentioned folk involved but the very idea is extremely scary

10The Idle Idol Empty Re: The Idle Idol on Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:57 pm

Russellton

cloch wrote:
Paedos mate.

11The Idle Idol Empty Re: The Idle Idol on Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:37 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
This took a rather weird direction.

So, back on track. The next club podcast is with Big Andy. The big man is in demand this weather.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum