Talk of the 'Ton
LOGIN HERE
Talk of the 'Ton

GREENOCK MORTON FANS' FORUM.

You are not connected. Please login or register

MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY - Page 2 Empty Re: MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY on Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:19 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
Tomton wrote:I see Saturday's match as the acid test for David Hopkin and his bargain basement boys!

When he left Livingston, most were desperate for him to join us - but a run of bad results has put his stock at an all time low.

As we move into the second quarter you'd imagine that the players would want to prove their mettle to the home crowd. Although the manager ultimately carries the can, he has little influence over what happens after kick off.

The problem recently though is the team and formation he's putting on the park for kick off.

27MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY - Page 2 Empty Re: MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY on Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:29 pm

Tomton

Tomton
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Tomton wrote:I see Saturday's match as the acid test for David Hopkin and his bargain basement boys!

When he left Livingston, most were desperate for him to join us - but a run of bad results has put his stock at an all time low.

As we move into the second quarter you'd imagine that the players would want to prove their mettle to the home crowd. Although the manager ultimately carries the can, he has little influence over what happens after kick off.

The problem recently though is the team and formation he's putting on the park for kick off.
I'm frankly a bit tired of this old chestnut! Duffy was the biggest victim of the keyboard aficionados who constantly played football manager without a clue as to why changes had been made. I recall one game in particular where he was absolutely slaughtered at KO and it was comedy gold watching the wee reptiles change their skins as we went on to dominate and win comfortably!

28MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY - Page 2 Empty Re: MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY on Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:05 pm

The Toad

The Toad
Tomton wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

I'm frankly a bit tired of this old chestnut! Duffy was the biggest victim of the keyboard aficionados who constantly played football manager without a clue as to why changes had been made. I recall one game in particular where he was absolutely slaughtered at KO and it was comedy gold watching the wee reptiles change their skins as we went on to dominate and win comfortably!
Yes, but this is not confined to Morton or even to football. The internet has bred a completely new strain of 'expert' on everything and anything. Most are probably losers in reality. happy

29MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY - Page 2 Empty Re: MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY on Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:20 pm

richton

richton
Looking forward to the game in spite of recent stuff. Think we'll do better at home. It would be good for all if we get three points.

30MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY - Page 2 Empty Re: MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY on Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:16 pm

strapton

strapton
Yes I see Hopkins getting it tight elsewhere. Still think he can turn this season around.

31MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY - Page 2 Empty Re: MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY on Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:25 pm

eraser

eraser
1 -0

32MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY - Page 2 Empty Re: MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY on Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:31 pm

masterton

masterton
2-2

33MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY - Page 2 Empty Re: MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY on Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:10 pm

cassidy

cassidy
2-2

34MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY - Page 2 Empty Re: MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY on Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:46 pm

friedegg

friedegg
Nothing predictible in football! I'm going 2-1

35MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY - Page 2 Empty Re: MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY on Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:59 am

Branchy

This season’s Championship has already thrown up some surprises. Caley will expect to thump us again but maybe the worm will turn - GIRU them!

Sent from Topic'it App

36MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY - Page 2 Empty Re: MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY on Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:18 am

CornyTon

CornyTon
Okay - hello all and straight in at the deep end. There's FAR too much negativity. No point in bumping gums about the stingy budget and then slamming Hoppy and the squad when we don't play like the OF! happy

Get down the road tomorrow and support the 'Ton, if you call yourself a 'Ton supporter! thumbs up

37MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY - Page 2 Empty Re: MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY on Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:32 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
Of course there is corny. Hoppy knew the budget when he signed on. He's got to take the blame for the squad he's then built.

The sustainability budget is a different argument all together.

38MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY - Page 2 Empty Re: MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY on Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:51 pm

JCB

JCB
Johnny Bravo wrote:Of course there is corny. Hoppy knew the budget when he signed on. He's got to take the blame for the squad he's then built.

Did he tell you what it was too JB? big grin

39MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY - Page 2 Empty Re: MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY on Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:15 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY - Page 2 Screen10
MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY - Page 2 Screen24
MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY - Page 2 Screen23

http://gmfc1874.forumotion.com

40MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY - Page 2 Empty Re: MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY on Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:43 pm

CornyTon

CornyTon
Johnny Bravo wrote:Of course there is corny. Hoppy knew the budget when he signed on. He's got to take the blame for the squad he's then built.

Your saying he knew the budget. Fair enough so what was the target? Just to stay in the division?

We get so many different lies and stories from the Club and their hingers on, but we should still be supporting the lads when they run out tomorrow.

41MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY - Page 2 Empty Re: MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY on Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:22 pm

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo
Everyone will be supporting the lads corny, most will be from afar though. Why should the fans be expected to shell out good money to watch a pile of shite?

42MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY - Page 2 Empty Re: MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY on Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:30 pm

CornyTon

CornyTon
Johnny Bravo wrote:Everyone will be supporting the lads corny, most will be from afar though. Why should the fans be expected to shell out good money to watch a pile of shite?
There's no argument there I suppose.

43MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY - Page 2 Empty Re: MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY on Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:39 pm

SpaTon

SpaTon
Got a wee bet on us to win 1-0! smile

44MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY - Page 2 Empty Re: MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY on Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:44 pm

Archieton

Archieton
Re. our league position I see Dundee are two up on Ayr at the moment!

45MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY - Page 2 Empty Re: MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY on Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:03 pm

BarrTon

BarrTon
Archieton wrote:Re. our league position I see Dundee are two up on Ayr at the moment!

1-2 at half time mate

46MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY - Page 2 Empty Re: MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY on Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:31 pm

Taggart

Taggart
Still 1-2 - ideally I guess we'd prefer Dundee to lose.

47MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY - Page 2 Empty Re: MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY on Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:20 pm

Archieton

Archieton
Dundee with all three points so best we can manage tomorrow is fifth.

48MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY - Page 2 Empty Re: MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY on Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:19 pm

Branchy

Well that would still be top half. Fingers crossed

49MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY - Page 2 Empty Re: MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY on Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:28 pm

Tomton

Tomton
Taggart wrote:Still 1-2 - ideally I guess we'd prefer Dundee to lose.
Quite a few predictions that Ayr will drop down the table with McCall gone so maybe not such a bad thing

50MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY - Page 2 Empty Re: MORTON v INVERNESS CALEY on Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:03 pm

Finally first game of the season for me. Hopefully my general presence will bring about a change of Form. Plus it's on my coupon, 7-0

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum